Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I hope you guys pre-ordered this thing.
I recently found out that the street price which is mandatory by Xray is $397us.
Almost $30 more than the predicted price.
Some stores will still honer the lower price if it was pre-ordered.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by scoobydo
I recently found out that the street price which is mandatory by Xray is $397us.
$397 is the street price on the dealers price list so I never understood how all these shops posting their price cheaper.

Dom
Old 02-24-2005, 05:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally posted by scoobydo
Savings which is to almost to cover a multi-diff purchase sound good to me.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Most of the the shops that had preorder also had it saying estimated price...
Old 02-24-2005, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

yeah, I even found some places taking pre-orders at over $425!!
Some low-balled it, others overpriced.
As long as you get one!
Old 02-24-2005, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The street price on the dealer price list is the MAP or Minimum Advertised Price....

Shops can sell for more or less than that price...

they just can't advertise pricing any lower....for example... Ultimate Hobbies...XB8 $650 or 'CALL FOR SPECIAL PRICING'....they can't advertise the $599 price they were actually selling it for because it is below the MAP

Just quit freaking out things that are still unknown....when it hits the streets, if pricing is out of line in your eyes complain then..until then it's all just baseless speculation
Old 02-24-2005, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by PaulC2K
yeah, if you mirrored the whole drivetrain on the car, the rear diff doesnt care which way its sat, as long as its pulled the same way, the front only matters when its got a 1-way saying im only going 1 direction.

On the kits able to run 6 cells on either side, they should be able to throw the drivetrain the other way around and fit a backwards 1-way (or still run perfectly but without a 1-way).

I just had a look at my 1-way unit, if the mount wasnt just slightly off-center, it could have been possible to just mount the pulley on the other side, however im guessing the tight squeeze they've put onto the '05 will mean that slight bit of off-center the pulley would be in to operate about... 5mm from its correct location, putting it onto the left side, would probably be too far over.
I doubt it would work, but it would be the electrics side it'd be very close to, electrics can be possitioned better, cells obviously cant, so *maybe* thats a possibility, it would depend entirely on what contact was now possible with 'foreign' objects within the car (bulkheads, motor mounts, electrics etc)
I just finished reading your post. I must say that was an excellent explaination. My only question is, are not the saddle pack configurations usable with the mirrored drivetrain? You stated about the sideXside config, but the saddle packs should be doable.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Good point

yeah, saddle packs would still work, i was thinking in my head that for the car to be completely mirrored it would need to have the servo mount holes on the other side, and for some reason i got stuck on the idea of the cells having to go down one side.
I can only imagine i got that from running the XRC chassis and i knew that wouldnt work cos you cant move the servo, i've always ran 3x3 all the way to the back, so its strange i never gave it a thought that could stay as it is still.

Still, i maintain my much earlier point, Mario doesnt know his own kits
Old 02-24-2005, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Im saying you might be surprised at the things Mario knows....he may not have taken the time to analize every year car when he gave that answer....he was probably thinking about the fk and the xrc chassis....its easy to run people down, Id guess that at this point, with the new car so close, he is to busy to turn around, let alone think of all the ways to fit the md in older cars......
Old 02-26-2005, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default FK05

I notice that I do see a whole lot from X-Ray on asphalt, I see most of there wins come on carpet. I race outdoors on asphalt, is this car going to be any good for me? I'm trying to decide between TRF415 MS and FK05.

I will only be racing on asphalt. All opinions are welcome.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

has anyone heard about if the xray might be coming out march 9..........
Old 02-26-2005, 11:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by A.c racing
has anyone heard about if the xray might be coming out march 9..........
I spoke to John (Owner of RC America/Xray USA) and he said they are about 3 weeks away, which means the dealers are looking at about 4-5 weeks before the car kit arrives assuming there are no delays

Steve Wang
Old 02-27-2005, 12:44 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: FK05

Originally posted by Ill Factor
I notice that I do see a whole lot from X-Ray on asphalt, I see most of there wins come on carpet. I race outdoors on asphalt, is this car going to be any good for me? I'm trying to decide between TRF415 MS and FK05.

I will only be racing on asphalt. All opinions are welcome.
I think the general characteristics of the Xray T1 FK was that it was understeering a bit more than some other cars. This made it good on carpet. On asphalt where you need more steering to turn faster laptimes I think Xray was suffering sligthly.

On the new Xray 05 with the same layout as TRF415 I think it will be handling similar to the 415.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default FK05

Ok in all honesty, do you think the 415 is a better choice for me. I strictly run asphalt.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:55 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: FK05

Originally posted by moonman
I think the general characteristics of the Xray T1 FK was that it was understeering a bit more than some other cars. This made it good on carpet. On asphalt where you need more steering to turn faster laptimes I think Xray was suffering sligthly.

On the new Xray 05 with the same layout as TRF415 I think it will be handling similar to the 415.
Well, I am not sure I agree totally with that. We suffered at the Worlds as we did not have a good starting setup with a spool. We had prepared to run a one-way based on the warm-up, but the layout was changed in such a way that a spool was required instead... We started about 2 seconds of the pace and while we got faster so did everybody else and finished 2 seconds of the pace as well. Nevertheless we had 6 cars in the top 20 (more than any other team), but unfortunately none made it into the top 10.

But then the Worlds is not the only race... At the Euros earlier in 2004 we took an easy pole position showing the FK04's speed on asphalt.

How well the FK05 will do is something we will have to wait and see, but personally I think it will match and surpass the FK04 on asphalt too. We've worked hard to keep the things that were good on the FK04 and improved the car where we could benefitting from the changed layout.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.