Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I missed the FastCats opener...really wanted to go, but had a track work day scheduled for our off-road club, coupled with the fact that since the last weekend in January I've had the Takeoff race, the Canadian Indoor Champs in St. Cat's, and the March Meltdown race in Kingsville...getting one more race weekend in was goign to be pushing it.

Fastcats looks like an amazing facility and Wayne was raving about how great the track and the place in general is...

I'll be up there some time hopefully in the not-to-distant future.

Glad you're enjoying the FK05....I really do wish I had made the trip up to the race...I still have my spare set of rubber tires I bought for the Takeoff race and haven't even looked at...we only run foam down here....lol
Old 04-11-2005, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by racenut123
Has anyone tried the multidiff with the front wheels locked together but the wheels free spinning like a oneway yet?

I have a really god setup for a spool so I am going to experiment a little more.
so basically a spool on a oneway pulley?
Old 04-11-2005, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Default Prom!!!

Hey fellow Xray-ers,
I figured I would post a picture of my girlfriend and I to my fellow racers-who-race-the-coolest-car-out-there... .

On another note, I am getting sick of not being able to race this thing. Between the weather and off-road with the XB8, I haven't found time for it

-Mike

Old 04-11-2005, 07:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mike,
You never told me you were such a pimp! Hehe , anyways how do you like that xray of yours?
Johnny
Old 04-11-2005, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ah the joys of school... I could post a picture of me and my wife at my wedding, but well...no, I won't lol
Old 04-11-2005, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Johnnytc3
Mike,
You never told me you were such a pimp! Hehe , anyways how do you like that xray of yours?
Johnny
Well, for the few times I have run it, it has been better than my old car. I think most of it is because the chassis is so much narrower the car is more agile, and can switch directions so much quicker.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by John Fontaine
Ah the joys of school... I could post a picture of me and my wife at my wedding, but well...no, I won't lol
Old 04-11-2005, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just wanted to say that the balance on this car is amazing, just finished set up with my new scales from underdahill and it is perfect. The left to right weight is identical. Car is about 50 gms short of 1525 gms for rubber tires. Thats with a GT7, syn novak reciever,i-Tech 925 servo, and the transponder all mounted on the left side with a C2 motor. I was impressed.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by polesitter61
I just wanted to say that the balance on this car is amazing, just finished set up with my new scales from underdahill and it is perfect. The left to right weight is identical. Car is about 50 gms short of 1525 gms for rubber tires. Thats with a GT7, syn novak reciever,i-Tech 925 servo, and the transponder all mounted on the left side with a C2 motor. I was impressed.
Where did you get those scales? ...I got the Hudy Balance points but that doesn't help my front to back balance ...it's still kewl to see though:

Old 04-12-2005, 04:00 AM
Tech Adept

Hi ppl i just finished assembling my T1fk05, I have a problem with the frotn belt, it seems to hit the servo saver post when i turn to full lock. After a bit of runing in it has gotten better but still hits it and bounces the belt around, any ideas? I am inding the car is quite loud, in the process of building i re lubed the carbide balls in the diffs, but not the thrust bearings. Is this normal?

Any help would be great
Old 04-12-2005, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

dude
take the diff completley appart
relube black grease in the thrust,silicon grease diff, you will have many happy hours of racing with out looking at it

make sure you put the whole diff right way round in the bulkhead ,(you have a short & long side
Old 04-12-2005, 06:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by aantonis
Do you think it is rubbing against the horn?

I do have a worn out rear belt but I think it is coming from the belt rubbing against the pinion.

Any ideas people?
In order to have enough clearance and get the linkage straight I had to mount my KO 2143 with the posts on top of the servo tabs and then grind off the tab on the servo horn with a dremel. According to the factory drivers they had to do the same thing although they are using the newer KO.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by HarshGuy
Where did you get those scales? ...I got the Hudy Balance points but that doesn't help my front to back balance ...it's still kewl to see though:
Another great way (albeit overkill) is to use 4 small postal scales (one on each wheel) to check balance. They can be purchased from any office supply store and offer the greatest degree of accuracy.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Go to a local store for home "stuff" and look for small food scales. I picked up four digital ones from Bed Bath & Beyond for $19.99 apiece.

I used to test my four point balance by using the Hudy balance points under two home-made dimples that I put in the exact front/rear center of the bottom of the chassis. Then I made another dimple in between the two, with a balance point underneath, with either end of the car hanging off the setup board and a small screwdriver point in the pre-made balance hole on each end of the car to see how far off the left/right balance was at each end of the car. (had to go back to my grade school geometry class to measure the intersecting point and checked my measurements 3 times to make sure). Cryptic writing, but not much time to put this post in at work now...
Old 04-12-2005, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Go to the For Sale/Trade section and search underdahill, he sells some really nice ones for $80 which includes USPS Priority shipping. They are backlit LCD screens, stainless steel pads, and measure to the tenth of a gram accuracy. That's the one's I have and I'm very happy with them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.