Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

sounds great Bob keep up the great work
Old 10-18-2013, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

Bob getting a error when i go to change trackwith or cg from dynamics or handling pages
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Form that is not a top-level form cannot be displayed as a modal dialog box. Remove the form from any parent form before calling showDialog.
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog()
at WindowsApplication1.Main.btnCarValues_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1008 (RTMGDR.030319-1000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
System
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Old 10-19-2013, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Azeroth, thanks for reporting the bug. Your timing couldn't be better as I was about to release an update.

So I have fixed your bug and corrected an error I discovered in the Anti-Roll Bar Calculator. The ARB Calculator error affects the spring rate value returned for the "Wire Type", "Wire + Blade" and "Wire + Bar" types. So anyone who has used the calculator since the last release on 28 Sept/13 should redo the calculations as depending on the ARB geometry the calculation could be 10-30% lower than it should be.

The update is available now and will install automatically the second time you open the program.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:50 PM
Tech Addict

One of the biggest requests I've had has been for access from smart phones and tablets. Well, I'm pretty sure I've found out how to do it, it's free and I don't have to modify 30,000 lines of code.

It's called Logmein (log me in) a program that allows you to access your windows laptop or desktop from anywhere and run the apps on it. Best of all it's free for personal use. You download and install a program on you windows system and one on your smart phone or tablet.

It's seems to be a very well known and respected program used by lots of companies to allow employees access their work computers from home. I've been playing with RC3 through my iPhone for a few hours now and it works great.

Check it out and decided for yourself!

https://secure.logmein.com/products/Free/
Old 10-25-2013, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

Bob after the latest patch the dynamics page is not working
and all my personal setups are gone tried to restore from backup and it errors out

Last edited by azeroth; 10-25-2013 at 11:33 PM. Reason: added materials
Old 10-26-2013, 04:22 AM
Tech Addict

That's very strange. Something must have happened during the update as nothing to do with the Dynamics page was changed. All my versions running on three different platforms work fine.

Try using windows uninstall and after clicking uninstall/change select "Restore the application to it's previous state" in the popup window. That should restore the program to the previous version.

It will update again after you open it twice. Let me know what happens.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:53 AM
Tech Addict

Just thought of the reason it likely wasn't working. Make sure you have a value greater than zero entered in the "Lateral g" textbox on the dynamic page.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

duh greater than 0 i did not even notice i rolled it back and got the chassis files it lost and it reupdated some of the setups are gone but that is ok at least all the measuring doesn't have to be redone thank you
Old 10-27-2013, 10:21 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Is there going to be a T4 2014 update soon? with the roll centers changing, and the pivot balls being taller now, there are some key different options on Roll center setup that can be done.

The 17 hinge pin location options now are interesting and I am very interested to see how those options work in rc crew chief.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Would love to update the T4 model to the 2014 version. Send me your car Joe and I'll measure it up. Even better Xray send me a car :-) Just kidding. Shouldn't be that hard to adjust the current T4 model for the new positions. Just get yourself a pair of digital calipers and measure up the new components. The measurement worksheets are in the Chassis Manager. If you run into problems you can always email me for help.

On another subject I tried out the "Logmein" remote desktop software at our club race last night. Left my laptop plugged in at home and had full access using my iPhone. Takes a little time to get accustomed to the interface and there is panning and zooming involved but overall it worked really well. Great way to access the program using a smart phone or tablet. I certainly won't be taking my laptop to the track anymore.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Tech Addict

VBC Wildfire model is now available for download on the website.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello,

I apologize if this question has been posted. I could not wait to start playing with the program and entering parameters as a oppose to reading all these postings (But I will when I get a chance).

In the Main page under Setup, when I go to Save I get a popup that states the following

"Problem in Save Setup Routine: Object Variable or Block Variable Not Set"

I've check all parameters and they are filled in with the exception of ARB's which I don't use. So for the ARB's it's left unchecked. I've also checked popup listings; such as, camber link locations, for "0:0" values, and there are none.

This seems like a critical juncture that if it worked would allow me to move on to the "Handling" page with an analysis of the current setup. Help?
Old 12-15-2013, 01:22 PM
Tech Addict

It sounds like you have not selected all the components that assemble a car. On the main page the name of all the components that make up the currently selected car are displayed,Chassis TC4, Battery Lipo1S2P and so on. If there is no name shown then open the "Car Manager" select them from the drop down boxes and then click save.

If that isn't the problem then please provide some more details on which chassis you are working with. Or even better From the "Car Manager" export the file and email it to me so I can have a look.

Last edited by BobW; 12-15-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i know you've probably been asked quite a few times and it was mentioned over a year ago about the 12 scale addition in the future. Is this still on the table? and if so is it any closer to release?

Cheers,
Brad
Old 12-15-2013, 05:41 PM
Tech Addict

Unhappy

Originally Posted by I)arkness
i know you've probably been asked quite a few times and it was mentioned over a year ago about the 12 scale addition in the future. Is this still on the table? and if so is it any closer to release?

Cheers,
Brad
Nothing I would like to say more than yes but the reality is it's not high on the priority list for a couple reasons. First I really haven't had more than a handful of requests to include that type of suspension system. Second incorporating it involves a lot of work. If I could quit my day job and focus on RC3 full time then I would look at adding 1/12 scale, F1 and 1/10 pan. Unfortunately I'm no closer to realizing that dream than I was a year ago.

So for now it will have to sit on the back burner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.