R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree9Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-25-2015, 11:41 AM   #61
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,745
Default

After trying the Nazda2, Nazda3 and Speed6 on the ETS carpet last night on a very tight track (for our club anyway) the Nazda3 was quickest (Could well have gone with an LTC-R but didn't have one with me)

The Speed6 was only a tenth slower, but didn't turn in hard enough on the 180 corners.
The Nazda 2 felt similar to thee Speed6. Need to try them back to back outdoors as well.
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 03:28 PM   #62
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: thomasville,nc
Posts: 518
Send a message via Yahoo to nomaak
Default

Any findings on the McAllister's Lexus body? I got one REAL cheap at my local hobby shop
nomaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 03:58 PM   #63
Tech Elite
 
LOW ET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: cleveland, ohio
Posts: 2,852
Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default

what tape do you guys use to hold the wing end plates on?
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:25 PM   #64
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
what tape do you guys use to hold the wing end plates on?
3M body trim tape (for real cars)
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:34 PM   #65
Tech Elite
 
LOW ET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: cleveland, ohio
Posts: 2,852
Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
3M body trim tape (for real cars)
thanks
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 04:40 PM   #66
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 68
Default Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
After trying the Nazda2, Nazda3 and Speed6 on the ETS carpet last night on a very tight track (for our club anyway) the Nazda3 was quickest (Could well have gone with an LTC-R but didn't have one with me)

The Speed6 was only a tenth slower, but didn't turn in hard enough on the 180 corners.
The Nazda 2 felt similar to thee Speed6. Need to try them back to back outdoors as well.
Dear Damian

I am very curious as to the quality of the Montech shells. Whilst I love the Protoform shapes, they are very prone to splitting and so forth. I like the quality of the Titan/Blitz shells (don't split easily - even the light ones)- but they just don't handle like a Speed 6.

Muchos gracios in advance

Lohan
Loheswaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 02:37 AM   #67
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loheswaran View Post
Dear Damian

I am very curious as to the quality of the Montech shells. Whilst I love the Protoform shapes, they are very prone to splitting and so forth. I like the quality of the Titan/Blitz shells (don't split easily - even the light ones)- but they just don't handle like a Speed 6.

Muchos gracios in advance

Lohan
I've found them to be comparable to PF, certainly no stronger.
I quite often use a NAzda 2 instead of a Speed6, just make sure you use a stiff wing
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 05:43 AM   #68
Tech Fanatic
 
Salkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 882
Default

In mod (indoor/outdoor) we use Speed6 LW, LTC-R LW or Montech 2.0. Mostly LTC-R.

Some new bodies come, some go, but these three seems to be the "constant" in our use of bodies.

It is our experience, that the Montech shells are a lot more durable than the Protoforms. The Montech 2.0 seems thicker than the Protoform LW bodies, though.

The Protoform LW bodies are in our use actually so "fragile" that I sometimes just wonder what the h...... happened
__________________
Yokomo BD7 2016 Black Series - MuchMore Fleta Pro / MuchMore ZX - Highest DLP650 - Sanwa M12
Salkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:08 PM   #69
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 389
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
I never use the stock wings.
I have always used the Ride Carbon 'look' wings.

So I'm actually removing the wing as part of the equation, whether or not that's a good I'll leave you all to decide

I'm looking at the Ride carbon look High Downforce wing for stock sedan racing ... Having not held one, can you describe how stiff/heavy they are? Maybe compared to PF hard wings (which I find quite hard and heavy) thanks
ChadBlanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 02:29 AM   #70
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadBlanton View Post
I'm looking at the Ride carbon look High Downforce wing for stock sedan racing ... Having not held one, can you describe how stiff/heavy they are? Maybe compared to PF hard wings (which I find quite hard and heavy) thanks
I can only describe them as harder than the 'kit' bodyshell wings, though not as stiff as an MR33 hard wing.
I've never used the PF hard wings so can't directly compare.
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 04:51 AM   #71
Tech Regular
 
Fredp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 348
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Rumor has it, a new Protoform LTCR version 2 will be released. Has anyone got any feedback to share?
__________________
Dean(14 years old)- Awesomatix A800X, Fantom FR-1 5.0 Motor, Fantom batteries, KO Propo
Dean(14 years old)- Roche P12-2017, Fantom FR-1 4.5 Motor, Fantom batteries, Team Powers Radon Pro 1s
Evan(8 years old)- VBC Wildfire D06 Dynamics, Hobbywing Extreme Stock, XERUN V10 21.5, Fantom batteries, KO Propo
Fredp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:03 AM   #72
Tech Elite
 
LOW ET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: cleveland, ohio
Posts: 2,852
Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredp1 View Post
Rumor has it, a new Protoform LTCR version 2 will be released. Has anyone got any feedback to share?
LTC-R 2.0?
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 01:37 PM   #73
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: NSW
Posts: 32
Default Bodies

Hey all just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as where to order bodies from im chasing 2 LTC-R and 2 Speed 6 bodies im in Australia but where ever the best and cheapest place to order from let me know.

Cheers Nathan.
Nay Nay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 04:07 PM   #74
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay Nay View Post
Hey all just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as where to order bodies from im chasing 2 LTC-R and 2 Speed 6 bodies im in Australia but where ever the best and cheapest place to order from let me know.

Cheers Nathan.
Not sure about shipping outside of Europe, but quite a few in the UK order from Marc Rheinard's brother;
http://www.fast-webshop.com/tonispor...otoform-Bodies
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:31 PM   #75
Tech Regular
 
Fredp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 348
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay Nay View Post
Hey all just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as where to order bodies from im chasing 2 LTC-R and 2 Speed 6 bodies im in Australia but where ever the best and cheapest place to order from let me know.

Cheers Nathan.
http://www.speedyrc.com.au/ has what you need
In Sydney, try http://www.nbhc.com.au/ or http://www.walterrchobby.com.au/
Suggest you get a few bodies to offset the cost of shipping
Fred
Fredp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xray XB9 rfleck Nitro Off-Road 5476 11-07-2016 04:38 AM
RC equipments for Sale ijnek Malaysian R/C Racers 22836 09-09-2009 02:50 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:18 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net