Search
Like Tree9Likes

Bodyshell Handling Characteristics....

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 08:45 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by B00t13g
I really like my stc-6, little more aggressive than the speed 6. gx was a complete flop for me.
Good to hear that your findings are similar to mine. I liked the gx for its balance and grip, but was edgy. The rear was really planted but when it did break away, it was pretty sudden.
One thing that will take some getting used to with the stc6 comparedito the gx is the shape/size difference. The gx was so wide and blocky with long sharp shoulders. They made it easy to see the car. The stc6 looks tiny with the short shoulders and low roof edges.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Can anyone comment on the Blitz body options? If anyone has compared them directly to any of the PF bodies, I'd love to hear about it.

-Mike
Old 12-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

I would rate the S5 and TSX as "steering" shells but with decent stability still, I liked them both in all conditions and would rank them quite similar to an LTC-R.

The XFR was quite a lot more understeery, I didn't really like it.

The new GSF is supposed to be an all-conditions shell, I believe it has slightly less steering than the TSX. Haven't run it personally.

One thing I have found with the Blitz shells is that the material is less prone to cracking than the Protoform.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sosidge
I would rate the S5 and TSX as "steering" shells but with decent stability still, I liked them both in all conditions and would rank them quite similar to an LTC-R.

The XFR was quite a lot more understeery, I didn't really like it.

The new GSF is supposed to be an all-conditions shell, I believe it has slightly less steering than the TSX. Haven't run it personally.

One thing I have found with the Blitz shells is that the material is less prone to cracking than the Protoform.
Was suface(s) did you test on?

-Mike
Old 12-01-2014, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Carpet and Asphalt, but never very high grip.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Can anyone comment on the Blitz body options? If anyone has compared them directly to any of the PF bodies, I'd love to hear about it.

-Mike
TSX and GSF are comparable to the LTC-R but the GSF is more nimble to me and works well, by far my most favorite. Sill testing with the TSX but it feels good too. Since they are now roar approved I will be using them permanently. Plus cant beat the price. Two by four barrier track get the .07 lightweight. But if you don't hit anything and you have a burmed track get the .05 lightweight.
You also can check out the Blitz body thread for more info on handling characteristics and charts.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:13 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks. I didn't realize there was a blitz thread.

Found it:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ighlight=blitz

-Mike
Old 12-09-2014, 09:36 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Can anyone comment on bittydesign nardo and striker 3.0?
Old 12-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DBM
Just ran the Nardo at the ETS in Czech on carpet and liked the extra steering it gave over the PF Speed6, it was a little more lively at the rear but once the grip had come up even more it felt great.

From my post in thsi thread in March, was on asphalt;
Bittydesign Nardo
This body felt very similar to the Nazda 3, perhaps slightly less aggressive than the LTC-R but was certainly quite stable.
Need to try it back to back with the LTC-R for a direct comparison.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Nardo stock wing is very flexible and didn't work for me. With a high downforce wing the body was quite good but the body is wide and slower in a straight line compared with LTC-R Speed 6.

Works well in MOD but I wouldn't use it in the slower classes.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DamianW
Nardo stock wing is very flexible and didn't work for me. With a high downforce wing the body was quite good but the body is wide and slower in a straight line compared with LTC-R Speed 6.

Works well in MOD but I wouldn't use it in the slower classes.
I never use the stock wings.
I have always used the Ride Carbon 'look' wings.

So I'm actually removing the wing as part of the equation, whether or not that's a good I'll leave you all to decide
Old 12-09-2014, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I use the stock wings and have a few regular weight wings as well as high down force.

Most of the time I use the high down force wing but they can be a tuning tool.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DBM
These are 2 bodies indicated for high or very high surface grip, Narḍ you can use it also on carpet, the Striker-SR 3.0 it is suggested on tarmac.
To help our customers to understand easily how our TC 190mm bodies works we created a very simply image:

as you can see above, the Striker-SR 3.0 model is our most aggressive body of the whole line, he generate the highest downforce respect the other models, when the grip is high on tarmac this is our fastest body, expecially on high speed layout track. As shown in the Track Guide image we suggest to use our "Ultra Charge" hard wing (1mm thick) with this body.

The Narḍ body is very fast body that need high grip because also this model generate an high level of downforce and his use is the fastest way you have to solve understeering issue. In this case we suggest to mount our "Charge" hard wing (1mm thick) to maximize his overall balance. This body has been designed in the tyres area to allow to the driver a very large placement range (forward or backward respect the central line) that change a lot the driving feeling without affecting the appearance of the wheel guards.

All our TC bodies are made with light weight Lexan so the rear wings comes thin. In the Modified class the use of our hard wings is always suggested to improve the rear stability, but in the Stock class this is not obligatory always at 100%, example our recent M15 body if you use it on carpet the light std wing could be the right choice to have better fluency in the turns.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Every car manufacturer should have a list as easy as this! Well done. Great for me as I am getting back into E touring cars.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:10 AM
Tech Elite

Time to add another couple of bodyshells, the Montech Nazda 2 and Protoform Dodge Dart

I first used the Dart at the German round of the ETS on high bite carpet.
It felt nice to drive, although most of us were struggling a little with turn in (open Mod)
At my local carpet track (same carpet as ETS) it felt nice to drive, but laps were slightly down on the PF Speed6
Need to try it back to back with other bodies outdoors.

I finally tried the Montech Nazda 2 recently. Outdoors at my local track it felt similar to the PF Speed6. Although it definitely felt safer than the LTC-R and Nazda3 due to it's less aggressive steering it did allow me to push as hard as I wanted and it allowed me to attack other cars into apex's etc without fear of losing control.
On high bite Carpet it felt a bit more loose than my PF Speed6.
Will try it again tonight against the Speed6 once grip has come up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.