Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Bodyshell Handling Characteristics....

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone have any of the newer bodies to add to the thread?
I'm in the middle of painting up an LTC2.0

Hopefully I'll shortly have a Bitty MC410 and an IS200 as well.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:35 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hannhann00
Hi has anyone tried the Protoform PFM-10 and would this be legal in most normal level TC races, or only for classes like USGT? How would it compare handling wise to some of the mentioned shells?
I run this body in USGT. It has a ton of steering, Mid corner and exit, however it does struggle a bit if you have a long straight away

For a tight track it would be perfect.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Anyone have any of the newer bodies to add to the thread?
I'm in the middle of painting up an LTC2.0

Hopefully I'll shortly have a Bitty MC410 and an IS200 as well.
I'm running the IS200 regularly now. It's very similar to the LTCR (not surprising as it looks like they started out by pouring plaster into an LTCR!). Maybe a bit more steering, and a bit more stability. So overall a really good shell. And pre-cut is a great invention.

Haven't heard much good about the LTCR2 I'm afraid.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by daleburr
I'm running the IS200 regularly now. It's very similar to the LTCR (not surprising as it looks like they started out by pouring plaster into an LTCR!). Maybe a bit more steering, and a bit more stability. So overall a really good shell. And pre-cut is a great invention.

Haven't heard much good about the LTCR2 I'm afraid.
Was that carpet or asphalt pre cut, and how far forward does it mount, compared to having the front wheels dead central in their arches?
Old 05-05-2017, 09:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

The more I run the LTC 2.0 the more I like it. At first when I just put it on using the same setup as I did with the LTC-R I didn't really like it. Felt it didn't turn in that well, but did have a lot more rear grip then the LTC-R. After a bit of tuning however the 2.0 turns in nicely (but still not quite as aggressive as the original), and rotates the corner much, much better. The track I race on is on the smaller side and grip can very from low, to very high, CRC grey carpet track.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

so far i ran the bittydesign Nardo on asphalt and the M15 on carpet and they are by far better than LTC and the Mazda's. I just finished the Bittydesign M410 to try out in the next few weekends.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Was that carpet or asphalt pre cut, and how far forward does it mount, compared to having the front wheels dead central in their arches?
Mine wasn't actually pre-cut, as it was on the shelf for ages before I got round to cutting it. It's flush with the old Xray bumper, which I think is about where the Carpet pre-cut comes. That's how I run the LTCR at Bedworth as well, as I like a stable car there.

Luke has the asphalt pre-cut, which is flush with the new Xray bumper, so maybe 5mm further forwards. So more how I'd run it at WLRC/Cotswolds.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

IS200 and LTC2.0 at Aldershot (13.5 boosted)
IS200 was a borrowed body, a few mm forward with the wing mounted waaayyy back.
In the morning first round of quali my new LTC2.0 had good steering, but the reduced traction meant the back was a little unpredictable on power out of the tighter corners.

By round 2 the tracks grip had come up slightly and I put the borrowed IS200 on and went 1.5 laps faster.
I kept that on until the last final when I went back to my LTC2.0
By this time there was easily enough grip to use it and lap times were comparable (couple of tenths slower, but so was everyone else, so LTC2.0 performed about the same as the IS200)
Old 05-09-2017, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

IS200 and LTC2.0 at Aldershot (13.5 boosted)
IS200 was a borrowed body, a few mm forward with the wing mounted waaayyy back.
In the morning first round of quali my new LTC2.0 had good steering, but the reduced traction meant the back was a little unpredictable on power out of the tighter corners.

By round 2 the tracks grip had come up slightly and I put the borrowed IS200 on and went 1.5 laps faster.
I kept that on until the last final when I went back to my LTC2.0
By this time there was easily enough grip to use it and lap times were comparable (couple of tenths slower, but so was everyone else, so LTC2.0 performed about the same as the IS200)
i picked up a few tenths going from the ltc 2.0 to the bitty Nardo, i got the M410 to try it out this weekend
Old 05-09-2017, 06:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

On an open asphalt track I am finding the M410 very very stable, but you lose a bit of top end compared to the MC10 body shell. MC10 works well if grip is a bit higher and is very neutral. M15 didn't really work, probably best suited to carpet.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by nexxus
On an open asphalt track I am finding the M410 very very stable, but you lose a bit of top end compared to the MC10 body shell. MC10 works well if grip is a bit higher and is very neutral. M15 didn't really work, probably best suited to carpet.
m15 is great on carpet
Old 05-15-2017, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Now have run the Pre cut Montech IS200, LTC2.0 and Bitty M410.

Running the LTC2.0 last weekend I found the rear a little unstable coming out of corners, but a change to a borrowed IS200 (with std rear wing mounted waaayyy back) felt immediately better.

This weekend I ran all the bodies in subsequent quali rounds at my local track.
Track was dustier than expected so grip, and laptimes were down on the usual.
THe M410 came out on top as it had the steering of the other but was very stable at the rear (except when gusts of wind upset it).
The IS200 was next as the back just wasn't quite as planted as the M410.
The LTC2.0 just felt even more unstable.
It should be noted that the lap times etc were very similar and the track temp steadily rose throughout the day.

I want to test the same bodies again, but in a different order and also test different wings and positions.
Lonestar, Marcos.J and LonnyJ1950 like this.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Having tested a few bodies recently too, my findings were similar to yours. LTC-R turned in strong, but felt unstable in the rear. LTC 2.0 was more stable in the rear, but did not turn in as well. Bitty M410 was the best all rounder, similar turn in to LTC-R, but with good stability. Lap times back this up, with it being consistently faster, with marginally quicker race time.
This was done in 21.5, using same setup and same tyres.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:28 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Now have run the Pre cut Montech IS200, LTC2.0 and Bitty M410.

Running the LTC2.0 last weekend I found the rear a little unstable coming out of corners, but a change to a borrowed IS200 (with std rear wing mounted waaayyy back) felt immediately better.

This weekend I ran all the bodies in subsequent quali rounds at my local track.
Track was dustier than expected so grip, and laptimes were down on the usual.
THe M410 came out on top as it had the steering of the other but was very stable at the rear (except when gusts of wind upset it).
The IS200 was next as the back just wasn't quite as planted as the M410.
The LTC2.0 just felt even more unstable.
It should be noted that the lap times etc were very similar and the track temp steadily rose throughout the day.

I want to test the same bodies again, but in a different order and also test different wings and positions.
How far did you mount the M410 forward?
Old 05-17-2017, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bar
How far did you mount the M410 forward?
5mm as that's how far forward Bitty said their pre cut version would be.

LTC2.0 was 4mm forward.
IS200 was asphalt pre cut
Marcos.J likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.