Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by skinart76

The shock ends are a PITA to thread on to the shaft. It is possible without it (as I have done several times), but it is hard not to score the shaft up without it. (Look for "Locking shock shaft pliers" from [url
www.teamtamale.com[/url])
When I did mine,I pretapped the shock end like the instructions said then I put some 10w30 oil in the shock end.Ran the screw in and out several more times then put the shock shaft on.
No problem.
Old 05-29-2005, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You guys see that New FT TC4?
People are drooling all over it because it finally LOOKS competitive.
They basically made the chassis look like an XRay! j/k
Shafties, save your drool, get a Pro4 2005 Spec or switch to Xray.
Old 05-29-2005, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
P.S- Is anyone else having problems with stripping out the bottom chassis screws? I have to buy new bulkheads now because the screws are stuck in them after having to drill them out.
What i did was drill the head off of the screw (is this what you did?) and remove the bulkhead from the chassis. There will be a bit of the screw hanging from the bottom of the bulkhead. Slap that little bugger in a vice and spin the bulkhead, thus removing the screw.

I put a little bearing lube on the shoulder of the screw (the part that goes like this \_/ ) and they come out with no problem now.
Old 05-29-2005, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NVisible
What i did was drill the head off of the screw (is this what you did?) and remove the bulkhead from the chassis. There will be a bit of the screw hanging from the bottom of the bulkhead. Slap that little bugger in a vice and spin the bulkhead, thus removing the screw.

I put a little bearing lube on the shoulder of the screw (the part that goes like this \_/ ) and they come out with no problem now.
That is why people are putting CA on the countersunk holes, so they don't strip out. Its less messier than lube
Old 05-29-2005, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

i beg to differ. I have zero mess from putting some lube on my screws, you dont need to slobber all over them. Id rather not put CA on my holes either, as it can dry a little rough, or thicker one hole to the next, thus creating more problems. Plus, i can wipe away any excess lube i may have. Id need a debonder for any CA that may get away on me
Old 05-29-2005, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

John D,

You always have the coolest red accents on your car ... only one complaint, the cracked top bumper

Martin
Old 05-29-2005, 10:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by duckman996
John D,

You always have the coolest red accents on your car ... only one complaint, the cracked top bumper

Martin
Yep, I noticed after I took the pics ! oh well..
Old 05-29-2005, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

Default IF ONLY MY EYES HAVE X-RAY...VISION

http://www.rccarusa.com/DSC01149.JPG

does...anyone know this player

Natedog
Old 05-30-2005, 03:32 AM
Tech Regular

i beg to differ. I have zero mess from putting some lube on my screws, you dont need to slobber all over them. Id rather not put CA on my holes either, as it can dry a little rough, or thicker one hole to the next, thus creating more problems. Plus, i can wipe away any excess lube i may have. Id need a debonder for any CA that may get away on me
Suggestion...

Put some CA in a beer cap, use a Q-tip to absorb some, wipe in the counter sink. No mess, No CA getting away from you, and very consistent from hole to hole. Can do all of them in a minute if its dissassembled at the time.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

thats a good plan. a beer cap eh! are you suggesting i have many beer caps just lying around?!

yes, yes i do :\
Old 05-30-2005, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

Just received my bearing for my diff should I just go and replace them or wait for the others to go first .
Old 05-30-2005, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I just drilled through the screw with a bit just smaller then the shaft, then with a screw extractor thinger I was able to back them out by lightly tapping it into the hole i made and turning it with some pliars. The extractor i got from a tap and die set my dad has. It loks sorta like a drill bit but with backwards threads. I'll post pics if anyone wants to see what I am talking about.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sportracer
Just received my bearing for my diff should I just go and replace them or wait for the others to go first .
I would just replace them, if your luck goes anything like mine, they'll go critical mass and implode right in the middle of the main where you're having the best run of your life :|
Old 05-30-2005, 11:05 AM
Tech Adept

I have a problem with my car from my last race. I was winning the race then my car just swiched ends and cost me the race. I been having this problem all race day. What can I do to fix this?
Old 05-30-2005, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Congrats to Jarrod Scott and Alex Lopez. Way to represent guys!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.