Originally posted by Capone_GR
Today I ordered a new ESC Novak GTX for 168.68$ including airmail to Greece.
But still searching for a charger.
(I must make my order till 8th of February as at that day my credit card ''changes month''.So everything i buy from 9th will be charged to be paid end of March. I want to devide the $$$$, you know too much to pay......)
Now, my thoughts for the chargers:
- LRP does it all, i think in a general way.
- Duratrax, about the same with some added functions and low quality of external plastics.
- APS nice, with motor dyno. I was wondering if this dyno is worth it using it (is it reliable???), or better to buy one seperate later ( motor dyno, on its own)
About the discharger, i think I will buy one seperate.
The costs of the three above for me is about the same.
OK let me explain about the APS Dyno-Charge it has a dyno but is more a motor tester, great for testing your motors to pick the best one and also to help with tuning. OK let me run through what I did yesterday.
1) Took all my motors run them through the dyno.
2) Recorded all the data i.e. RMP and AMP draw.
3) Took each motor and cleaned them thouroughly.
4) Cut the Comms and put in new brushes.
5) Used the motor break in funtion on the APS.
6) Re-Dyno'd all the motors again and recorded all the data again.
7) Tried diferent brush combos to get the most out of each motor.
8) Tried all the spring combos to get the most out of each motor.
9) Put all the motors back in there case with a little note under each with all the data i.e. with which brush spring combo gives more AMP draw for torque and which gives the best RPM.
Yes it was dawnting but worth it. Now I know which motor is best with what brush and spring Combo....Now do you know which is best??????
Now for the charger porsion of the Dyno-charge.
1) The temp prob keeps it from false peeking
2) It can charge up to 8 cells
3) It can charge at up to 8AMPs (which is more than enough)
4) It has five programs that you can set for which battery you are charging i.e. I can put it on setup 1 for my 3300 matched packs at 6Amps and a temp cutoff of 118*. Then I can change to setup for my 3600 packs....setup 3 for my 1100 race packs for my 18T..bla bla bla..You get the point.
So the charger is great too.
OOPS I forgot it also can save your motor data in the charger at 5 different saving locations.
SO Do I like this charger.
Because it is small (5"x5"X2.5")
Because it charges with the best of those available
Because it can dyno on the spot with a small little stand it comes with it.
Becasue it does it all except Discharge and Cycle which is OK Cause I can do that with my other chargers or with the Dean discharger if need be.
Hope all this helps
Sorry I slept well and am feeling long winded today...LOL