Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 05:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally posted by TC3
wow that is a nice feature

anyway i think there is no need for alu hubs, they only add wight..

the xray front swaybar is 23$ ..

now what is a good xray shop (cheap) that ships to europe ?
i know speedtech allready..

and where to finde xray setups ?

thx
Try: rc-mushroom.com
Old 03-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Tech Addict

anyway i think there is no need for alu hubs, they only add wight..
i disagree. unless the fk05 has a wider bumper i have been snapping chubs EVERY time i go run it. some are because i cant drive true, but a small tap against a wall just breaks them way too easily.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

id rather break a c hub than bend one
Old 03-10-2005, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by greencactus3
i disagree. unless the fk05 has a wider bumper i have been snapping chubs EVERY time i go run it. some are because i cant drive true, but a small tap against a wall just breaks them way too easily.
I would like to recommend the "high impact" front bumper from Xray and then get a Rubberneck Racing bumper.

PM wannabee here on RCtech for the bumper.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

aluminum c-hub doesn't break easily, true. But it bends like Joneser suggested, you can potentially be driving a car one side 4 degree and one side 5 degrees and think everything is spot on but the car just handles weird.

One small tap and break a c-hub, that's a bit over exaggerated. I've ran a good season of outdoor with mod, 19T, stock, and the whole indoor season so far with 19T, I broke maybe only half a dozen c-hubs.

Dom
Old 03-10-2005, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

A lot of the broken C-hubs are due to people running a broken upper bumper brace....the bumper loses a LOT of strength if that upper brace isn't intact
Old 03-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

been running my FK with lots of success and IMO i have a killer set-up tht suits my driving. i wonder how far off is the set-up of the FK05 from the FK?
Old 03-10-2005, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, I cant disagree more. I think this is by far the best car out there when it comes to durability.....I will however say that I run the rubberneck racing bumper and it makes things waaaaay better. One of the young kids at our track used to break his tc3 every week...arms, chubs, knuckles. He has had an xray for about a month or two and has broken nothing...not one part. 2 reasons...first, the car is easier to drive and second...the car is just uses better materials and design.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Windsorguy99
A lot of the broken C-hubs are due to people running a broken upper bumper brace....the bumper loses a LOT of strength if that upper brace isn't intact
really. hm maybe i should replace mine then.
and i made a wider bumer for myself so maybe i wont break chubs as much anymore. havent tested it yet but if it fails ill get the rubberneck. and whats the "high impact" front bumper look like? as for durability i agree except for the chubs this car is a tank. except my other car. hpi rally IS a tank. thing is, i keep comparing durability to this, which i have NEVER broken a part to. yes everything is soft and flexy so is of course harder to break but still, ive had the rally for longer and ive abused it as any rally loving person would with his rallycar. NO broken parts. so unless i figure a way to save my chubs the MOST durable car i know is the hpi rally
Old 03-10-2005, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

with that upper bumper brace broken it allows the bumper to move out of the way instead of absorbing the force of the impact...

Only times I've broken a C-Hub or knuckle I've also had a broken upper bumper mount....
Old 03-10-2005, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

hmm yea ive never replaced my broken upper brace so maybe thats the big reason. i just thought the bumper was plain not big enough
Old 03-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

. "high impact" front bumper look like?
Here's the stock one:

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...&kategoria=861

Here's the impact absorbing "high impact" one:

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...&kategoria=861
Old 03-10-2005, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

oh. its just the impact absorbing one? i thought there was a even more impact absorbing HIGH impact absorbing one. yea i have that one on my car now, even tho it has a crack down it. does that mean its time to replace that too?
Old 03-10-2005, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

If it has a crack, then its time to replace it.

With the rubberneck bumper on the car... I only broke a few c-hubs in the 5 months that I ran the car.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks Brian! I have a ton of the FK bumpers in stock, feel free to PM me for details!

Thanks,
Kevin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.