R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-08-2012, 01:19 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
Questions?? Velineon Vxl-3s

I bought my first rc car 2 days ago and I am already having trouble with it I bought a traxxas slash ultimate and had the shop upgrade the pinion after the first day. I also am using a lipo 4000 20c. On the second day about 30 minutes of run time after the gear upgrade my car started smoking and would move but would still turn. I unplugged it and let it cool down now when I plug it in it smokes from the electronic speed control unit. What would cause this? Is it covered under waranty on a two day old car?

P.S. it was a little wet outside but the unit says its waterproof and I was using the stock battery in the correct mode at the time as well.
Riggemriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had that happen before! It was caused by major binding in my drive train! Check to see if u you have any binding by removing the pinion gear and spinning the wheels w/ your hand. Also, running for that long can gradually heat your esc! Traxxas sells a clip on fan that will help with temps! I don't think traxxas will cover that under warranty, but its worth a shot.
RC Passion is offline   Reply With Quote