R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-11-2014, 11:54 AM   #391
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello,

In the Chassis tab, are the Front and Rear Track parameters a measurement of the wheels minus the tires?

I ask because I plan on creating Setups with various tires that differ in diameter and width.
Silverexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:07 PM   #392
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverexpress View Post
Hello,

In the Chassis tab, are the Front and Rear Track parameters a measurement of the wheels minus the tires?

I ask because I plan on creating Setups with various tires that differ in diameter and width.
In the Chassis Manager the track width is measured to the outside face of the tires as this is the easiest measurement to take. In the setup tab all calculations are referenced to the centreline of the tire so changing the tire width will increase the track width value as the program assumes the wheel offset is fixed. If the wheel offset for the wider tire is different then you will need to adjust the track width value in the setup tab to account for it.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:15 PM   #393
Tech Addict

Minor Update released yesterday with a few bugs fixes and some improvements to the UI.

Uploaded 3 new models to the Library

Xray T4 2014 (thanks to Ethan Erchinger)
Schumacher CAT K1 Aero (thanks to Wes Warner)
Durango DEX408T (thanks to me)
Old 06-12-2014, 07:32 PM   #394
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks for the update
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:02 AM   #395
Tech Addict

Default Lab c02 with big bore shocks

Hey Bob, regarding the big bore shocks with the phsics software still work for such shocks so i take measurments and update the file. Thanks
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:36 PM   #396
Tech Addict

Damping physics are currently not simulated in the software. That is something planned for a future update. So just update the spring rates and shock mounting positions to match the big bore shocks and all will be good.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:44 AM   #397
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobW View Post
Damping physics are currently not simulated in the software. That is something planned for a future update. So just update the spring rates and shock mounting positions to match the big bore shocks and all will be good.
Thanks Bob , thought so but wanted to be sure

Would it be possible to convert the PDF (Capricorn Big Bore) shock rate to N/mm as i am not 100% sure regarding the conversion from KG/LB

Thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Big Bore Spring table rel 1.1.pdf (235.5 KB, 42 views)
Old 06-22-2014, 10:54 AM   #398
Tech Addict

Default Front ARB with blade style

Hey Bob,

for the front sway bar wire+blade, can you check attached and confirm what i marked is what needs to be measured.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
RC Crew Chief Software-capricorn-front-blade-diagram.jpg  
Old 06-22-2014, 02:43 PM   #399
Tech Addict

See marked up Table. Strange way to report spring rates. The values quoted are the load measured at 7mm deflection if I read this right. Spring rates are kind of high so I assume this is a 1/8 scale machine
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Big Bore Spring table rel 1.1.pdf (240.0 KB, 72 views)
Old 06-22-2014, 03:07 PM   #400
Tech Addict

Quote:
See marked up Table. Strange way to report spring rates. The values quoted are the load measured at 7mm deflection if I read this right. Spring rates are kind of high so I assume this is a 1/8 scale machine
It's the spring chart for the low profile big bore shocks on the Capricorn Lab C02 1/10. I assume that they are harder since they have less movement (shorter) and are more on the outer area of the shock tower in order to reach the arm. Thanks Bob
Old 06-22-2014, 03:13 PM   #401
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
Hey Bob,

for the front sway bar wire+blade, can you check attached and confirm what i marked is what needs to be measured.

Thanks
The "w" value should be the width of the rectangular blade section, so the width perpendicular to "t". In this case it would also be the diameter of the shaft.

The "w" value in your drawing would be L1. Although since the bar section will be torsionally very stiff you would be better to set L1 and Lblade to be the same value. It's a little complicated to explain but that is what I would recommend.

I assume that there are wires that insert into the notches in the end of the blade section so Dwire, L2 and R would be as shown in the Blade + Wire Graphic.

Hope this makes sense.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:03 PM   #402
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
It's the spring chart for the low profile big bore shocks on the Capricorn Lab C02 1/10. I assume that they are harder since they have less movement (shorter) and are more on the outer area of the shock tower in order to reach the arm. Thanks Bob
Smooth tracks, foam tires and shocks layed down so that makes sense now.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:31 PM   #403
Tech Addict

Quote:
The "w" value should be the width of the rectangular blade section, so the width perpendicular to "t". In this case it would also be the diameter of the shaft.

The "w" value in your drawing would be L1. Although since the bar section will be torsionally very stiff you would be better to set L1 and Lblade to be the same value. It's a little complicated to explain but that is what I would recommend.

I assume that there are wires that insert into the notches in the end of the blade section so Dwire, L2 and R would be as shown in the Blade + Wire Graphic.

Hope this makes sense.
Got confused, so lets start with the "t" which if i got right is the thickness of the blade part right and since i have different thickness of blades how should i go about it since you told me to measure the shaft which practically all have the same thickness as for rod ?

Now for the "w" what should i measure than the blade section?

Yes the blade i showed you is connected to the remaining parts as shown in your blade + wire. This part is removable to tune with different blade thickness.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:04 AM   #404
Tech Addict

See my crude sketch attached that defines "w" and "t".

If only the thickness "t" value changes then just create one ARB for each blade thickness.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Scan.pdf (226.8 KB, 46 views)
Old 06-29-2014, 09:44 AM   #405
Tech Addict

Quote:

Hope this makes sense.
Since you advised me to set the L1 & Lblade value the same, my question to you is : ) what measurement should i input as a baseline for the two the L1 or Lblade?