Wiki Posts
Search

[HELP] RC Drift Acceleration Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 04:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default [HELP] RC Drift Acceleration Problem

hi guys, just want to ask you about my drift car. I've notice that 1/4 of my throttle gives me 100% of speed, now i want to have that 100% in the middle of my throttle so that i can control my car in lesser speed. Because controlling lesser speed in 1/8 throttle is difficult in drifting. I've tried adjusting the exponential in my controller but it doesn't give the answer. I've been wondering whether its in the ESC, because i have an old model of ESC (LRP F1), and i recently saw a ESC that has a "punch control" in it. I thought of it whether this "punch control" thing can solve my problem, or a brushless motor? Because i'm currently using a 540 brushed motor.

Any advise guys?
Old 04-07-2012, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

It sounds like the ESC is not calibrated to your radio. The calibration process should be explained in the manual.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sosidge
It sounds like the ESC is not calibrated to your radio. The calibration process should be explained in the manual.
thanks for the reply mate... i've just done what you said, i read the manual and there's the adjustment for the acceleration... i switch it to my desired setting but still the problem remains, i guess i need a new ESC. Btw can i ask something? is the programmable ESC can control well the acceleration? I mean the gradually acceleration not a burst one, coz i'm thinking of getting one of theese.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Do you have exponential settings on your controller? If you have set exponential of throttle to -40 first then try it, subtract more to your liking of throttle feel.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kikoy
Do you have exponential settings on your controller? If you have set exponential of throttle to -40 first then try it, subtract more to your liking of throttle feel.
yeah i've tried that but no luck. guess the exponential of my radio is not good.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Adept

Make sure the engine leads are correct. Ive seen many people try to get into drifitng and have problems just to grab their car and see something is wrong with the radio. Turns out the motor was reversed so they then reversed the channel. Making it go into reverse to go forwards.