Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2012  LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" W/SCOTTY ERNST >

2012 LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" W/SCOTTY ERNST

2012 LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" W/SCOTTY ERNST

Old 10-11-2012, 10:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dthreatt
Sorry to disappoint you Logi...but I made that video...lol Michael hired me to do it...lol thanks for the compliments guys....I love doing this work!!
Lol, it was good. MV is a pretty cool dude living the life.. i happened to be down at Hot Rod Hobbies while visiting the in laws and pitted next to him. Remember it was when the Slash 4x4 debuted, he ran the piss out of that thing! He had like 6 trucks..

Cool dude, cute family and Vida? Really!

Now back on topic, Timezone Gran Prix November 9-10.... do it!!!!

Could use some corner marshalls....

www.timezoneracing.com
Old 10-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Tech Adept

If memory serves, last year F1 had very few restrictions regarding chassis. The biggest was the width limitation. We saw several cars with fully adjustable front ends. After last years IIC, Scotty expressed an interest in placing more limitations on the class by taking it back to it's early days with the fixed front arms and rear T-bar. If opening up this class to allow the FGX is what it's going to take to get participation up in F1, then Scotty needs to know about it.

Personally, I would be happy with the current class rules. But, in the interest of getting more participation, would be open to change. Just don't expect me to trade in my F104 for an FGX.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I think they should follow UF1 rules. A lot of race tracks are adopting that rule set. The IIC rules aren't too far off that though.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by linkless
Will the Spec GT class have the same bodies next year? I want to run it and will likely go with the RX-8 body since no one else seemed to use it...or did someone use it?
Scotty did mention only 3 or 4 bodies for spec gt next year
Old 10-12-2012, 12:07 AM
Tech Master

I would like to see amateur sedan run 21.5. That would allow some difference between ther 17.5 stock and amateur. I think the hobby needs to slow down the cars in the lower classes for beginners. The current 17.5 blinky systems are a lot faster than we were with the old brushed stock motors.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Anyone got video of the Amatuer A main? Want to see Coop get punted in the sweeper
Old 10-12-2012, 06:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dizzy1
Anyone got video of the Amatuer A main? Want to see Coop get punted in the sweeper
Lol, I got sent as well, but whoever was marshalling that corner caught and threw my car right back into the line, nice work! I would like to see the battle for the lead it sounded interesting, but couldn't watch it from mid pack, lol.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

If i had to guess spec GT took away some entries from F1 because most guys have a second touring car just sitting around. The speedo and motor handout helps put a car together that wasnt ready to run. So the body was the part that slowed some people down. I enjoyed spec GT and expect to run it again next year.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wyvern95
If opening up this class to allow the FGX is what it's going to take to get participation up in F1, then Scotty needs to know about it.
Not that I have persuasion in his decision's but we talked about the FGX car. Moral of the story, we shall see because he has time to announce the classes for next year. So you never know. Question, would a handout motor and speed control like this years Spec Grand Touring persuade you to run this class so you only had to worry about the other things?

As for amateur class, Sam's TQ run would have put him in the top 20 for 17.5 if you were to just drag and drop times from one class to another. It is an interesting thought to change motors to 21.5 but keep in mind that this years motor was different than the past years and I think that closed the gap a little bit between the two. Anyway, it is something for him to think about.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Default No 21.5

I don't think so Bruce.

Amateur is not a "Beginner" Class.
It is a class for "Privateer's" to show their shills.

It is not intended to give the beginner a class to race in at a big show.

With this years addition of GT cars there are already 2 classes with slower motors that anyone, beginner and up can compete in.

Amateur is a fantastic class to show where the next generation of drivers stands in relation to the group above them.

Like the US Amateur in golf.
it is the best non paid players.
That does not mean beginners.

And of course you would not want them to play with a larger ball or bigger clubs just because they were "Amateurs"

Just right as is!
Darrald
Old 10-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

I understand that the Amateur class at IIC is really Privateers not Beginners. However the only change required to an Amateur class car to run in 17.5 stock was to switch to a different set of the same tires. I'm just suggesting a little change in motor between the two classes so they aren't exactly the same setup.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Kraig
Question, would a handout motor and speed control like this years Spec Grand Touring persuade you to run this class so you only had to worry about the other things?
If your talking about F1...it would do quite the opposite for me. I run F1 locally because it is a cool looking car and I don't have to do any work on it...I just run it. At the IIC I will already have to worry about truing tires for WGT and possibly 1/12th scale in time to make the practice rounds...adding F1 to that doesn't really up my work load unless you throw in hand out ESC and motor.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drsfly
And of course you would not want them to play with a larger ball or bigger clubs just because they were "Amateurs"
Wouldn't a bigger ball make golf harder, maybe bigger cup?
Old 10-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HenBeav
Wouldn't a bigger ball make golf harder, maybe bigger cup?
Fast guys will still be fast. Scrubs will be scrubs.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

i think amateur is fine as it is, they had a really awesome race in the main. i think from watching that race and with almost 50 entries, scotty has the right equation there. I did not run the amateur class, and as a privateer, and after making the A main in 17.5 touring, there is no reason to slow down the amateur class. It is clearly obvious privateers are perfectly capable of running competitive regardless of the title of the class name. And just as kraig said, sam could have made the A in regular 17.5, just a little bit of bad luck, but he was fast enough. Not to mention sam has been racing for only a year

I thought the whole race was spot on, everything ran extremely smoothly, had a great time. Great job everybody!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.