Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Bodyshell Handling Characteristics....

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 06:33 AM
Tech Regular

Have you ever tried the MooreSpeed 09X? I really like this shell I find it planted and has good low speed and high speed turning.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Has anyone tried the Montech Evo and have anything to say on it?
Old 11-26-2014, 03:10 AM
Tech Elite

Thought I'd post as I finally remembered to try the PF Mazda GX on low/medium grip carpet a few weeks ago.
Felt horrible to drive. I found myself trying harder to get the lap times back but that just just showed up it's instability for me in tight corners.

Too date, my top two body's are the PF Speed6 for carpet and Montech Nazda 3 for asphalt.
These are when running open Mod and 13.5 boosted. I don't run 17.5
Old 11-26-2014, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Thought I'd post as I finally remembered to try the PF Mazda GX on low/medium grip carpet a few weeks ago.
Felt horrible to drive. I found myself trying harder to get the lap times back but that just just showed up it's instability for me in tight corners.

Too date, my top two body's are the PF Speed6 for carpet and Montech Nazda 3 for asphalt.
Interesting observation on the PF Mazda GX, as my experience on carpet was the exact opposite under similar testing conditions (medium grip, XRay T4, 6.0 mod motor). I found the GX to have the best balance and stability of all the bodies I tried on either asphalt or carpet.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:54 AM
reg
Tech Adept

Hi Damian,
Was the carpet track at hinkley?
Old 11-26-2014, 09:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by oeoeo327
Interesting observation on the PF Mazda GX, as my experience on carpet was the exact opposite under similar testing conditions (medium grip, XRay T4, 6.0 mod motor). I found the GX to have the best balance and stability of all the bodies I tried on either asphalt or carpet.
I have also found that the GX was great in low the medium grip conditions. Plenty of grip and steering and didn't have that "floating" feeling on a new layout with no groove that other bodies tend to have in those same conditions. Anything higher the medium grip though and it was back to the Mazda 6 for me.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by reg
Hi Damian,
Was the carpet track at hinkley?
No, Newbury
Old 11-26-2014, 02:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Some of the most common questions we get asked is "how does Body X compare to Body Y" and "Where does this new body fit in, handling wise?"

We've come up with an all-new, easy to follow solution: The Body Handling Spectrum. Here's the one for 190mm Touring to help you nail down the perfect Race Body choice for your track conditions.

High-res .pdf versions for all popular on-road classes are available for download at our website: racepf.com/track-guide
Attached Thumbnails Bodyshell Handling Characteristics....-bodyhandlingspectrum-190.jpg  

Last edited by EricPF; 11-26-2014 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricPF
Some of the most common questions we get asked is "how does Body X compare to Body Y" and "Where does this new body fit in, handling wise?"

We've come up with an all-new, easy to follow solution: The Body Handling Spectrum. Here's the one for 190mm Touring to help you nail down the perfect Race Body choice for your track conditions.

High-res .pdf versions for all popular on-road classes are available for download at our website: racepf.com/track-guide
Very interesting chart, Thanks for posting! Now I know this chart is coming from the source, but I've always found the Speed6 to be slower down a straight than the other PF bodies, yet the chart shows its the lowest down force of the bodies. Does it create more drag than the others? This is for when I race on a massive outdoor asphalt track (Leisure Hours, Joliet, IL) in 17.5, so straightline speed matters for a couple tenths.
Old 11-27-2014, 02:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EricPF

Brilliant chart. Explains why the LTC-R is king on asphalt; maximum grip and steering! Can you create a shell even further up the downforce/steering spectrum please?
Old 11-27-2014, 03:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

I might be on the wrong track, but I thought the Mazda6 GX was a more "agressive" body than the Mazdaspeed 6. In our opinion the Mazdaspeed6 is easier, more neutral, and hence provides a more stable platform (more stability) than the more "agressive" GX. So I would rate the Mazdaspeed6 as a more stable body than the GX, and I also think the GX has more steering, due to the higher downforce, than the Mazdaspeed6.

Maybe I'm reading the chart in the wrong way?
Old 11-27-2014, 03:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the Montech Evo and have anything to say on it?
i haven't yet, but in my club it had been tested and it's a bit more aggressive than the ltcr. We run in a mid grip open asphalt track.

My last body test bring that montech nazda 3.0 it's a mid option between mazda speed 6 and ltcr. it was a bit more aggressive than mazda and more stable than ltcr. in my track was 0.1 sec quicker per lap than both of them. It was interesting testing day as I was reaching same lap times with ltcr and mazda speed 6, but mazda was quicker in the right side of the track, and ltcr in the left one. Nazda was the perfect mix of both.

So for asphalt I am moving to nazda 3.0 as basic body, maybe I will try the new pf dart because i really like pf bodies

regards
Old 11-27-2014, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jimjav
i haven't yet, but in my club it had been tested and it's a bit more aggressive than the ltcr. We run in a mid grip open asphalt track.

My last body test bring that montech nazda 3.0 it's a mid option between mazda speed 6 and ltcr. it was a bit more aggressive than mazda and more stable than ltcr. in my track was 0.1 sec quicker per lap than both of them. It was interesting testing day as I was reaching same lap times with ltcr and mazda speed 6, but mazda was quicker in the right side of the track, and ltcr in the left one. Nazda was the perfect mix of both.

So for asphalt I am moving to nazda 3.0 as basic body, maybe I will try the new pf dart because i really like pf bodies

regards
Similar findings to me.
I also want to try the Dart when it's available.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:15 PM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Finally ran my Sweep STC-6 body today. Was a very brief test after the mains at todays races, but enough to see if it had any characteristics that stood out. Compared to the GX that I ran all day, it seemed more nimble and faster to transition. Seemed to carry lots of corner speed and want quite as edgy on breakaway as the GX. I'll have to do some more runs with it to get a better idea, but so far it seems like it fits in between the GX and mazdaspeed 6. Balanced like the mazdas, less lazy than the ms6 but less edgy than the gx.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DBM
Finally ran my Sweep STC-6 body today. Was a very brief test after the mains at todays races, but enough to see if it had any characteristics that stood out. Compared to the GX that I ran all day, it seemed more nimble and faster to transition. Seemed to carry lots of corner speed and want quite as edgy on breakaway as the GX. I'll have to do some more runs with it to get a better idea, but so far it seems like it fits in between the GX and mazdaspeed 6. Balanced like the mazdas, less lazy than the ms6 but less edgy than the gx.
I really like my stc-6, little more aggressive than the speed 6. gx was a complete flop for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.