Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Old 03-17-2005, 10:19 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the response about the springs! I will buy the Xray springs I just hate the fact that you have to buy them in sets of four. I have another question, I noticed that they have three different C-hubs soft, medium, and hard. I'm assuming they are referring to the plastic. What are people running. I will running the car on a tight carpet track for about a month then I will be going out on the asphalt. Sorry for all the newbie questions, just trying to prepare my self for the new ride!
Old 03-17-2005, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For rubber I usually run medium when I need more aggressive steering and move to hard or alu if I need a more smooth drive (fast tracks, high grip tracks). I seldom run the soft C-hubs but that maybe because I tend steer aggressively myself...
Old 03-17-2005, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The car is actually on US soil - we won't have to wait much longer.
check here
Old 03-17-2005, 06:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Got mine today in Australia

Jason
Old 03-17-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

Im told the kits are at Mirage, probably been there a day or 2 now if not more, from what i beleive they were due to go through the system today (thurs) and im guessing they will be picked up tomorrow for shipping to all the modelshops to arrive before noon on Monday, as long as my LHS has 2 kits, im happy, cos im #2 hehe

Still waiting to find the price on the Battery strap and the Motor 'shield' which im thinking i might get to play it safe, as long as they dont take the p*ss with the price of a C shaped peice of Carbon with 2 screws & bolts, then i get one, otherwise i'll get some Kydex (or however you spell it :P) and make a couple something similar for half the price.

I was wondering with the shield, it might be a good idea on the inside corners to just 'cut' into it, just a mm or 2, and then put a zip tie round it, just to protect both the bodyshell and the CF from rubbing on corners, although a zip-tie might unbalance the cornering if one sides roll is stopped by a rubbing zip tie, and the other side can roll deeper into a corner. soon see i guess.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:49 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Cars are set to go out to all dealers on the 21st. World Wide from what I was told.

The cars destin for Canada will be here Monday

So close... guys are you ready...

Korgae

XRAY Canada
Old 03-17-2005, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

so who will be the first consumer to post a built pic? lucky buggers
Old 03-17-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Regular

So today I have once again been completely frustrated with Xray and the unwillingness to give information on something that everyone knows exists. First off, I am pumped because the kits most likely left RC America today and I could have one in my hands early next week. I was more excited when I found part numbers for hard arms, battery straps etc.....well, Wed afternoon I posted a question on the xray forum about the availability of the hard arms. "were they shipped along with the other FK05 kits and parts?". Gilles was nice enough to sort of answer some questions but really did not give me any info on the arms. Tony and Mario wont answer the question So today, I email RC america and ask them the same thing. Finally, this evening I get a response....."currently X-ray does not make hard arms. We do not know the intentions of the future as far as the hard arms goes." So, once again the parts that are on the cars that are actually winning races and now on the website....really dont exist..."they are not made". This is the very reason why I know of 3 A main US indoor champs, Carpet Nats caliber drivers (stock class) have stopped running the car. They can go to these races....talk with the team drivers...look at their cars, see the parts but cant get them for themselves because they are not fully sponsored and only the team guys (which they can beat in most cases by the way) can run the parts that dont exist. I wish the damn car was not so good so I could go in another direction. Loyalty and the fact that I love the car are currenly more powerful than my frustration level.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Eric,

You certainly have more patience than I did with XRAY. Just so you won't be the only hard arms advocate on this thread, I have seen them before too and at the time was told "you can never get them".

Dom
Old 03-17-2005, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

Well, I am a sucker for quality...but I did swear that I will not be sacraficing speed for quality. This past year I convinced a number of guys to run the car. there were about 7 of us at our track. A couple of the guys are probably top 10-15 stock carpet racers in the country. A number of the guys bailed because of parts and a couple would go to a big race and see guys that they are beating regularly....those guys could have the parts and he couldn't. I know of another VERY good Carpet racer that has one many big national type events including this year at the champs.....he won with a pro 4 this year and gave up the xray because he was at a race and was told he could not have some of the steering extensions and rear roll center adjusters....The shop was sold out and the factory guys would not give them because they were hard to get. that is total BS. I wont fart around anymore....I will never be a full factory sponsored driver but I was the BQ in both masters touring and master 12th at this years US indoor champs....this year is important for me because my next step is to get into the show at a major race....if the car I am running cant be at its full potential because I am racing against guys that have parts I cant have then I will go with something else.

What I would like to know is how many of the guys at the nats are running thing chassis and standard arms....hmmmm....let me guess....ZERO. I could understand if they were testing stuff but hard arms have been in existance for at least a year....and they put out the entire FK05 in less than 4 months.

I can work around the hard arms a little buy drilling a new hole in the arms and moving the droop screw out a little...this can be done on the new chassis and will make the arm more rigid and easier to check uptravel.

Dom, all I will say is that I have driven the new losi.....It is very good....not the same quality as Xray but its fairly good. At least I have an out now....before, I would not go to the TC3 so I was stuck.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Ok...you're all over Xray for not having released arms that were in development for a year and are on the current parts list with an announcement made on the Xray forum that they(general statement about hopup parts) should be available in 3 weeks.....

and yet losi is fine with a car that was spotted track testing over a year ago and has been delayed again and again....

Xray waited to release info on the FK05 as far as release dates and whatnot...so that it could release ACCURATE information...

The arms ARE coming...wou WILL be able to get them...it's jsut a matter of when.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Windsorguy99
Ok...you're all over Xray for not having released arms that were in development for a year and are on the current parts list with an announcement made on the Xray forum that they(general statement about hopup parts) should be available in 3 weeks.....

and yet losi is fine with a car that was spotted track testing over a year ago and has been delayed again and again....

Xray waited to release info on the FK05 as far as release dates and whatnot...so that it could release ACCURATE information...

The arms ARE coming...wou WILL be able to get them...it's jsut a matter of when.
I am all over them because repeated questions have gone completely ignored and when they finally answer they claim they dont exist. Yes, as I said earlier, I see them on the site...my question concerning availability has gone ignored for almost 2 days while other questions have been answered. Then when RcAmerica does answer..."they dont exist". I am not on Xrays case about release dates of kits or anything else. My earlier frustration about the thick chassis was not about the fact that I will be forced to pay extra to get the car great on carpet but was becuase of the idea that it was not necessary to have for carpet. Which is completely a joke since they will all have their thick chassis out this week at the US carpet nats.

Yes, Losi has had some delays and I am not here defending that because I am buying an Xray my 4th one as a matter of fact (fifth if you count my xtra kit I bought for spares)....I am just saying that I will jump this time if I need to. And lets not be so quick to rip on Losi ....at least they have a car that they can say is 100% their design....they went out on a limb and we should commend them for that whether we like their products or not. Xray is by far the best built car on the planet but dont tell me that the designs are 100% original. They do a wonderful job of perfecting designs that out there....and I wont ever be critical of that!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default Foam Tire

I was looking at the Snowbirds foam carpet setup and noticed something quite strange. It says Groskamp ran purple/plaid tires. Usually guys run cyan/magenta in competitive carpet racing and I was just wondering if this was a mistake.

Also, does the wide top deck come with the 2 extra standoffs for the rear supports?

Thanks
Old 03-17-2005, 08:59 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Foam Tire

Originally posted by letitroll
I was looking at the Snowbirds foam carpet setup and noticed something quite strange. It says Groskamp ran purple/plaid tires. Usually guys run cyan/magenta in competitive carpet racing and I was just wondering if this was a mistake.

Also, does the wide top deck come with the 2 extra standoffs for the rear supports?

Thanks
Some Xray drivers have found that purple/plaids are just better than the double ping/orange combo. The wide top deck and 2 extra standoffs will significantly stiffen the car. The wider the mounting area the stiffer it will be.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Foam Tire

Originally posted by letitroll

Thanks
You'd think they would come with the standoffs, but I think they're separate. They have separate part numbers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.