R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-04-2005, 01:08 PM   #76
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I consider myself to be one of the older guys with all the toys always willing to lend a hand to the new guys starting out... Although EP on road is still pretty new to me I've been in this hobby a long time and I raced off road from the late 80's to the early 90's... I can't always tell you exactly why you're car is doing what it does from a chassis standpoint but I can help in other area's.... From a person who raced off road and pan cars the TC's are a whole new world.... I still stare at my trophies and wonder.... Hahaha.... But I'm enjoying On road much more than I enjoyed off road... I still have day's that I want to see how well carbon plasitic burns!!!

If you want someone to sponsor you, you better be willing to go the extra miles to promote a product and help others.... As a sponsor to a company you are basically a salesman.... Why should I buy Brand X batteries if the guy who's sponsored by them is a total butt hole... The guy running brand Z has always been nice enough to drop what he was doing to give someone a hand....
I still lurk....
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 01:26 PM   #77
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Dave G,

I also have to thank you for giving me the opportunity to get ahead in this industry. You were my first sponsor and you helped me get where I am now in a big way. Stephen and I were teammates for a while under you, and it was a big help to both of us. While I'm not nearly as recognized as Stephen (yet ), I've come a long way in 4 years as well. I made the A at the Novak this year.

But being sponsored isn't what this industry is about. Having fun is priority #1. I know from my own experience that racing competitively with some of the best drivers in the area is a very serious deal. But we all manage to have fun. If you go to a big race, and don't make the A-main, it's ok, as long as you had fun. If you didn't have fun, you made it more serious than it had to be.
USVTA Member #211
Yokomo BD7 (Mod TC), Corally Phi '07 (VTA)

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 01:27 PM   #78
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I love this sport and I love helping racers to make it as enjoyable as possible for them. I used to host several different classes for people from rebuiling shocks and trannys to techniques on driving. Some of the other experienced drivers in the area would take those nights to rebuild their own cars in the company of fellow racers. I try to promote not only by being fast on the track, but also not by being a good sportsman at all times and trying to be as approachable as possible for any questions that people may have.
Jack Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 01:47 PM   #79
Tech Initiate
Send a message via Yahoo to Jimmy Gillen

Its all about reputation at the track that sponsers look for. I may not be the fastest at the track ( alway in A Main) but i do like to help people out. If im sitting around waiting for my pack to charger and i see someone struggling I always seem to be over there by them asking them if the need help and suggesting setup tips. This is what Companies look for in sponsering drivers. it also helps to be known as a clean racer..

Anyway my sponsers are:

Team Scream Racing. www.teamscreamcellmatching.com John at team Scream has very high quality products.. His batteries are so much more at an higher level than the packs i used to run and i heard his motors rip ( havent tryied one yet planning on it)

Blandon's Graphics high quality vinyl decal pm me if u want some

Team MMR just a group of guys at planet Rc raceway who love to race.

its all about fun... good finishes and friends
Jimmy Gillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 01:59 PM   #80
Tech Elite

I have a few of their packs, sadly they are my old packs and almost beyond being practice packs... I haven't seen anyone else around here but me with them....
I still lurk....
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 02:03 PM   #81
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Nrctc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Nrctc3

My sponsors are listed in my signature.
Nrctc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 09:17 PM   #82
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
Butter, you're 100% correct! Having a supportive spouse makes this whole deal much more fun. Just as having a non-supportive spouse really sucks. I think we need to get a collection going to help Soviet buy her a ring...after all, Valentines day is coming
I'm working on that ring thing right now actually! However donations are ALWAYS accepted.

I'm ordering her F-201 as I speak too!
"You don't get hurt racing little cars..."

Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote