Like Tree1Likes

Old 12-23-2014, 07:18 AM   #466
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobW View Post
First what version are you running. Click >Help>About RCCrewChief on the top tool strip and let me know what version it is.

The error is due to a problem with the model geometry. So when the program opens click the "Open Car Manager" manager and then click "Export Car File" and email the file to rwdesign@kingston.net and I will try and fix it.

The problem should just be with the one model so you should be able to select a different Car from the drop down list and all will be good.
version is 3.0.0.0.85 deleted the car file that was causing the issue..all is good thank you

insanity takes it's toll...please have exact change
bpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:56 PM   #467
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hello there, I am measuring and imputing measurements for a durango desc210 and the front a arms are a gull wing design. The rendering that shows looks a bit off from what the a arms are. I understand that the gull wing is not going to show but I still dont think that I did the measuring correctly. For the LArm I measured from hinge pin to hinge pin and then subtracted the thickness of the hinge pin. I sure this is ok but what is concerning me is the lower shock positions. I fitted a screw in the shock mounting hole and measured from the top of the screw to the ground with the a arm flat on the work bench then adjusted for the thickness of the screw. The problem is that when the a arm is mounted on the car it is not in the same orientation as it is when I measured the lower shock hole due to the gull wing design. Is how I measured this correct or do I have to measure it in a different way.

Also I was a bit confused with the LKing measurements. Am I just supposed to measure from the lower hinge pin to the upper hinge pin?

The last thing is the steering tab on my program is not working, I am not able to print a page for taking measurements and I am also not able to input any info onto the page.

Thanks for an Awesome program and the help figuring this out.

Tim
Tdub77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 07:20 AM   #468
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Since no one has posted it yet, I might as well do the honors. Amazing review for an amazing product.

http://www.thercracer.com/2014/12/rc...eview.html?m=0
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 08:23 AM   #469
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdub77 View Post
Hello there, I am measuring and imputing measurements for a durango desc210 and the front a arms are a gull wing design. The rendering that shows looks a bit off from what the a arms are. I understand that the gull wing is not going to show but I still dont think that I did the measuring correctly. For the LArm I measured from hinge pin to hinge pin and then subtracted the thickness of the hinge pin. I sure this is ok but what is concerning me is the lower shock positions. I fitted a screw in the shock mounting hole and measured from the top of the screw to the ground with the a arm flat on the work bench then adjusted for the thickness of the screw. The problem is that when the a arm is mounted on the car it is not in the same orientation as it is when I measured the lower shock hole due to the gull wing design. Is how I measured this correct or do I have to measure it in a different way.
Sounds like you are measuring correctly. Using that method you need to subtract 1/2 the screw diameter plus 1/2 of the thickness of the arm at the hinge pin locations. The value you enter for Y1 an Yn will be negative so the lower shock holes will be shown below the line that connects the inner and outer hinge pins.

Quote:
Also I was a bit confused with the LKing measurements. Am I just supposed to measure from the lower hinge pin to the upper hinge pin?
You always measure between the suspension pivot points. So for the LKing the measurement will be between mid point of the lower hinge pin caster block and the upper ball stud.

Quote:
The last thing is the steering tab on my program is not working, I am not able to print a page for taking measurements and I am also not able to input any info onto the page.

Thanks for an Awesome program and the help figuring this out.

Tim
The steering module is not enabled yet. It is currently in testing on the Team Version and will be released in a week or so.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:31 PM   #470
Tech Addict

Just uploaded another batch of Models to the website for you Offroad guys.

AE B5M
AE B44.3
AE B44.3 with 88gm weight
Losi TLR22 2.0
Losi TLR22-4
Mugen MBX7R eco

Also for those who don't know RC Crew Chief Version 4 was released a the beginning of January. Lots of improvements and new features. Watch the Youtube video to get a quick summary.

RC Crew Chief V4 New Features
Old 02-06-2015, 03:31 PM   #471
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:

AE B5M
AE B44.3
Losi TLR22 2.0
Losi TLR22-4
Mugen MBX7R eco

Also for those who don't know RC Crew Chief Version 4 was released a the beginning of January. Lots of improvements and new features. Watch the Youtube video to get a quick summary.

Have to say the steering geometry setup has been really interesting to play with... and confirmed a few thoughts I was having on other cars, which is nice!

Keep up the good work Bob...should have some more models for you soon

Ed
Old 02-07-2015, 01:26 PM   #472
Tech Addict

Thanks for the encouragement and look forward to the new models Ed. Really appreciate your contributions so far. Hoping to get my hands on a 419 shortly.
Old 02-08-2015, 04:17 PM   #473
Tech Master

Quote:

AE B5M
AE B44.3
Losi TLR22 2.0
Losi TLR22-4
Mugen MBX7R eco

I'm looking forward to the new updated program.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:35 PM   #474
Tech Regular

I did a search of this thread (the help function acrobat file for the software on my windoze computer won't load). How is the droop being measured. Between the ground and what? For a Touring Car model.

So, I'm borrowing a windoze computer to run the trial software. Where would one find the installed software ( I'm a Macintosh programmer)? I know C: is the hard disk, but under program files I can't find it. Also, where would the help files be located so I can try to open them on another computer or with some other software besides Adobe? I'd like to find the software application so I can click on it to run it like in a Macintosh, rather than using the goofy windoze button/menu.

Last edited by ic-racer; 02-17-2015 at 06:46 PM.
ic-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:37 PM   #475
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
I did a search of this thread (the help function acrobat file for the software on my windoze computer won't load). How is the droop being measured. Between the ground and what? For a Touring Car model.
I'm 99% sure it's meant to represent "above ride height".
erchn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:50 PM   #476
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by erchn View Post
I'm 99% sure it's meant to represent "above ride height".
Thanks for your reply. Ok, so if the chassis measures on the ride-height gage at 5mm with the wheels on the ground and I lift it on the 8mm step and the tires just come off the ground would I be at 8mm or 3mm on the software model?
Old 02-17-2015, 07:01 PM   #477
Tech Master

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYVcEPO3FME

Watch at 0:35 second mark.

ride height (-) up-travel measurement = RC CREW CHIEF DROOP.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:49 PM   #478
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post

So, I'm borrowing a windoze computer to run the trial software. Where would one find the installed software ( I'm a Macintosh programmer)? I know C: is the hard disk, but under program files I can't find it. Also, where would the help files be located so I can try to open them on another computer or with some other software besides Adobe? I'd like to find the software application so I can click on it to run it like in a Macintosh, rather than using the goofy windoze button/menu.
It is measured as uptravel from ride height. So with your car on a flat surface lift the rear shock tower up and slide the ride height gauge in. If it reads 8mm and your ride height is 5.5mm then the droop is 8-5.5=2.5mm.

Not sure why the Help files are not running unless you don't have Adobe Reader installed. Also the installer should place an icon on the desktop so you shouldn't have to look for it.

If you email me I will send you all the Help files.

rwdesign@kingston.net
Old 02-17-2015, 07:57 PM   #479
Tech Regular

Thanks for help.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:09 AM   #480
Tech Regular

Now that I have watched the videos I see that the vehicle dynamics simulation is very useful in my setting of limited on-track testing. However, to get the benefit, it looks like I need the 4-corner scales.

Also, it seems that the information contained in the multitude of 'setups' available on the internet is only part of the overall package. Without knowing the 4-corner weights and CG of the car for which the setup pertains, one cannot expect equivalent performance.