Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Old 10-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jamescam
teamgp -

Can you comment on the new shock rumor?

Honestly, I don't know. But I'm sure that if I was privy to any new product, I wouldn't be able to tell until it was official anyway.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:50 PM
Tech Addict

What was that FK'06 you was telling us all about?
Old 10-04-2005, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Does anyone else think it's Ghetto to have to grind the rear arms in order to run foams? ...shocks ended up at an angle, so I dremeled out the back of the top shock mount as well to straighten them out as much as possible, but they're still at an angle.
i run rubber so no need to file my arms but if they are at such an extreme angle then you could space out your shock tower and mount the top of the shocks in front of the tower if you get what i mean.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raving-monkey
i run rubber so no need to file my arms but if they are at such an extreme angle then you could space out your shock tower and mount the top of the shocks in front of the tower if you get what i mean.
Then the camber links would end up at an angle, probably a "worse of the two evils" ...they're ok now, with modifying the top shock mount it's only about 1/4 mm off from top to bottom now, it was pretty obvioslu off before ...you gotta hog out about 2 or 3 mm of meet on the arms so you're that much farther in on the bottom than normal.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

anyone had tried 3.0mm on asphat track?
any comments?
Old 10-04-2005, 10:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

harsh just run the inside hole the car works pretty damn good with there jilles setup from the vegas race has them in the inside hole.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:20 AM
Tech Addict

A quick note on shimming the shock towers with ground arms. If you shim the optional postion standoffs too, the camber links are at a nice normal angle. I don't like the way my car feels when I shim the tower back though, the angle of the rear shocks has the effect of mild anti-squat which frees the car up on power, it also effectively softens the car up a little when it rolls laterally which makes it easier to drive.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:09 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by teamgp

Honestly, I don't know. But I'm sure that if I was privy to any new product, I wouldn't be able to tell until it was official anyway.
Allow me to make suggestion for next release :

Front CF shock tower is too high, I could not lower the body because the shock tower touch the body ( for examples: Nemesis & Mazda 6 body )

FK05 motor mount is not effective to be use as heatsink. Compare FK05 motor mount with tamiya 415 & 415ms, yokomo BD's motor sink ...... Modified motor can't transfer the extra heat because the motor mount is just too small. Melted solder joint over 4 minutes in my case.

Higher front & rear upright ( like in engine cars ) so when I press down the car to ground, more negative camber may result.

Please grease the rear diff at factory.

The rest are fine.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Seperate the bulkheads on each side in half and create accesibility to the diff with only 4 screws.
Just like the HB Cyclone, TRF 415 MSX, YOK BD, etc..

Make spur gear and belt changes a lot faster. You have to tear apart the whole car in order to change the front belt..
Old 10-05-2005, 05:09 AM
Tech Addict

The Hyperform aftermarket chassis for the fk 05 comes with shock towers which are lower to allow for slammed carpet bodies, and the tower maintains the stock shock angle. The kit is also made of the highest quality graphite yet to be used in the industry, quasi isotropic cf with the lowest resin to carbon ration availible. Its a 3.0mm chassis with the bulkhead areas milled out so the roll centers are the same as the stock 2.5mm chassis. I've been running the prototype chassis for a couple weeks now and its awesome.

see the website for details.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by eforer
The Hyperform aftermarket chassis for the fk 05 comes with shock towers which are lower to allow for slammed carpet bodies, and the tower maintains the stock shock angle. The kit is also made of the highest quality graphite yet to be used in the industry, quasi isotropic cf with the lowest resin to carbon ration availible. Its a 3.0mm chassis with the bulkhead areas milled out so the roll centers are the same as the stock 2.5mm chassis. I've been running the prototype chassis for a couple weeks now and its awesome.

see the website for details.
Now that we know that its awesome, compare the the stock 2.5 chassis how much better is the feel say between 1-10.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:12 AM
Tech Addict

On carpet its way, way better. Obviously its poor choice for asphalt or any rubber tire/ low traction application. The vastly increased stiffness due to the thick high quality graphite and the ultra wide top deck w/ standoffs makes the car more reactive (ie turn in faster and harder) and the car gains more steering throughout the corner. At a big race its a massive improvement but to my surprise its really improved the cars performance at the club level as well.

I believe Lino (the guy who owns hyperform) has a target price of $99.00 for the whole conversion which includes chassis, top deck and front and rear shock towers. All are made from the aforementioned high quality quasi isotropic graphite.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:56 AM
Tech Addict

I dont ming the bulkheads as they are.... multipeice buclkheads just cause tweak problems IMO.

What i would liek to see is ajustable front wheelbase and bigger diff pullys
Old 10-05-2005, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Scho
I dont ming the bulkheads as they are.... multipeice buclkheads just cause tweak problems IMO.
No it wont, the chassis post stiffener between upper and lower deck are the one that will definetely create tweak after `hard` impact. That`s the reasons why in TRF415 being eliminated or not used.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:22 AM
Tech Addict

IMO - In My Opinion

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.