Originally Posted by AdR|aN
I think this questions has been ask before.
I tried looking for it.
Might have missed it.
How "easy" it is to change the spur gear?
* Unscrew the right rear inner camber link from the shock tower all the way
* Unscrew the two shock tower screws on the right all the way
* Remove the right rear shock from tower and arm (makes it easier if its not in the way)
* Unscrew the two right rear top deck screws all the way
* Unscrew the three right rear bulkhead screws all the way
* Remove the right rear bulkhead by sliding it gently to the right while holding the layshaft and rear diff firmly against the left rear bulkhead
* Remove the rear belt completely
* Remove the front belt from the layshaft pulley
* Remove the layshaft and replace the spur gear
* Put everything back in reverse order
You can cut corners by only loosening or removing some of the above items, but it makes things more tricky trying to align everything once you've replaced the spur gear. Its actually faster if you do the steps above, have the shock and rear belt completely out of the way, and keep all of the loose screws in a tray.
Takes approximately 5 minutes for me and another 2 minutes to properly tighten the bulkhead screws while checking to make sure its tweak free.