acer racing looks good
Old 01-28-2005, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I like the boca's... super smooth, no maintenance
Old 01-28-2005, 12:46 PM
J-P
Tech Regular

I always run acer racing bearings, never had a problem, the more i use them the better they get and free shipping anywere in the world at the moment if i remember right.

J-P
Old 01-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

Niftech makes some pretty good ceremic bearings, as does Boca.
-Buddy
Old 01-28-2005, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by J-P
I always run acer racing bearings, never had a problem, the more i use them the better they get and free shipping anywere in the world at the moment if i remember right.

J-P
Acer all the way. Regarless of what other say, Acer uses the highest quality ceramic balls available (some are confused on the quality rating system). They do get better with time. The seals require little to no maintenance and they are plastic so if you get into an accident, the sheild will not bend into the cage and ruin the bearing as metal cages will do. They also keep dirt and stuff out of the bearing about 100% better than any other seal. I have never had to pull a carpet fiber from my Acer Ceramics.

I feel many that have tried Acer ceramic bearings make a big mistake. When new the Acer Ceramics will not seem as free as they should so many clean them and relube them before they have been run....big mistake in my experience. These bearings need to be broken in and I recommend breaking them in as they came from the factory. After 10-20 runs, these bearings are incredible and get better with every run. 1 set will last you forever!!
Old 01-28-2005, 01:23 PM
J-P
Tech Regular

like i said they just keep getting better with use. i had a tc3 for a year and a half with acers in, and it was soooo free. now my pro4 just keeps getting better and better.

J-P
Old 01-28-2005, 04:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by koabich
I feel many that have tried Acer ceramic bearings make a big mistake. When new the Acer Ceramics will not seem as free as they should so many clean them and relube them before they have been run....big mistake in my experience. These bearings need to be broken in and I recommend breaking them in as they came from the factory. After 10-20 runs, these bearings are incredible and get better with every run. 1 set will last you forever!!
Sounds like a self-lubricating thing. Are they intentionally not polished, so some of it rubs off?
Old 01-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Check out our ceramics - They're super smooth and metal shielded, assembled with ABEC5 ceramic balls.. And they're cheaper then Acer or Boca..

We currently have kits for the TC3/TC4, and have kits for the X-RAY comin soon.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Ghuber...

is evey other ball a ceramic one. I have read that many companies cheap out and go every other one. That's why they are cheaper. Is this true?
Old 01-28-2005, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

The Bocas Iv'e had are full ceramic..........and beware, most people who sell bearings in the r/c industry are just profesional re-packagers......they get'em from the real company for next to nothing and mark'em up 800% percent.......Boca's are the real deal
Old 01-28-2005, 05:06 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Ghuber...

Originally posted by RCknight
is evey other ball a ceramic one. I have read that many companies cheap out and go every other one. That's why they are cheaper. Is this true?
EVERY ball is ceramic in ours -- top notch.. A few days ago I go an e-mail from of our team drivers who was saying how his TC4 transmission just spins and spins now...

Oh and we had our bearings designed to our specifications. We told them what we want, and they made them.. It took 2 months, but it was well worth the wait..
Old 01-28-2005, 05:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Ghuber...

Originally posted by ghuber
EVERY ball is ceramic in ours -- top notch.. A few days ago I go an e-mail from of our team drivers who was saying how his TC4 transmission just spins and spins now...

Oh and we had our bearings designed to our specifications. We told them what we want, and they made them.. It took 2 months, but it was well worth the wait..
what about YOKOMO bearing kit??????
Old 01-28-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Boca if money is no object, Acer if you want to go cheapsky. You get what you pay for.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:00 PM
Regional Moderator

I'm running Surge ceramic bearings in my BMI TC3. They worked and I didn't have to rob a bank to pay for them. I'm very happy with them.

Hey Gary... I need a set for my TC4 now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.