Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 12:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yes thanks Jim!! I was wondering if you guys are gonna try gear differential up front instead of the spool. I have been testing the gear differential with ear plug putty and i had good results on high grip technical carpet track.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Tech Initiate

For those that want to run a gear diff up front, here is a brief DIY that i made to help you

Here are the items you need:

-ARC R10 Geear diff # R109001
-Mack's Waterproof ear plug putty (Walmart/ Target)
-8,000-10,000 CST silicone oil

Mack's Ear Plugs

Build the gear diff same as you would the rear gear diff

Take one ear plug and tear it into smaller pieces as shown

Insert one piece at a time into the gear diff and try to pack it in all the nook and cranies of the gear diff. Put two drops of 8000-10000 silicon oil on top of putty (just stuff it enough to cover all the holes)

Now insert the 4 smaller gears and push it into the putty as hard as you can

Now insert the remaining putty into the gear diff, if you cannot close the other diff half, you can always remove some putty little at a time. Close and tighten.

Now you have a smooth gear diff you can install in the front. After many runs back to back with a spool on high grip carpet, i found the gear diff calms the front down. It also allows the car to transition better in chicanes and it provides overall more even grip from front to back.

Good luck and happy racing!!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Low grib carpet

Hi

Have just bought one of this cars , but what do you do in low grib situations? The car feels like it's driving on top of the carpet , and do not get grib in the carpet. Feels like the wishbones is way to hard , compaired to other cars in our club

Regards
Andy
Old 12-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Andy, what are you running for set up? Kit set up? Let us know some have an idea on where to start.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nikos2002
Andy, what are you running for set up? Kit set up? Let us know some have an idea on where to start.
Hi

Have tried a lot , incl the kit setup and a lot other i have found. Have tried a lot other changes , incl the capri setup from ds.
I have a idea that the wishbones are to hard with no flex for that low grib carpet track we have
Old 12-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HB-forever
Hi

Have tried a lot , incl the kit setup and a lot other i have found. Have tried a lot other changes , incl the capri setup from ds.
I have a idea that the wishbones are to hard with no flex for that low grib carpet track we have
What tires are you running?
Old 12-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Drop the roll centers down and put 0.5 shim underneath the suspension blocks. This will create more grip overall. Also put lighter oil (35 wt) or put larger diameter pistons, 1.2mm 3 hole. I have been testing all kinds of setups and now i know the nature of this car. Let me know if that helps

Hi

Old 12-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ARC USA
Drop the roll centers down and put 0.5 shim underneath the suspension blocks. This will create more grip overall. Also put lighter oil (35 wt) or put larger diameter pistons, 1.2mm 3 hole. I have been testing all kinds of setups and now i know the nature of this car. Let me know if that helps
Driving on sorex 28r tyres revlite rims jb blue foam inset. Rules in national series. The is lifting inner rear tyre and have done from start , track is tecnical with a fast turn at the end of straight . Stock springs , have tried lowering tower rear 2 mm , great improovment
Old 12-12-2012, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hi

Have just bought one of this cars , but what do you do in low grib situations? The car feels like it's driving on top of the carpet , and do not get grib in the carpet. Feels like the wishbones is way to hard , compaired to other cars in our club

Regards
Andy
I run the R10 on low grip carpet (mod) every week at our local club, here's some things that I've found:
- kit springs have been the best so far
- reduced to 1mm ackerman shims, calms the steering, feels more planted
- kit hard front bumper can catch the carpet, off power high speed sweepers (looks like traction roll on entry) when using light damping and more droop
- anything less than cst400 shock oil makes the car aggressive and nervous feeling (for me)
- best droop so far is 5.6 front and 4.6 rear (our track is quite bumpy)

I know there's more in the car, still not satisfied with my setup. As soon as I get close I'll post a setup sheet if anyone's interested.

Jim C.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Driving on sorex 28r tyres revlite rims jb blue foam inset. Rules in national series. The is lifting inner rear tyre and have done from start , track is tecnical with a fast turn at the end of straight . Stock springs , have tried lowering tower rear 2 mm , great improvment
If the car is lifting the rear inner tyre, then it certainly isn't "floating" on the track, it is generating too much front end grip.

I use the same tyres on a medium to low grip (typical UK tracks). I have a setup here - http://fiveeight0sixsix.files.wordpr...21_10_2012.pdf - which is what I am using and but it is not very far from the kit setup.

To be honest, if the car is lifting wheels I'd be looking at tyre prep or an issue with the build first. The standard shocks are a bit tricky to build, double check they are actually giving smooth damping through the whole stroke.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Initiate

If your car catches the front bumper when cornering, here is a fix. It might not provide the full protection up in the front so please do this at your own risk.

BEFORE

AFTER

Originally Posted by pcar951
I run the R10 on low grip carpet (mod) every week at our local club, here's some things that I've found:
- kit springs have been the best so far
- reduced to 1mm ackerman shims, calms the steering, feels more planted
- kit hard front bumper can catch the carpet, off power high speed sweepers (looks like traction roll on entry) when using light damping and more droop
- anything less than cst400 shock oil makes the car aggressive and nervous feeling (for me)
- best droop so far is 5.6 front and 4.6 rear (our track is quite bumpy)

I know there's more in the car, still not satisfied with my setup. As soon as I get close I'll post a setup sheet if anyone's interested.

Jim C.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Driving on sorex 28r tyres revlite rims jb blue foam inset. Rules in national series. The is lifting inner rear tyre and have done from start , track is tecnical with a fast turn at the end of straight . Stock springs , have tried lowering tower rear 2 mm , great improovment
If your rear inner tire is lifting, go wider on the front lower arm shock mount holes.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

I once had tyre lifting issue too. Reset tweak and it dissapeared... Sometimes the simplest things are taken for granted...

Try that before moving on the other adjustments
Old 12-13-2012, 11:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

For sure cyande... I square the car up before each heat, only takes a minute to do.

I like the protection of the lower bumper (cattle catcher) so I just put the heat gun on it and bent the outer edges up a little. Solved the problem for me.

I forgot to mention, I also flipped the rear arms so I could use the outer shock mount without the shock rod ball touching on the wheel in hard cornering. First I tried the inner hole on the arm but, I felt the rear of the car rolled too much because of the extra leverage on the shock. Arms flipped, outer hole, no problem.

Last edited by pcar951; 12-13-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by pcar951
For sure cyande... I square the car up before each heat, only takes a minute to do.

I like the protection of the lower bumper (cattle catcher) so I just put the heat gun on it and bent the outer edges up a little. Solved the problem for me.

I forgot to mention, I also flipped the rear arms so I could use the outer shock mount without the shock rod ball touching on the wheel in hard cornering. First I tried the inner hole on the arm but, I felt the rear of the car rolled too much because of the extra leverage on the shock. Arms flipped, outer hole, no problem.
Hey Jim,
That wide in the rear.... Hmmm gonna have to try that at my carpet track. What tires and sauce do you guys use up at your track?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.