Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Need tip for first onroad car >

Need tip for first onroad car

Need tip for first onroad car

Old 04-12-2012, 03:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Xray T2 or T3 looks fine if I could get something used!
Old 04-12-2012, 04:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Any version of the t2 is a great starter car and still competitive if you decide to race. The cyclone is a good car also, not as durable as the above stated xray t2's though. I would definetly go with modern electronics lipo, brushless.
Don't be afraid to get that stuff seperate either used or new from one of the chineese sites. Most TC's will come as rollers and you will also get a better deal that way. maybe a 17.5 or 13.5 brushless, it will be more than fast enough. The Tamiya's mentioned are good cars also. The biggest thing will be to get the car driveable (setup) and that is where having a car like someone you know or race with helps so you can get tips. Your first TC does not have to be a new version chassis you will not be any faster or have any more fun until you get good at driving and setting it up.
GL
Old 04-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Tech Initiate

I have a Tamiya TA05 MS TRF with yeah racing servo and Hobbywing EZRun 8,5T combo on hand. Is that a good car? It is now set up for drifting, but the seller says it is easy to set up for touring/speed.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey
I think the ms is a great touring car, even though it is a old car you can still get parts for it. Im still running the TRF415 it just has a modded battery strap for lipo.
Go back to the kit setup and try it on the track.