Wiki Posts
Search

yeah racing titanium screw

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)
Default yeah racing titanium screw

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has used yeah racing titanium screw set, I have the tamiya ones for my ta06 and are garbage, they strip really easily,and i am using the hudy allen wrenches, so if some one has used these screws can you please let me know how they are compared to others, as i do not feel like spending more money and end up with the same problem thanks in advance
Old 11-18-2011, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Most of the titanium screws same, steels always cheap and safe bet
Old 11-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

They are not all the same. The lunsford screw are definately top notch. www.lunsfordracing.com
Old 11-19-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

+1 on Lunsford. Have use them for the past 10 yrs and have yet to break or strip one of them.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

The Yeah Racing and 3Racing "titanium" screws are complete junk. I have had heads of their countersunk screws pop off the threaded portion with the car just sitting on the shelf and I have stripped out numerous other pan head screws because they don't properly form the hex recess. Indeed, these items are a good example of "You get what you pay for." It's a good thing they are only $20 for a few hundred screws or something like that.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RobCee
The Yeah Racing and 3Racing "titanium" screws are complete junk. I have had heads of their countersunk screws pop off the threaded portion with the car just sitting on the shelf and I have stripped out numerous other pan head screws because they don't properly form the hex recess. Indeed, these items are a good example of "You get what you pay for." It's a good thing they are only $20 for a few hundred screws or something like that.
I would have to strongly disagree. I have used 3 racing and Yeah racing screws in nearly every chassis I have used. All screws are pretty much the same, they are all the same alloy.that being said, I HAVE rounded the hex edges of a few screws(including the ball studs from lunsford).

Save yourself $40 on a set of screws and go with 3 racing or Yeah racing.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silverhkswrx
I would have to strongly disagree. I have used 3 racing and Yeah racing screws in nearly every chassis I have used. All screws are pretty much the same, they are all the same alloy.that being said, I HAVE rounded the hex edges of a few screws(including the ball studs from lunsford).

Save yourself $40 on a set of screws and go with 3 racing or Yeah racing.
Really?? What alloy do they use?
Old 11-30-2011, 02:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dpatterson26
Really?? What alloy do they use?
6AL/V4 alloy.
the digit represents the % used and the letters represent the element.

EX: 6AL= 6% Aluminum V4= 5% vanadium
there are a few alloys included like oxygen, iron etc.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah, so I had yet another one of these 3Racing titanium screws pop a head. Attached is the proof. This is number 9 or 10 from a pack and after doing a strip down of the TA05 they are in, there are at least another 3 or 4 that are going to pop eventually. I can see the stress marks in the head at the same place where this one broke. I haven't yet seen one of the button head screws break, but I certainly have stripped a few of the hexes out. These are all the M3 screws.

It cannot be seen in the photo, but looking in person I see a lot of shiny, smooth beachmarks on the broken surface which is an indication of fatigue failure. They obviously did not keep enough material in the transition area between the head and thread when they made the hex so deep.
Attached Thumbnails yeah racing titanium screw-head-popped-screw.jpg