Search
Like Tree76Likes

RC Crew Chief Software

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 08:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up new features

Originally Posted by BobW
Today is a special day. It's RC Crew Chief's first birthday. I would have baked a cake with candles but hard to share that. Instead there is a new Program update with that includes new user requested features.

New Features
-Added two new ARB types to the ARB Calculator
-Added option allowing Acceleration, Braking and Cornering
g values on Handling tab to be changed. Now you can model both left
and right turns. +ve g right turn, -ve g left turn. Scaling of Push/Loose
bar graphs has been changed to accomodate the wider g range.
-Added option to change Front/Rear Track width, Wheelbase and CG position
on handling tab.
-Added Measurement Worksheets in Chassis Manager to record measurements
when creating models.

Bug Fixes
-Fixed bug in ARB and Spring Save routine.
-Fixed some errors in graphic images.

Working on a model for the TCXX and AE SC10. Should have a model for the Capricon C801 (1/8 scale on-road) shortly too.
Hey Bob thanks for the new features, left turn and cross weights will help us oval guys out
Old 01-21-2013, 09:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

has the Xray T4 been loaded yet?
Old 01-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88
has the Xray T4 been loaded yet?
No model for the T4 yet. The T3 is likely pretty close. There usually isn't a lot of difference between old and new generations. The T3 would certainly a good base to build a T4 model from.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:56 AM
Tech Addict

Default New Update

Just uploaded a new version that fixes the bug reported by bkspeedo. Thanks for reporting it. That one was a challenge to figure out.

The new version also increases the number of alternate positions available for the Inner Hinge Pin, and Inner/Outer Camber Link.

If anyone else finds a bug please report it.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:23 PM
Tech Addict

HB TCXX with Hara's 2012 World's Setup and Capricon (Collari) C801 models now available on the website.

An AE SC10 sits in pieces on my desk.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:51 PM
Tech Addict

HB TCXX with Hara's 2012 World's Setup and Capricon (Collari) C801 models now available on the website.

An AE SC10 sits in pieces on my desk.
Super news!

What about the Cap Lab C02
Old 01-27-2013, 02:34 PM
Tech Addict

DS Motorsports volunteered to create that model. He plans to get the program in a few weeks so it would be sometime after that before the Cap Lab C02 model would be available
Old 01-31-2013, 03:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
I will purchase the software in the following weeks and will make models for all of the Capricorn cars.
Hey DS any news on the Lab 02 Can i help in any ways?
Old 02-02-2013, 09:35 AM
Tech Addict

A couple of questions

1. Will we have diff and shock oil setup in the near future?

2. What are the forces in an electric & nitro 1/10 touring entering a chicane since you can customise the forces on the car through the software?

3. On the handling page where you have the meter of the push and loose. If off power entry it says that its loose, is it 100% the same on all type of asphalt terrain?

4. Toe in / out setting ?

Thanks
Old 02-02-2013, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by speed6
A couple of questions

1. Will we have diff and shock oil setup in the near future?

2. What are the forces in an electric & nitro 1/10 touring entering a chicane since you can customise the forces on the car through the software?

3. On the handling page where you have the meter of the push and loose. If off power entry it says that its loose, is it 100% the same on all type of asphalt terrain?

4. Toe in / out setting ?

Thanks
1. I am just starting looking at Shock Dynamics right now. There will be something regarding shocks in the near term.

Regarding diff types and oils. This is a verrrrrry complex subject and would required detailed tire models and lots of research. Certainly will not happen soon and currently is not even on the horizon.

2. I'm doing some track testing right now using an Eagletree V4 Datalogger and GSensor. Very early stages right now but max lateral G I've seen so far is 2.2g. I'm sure more is possible. Acceleration with a 21.5 motor .7g braking 1.2g, lots more possible here too. You have to use some judgement as you will not get max lateral combined simultaneously with max accel or braking.

3. The push/loose bar graphs are indicators showing which direction you are moving the cat balance based on weight transfer. It takes into account roll stiffnesses, CG position and Static Roll centre. It does not consider tires or racing surface.

4. Again toe-in/toe-out effects are tire dependent. If you want to record you settings enter them on the Gearing/Notes tab in the setup page.

To include tire effects would require testing for every tire compound at different loads, slip angles, camber angles and for every racing surface. Professional race teams like F1, IndyCar, ALMS have access to that data. I'm pretty sure we never will

Weight transfer and camber are key to a car that handles well. Focus on determining a front to rear car balance that suits your driving style and camber settings that maximize tire contact patch.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:27 AM
Tech Addict

All setup up with data logger, 3 RPM sensors, and X, Y and Z axis accelerometers. Off to do some track testing.
Attached Thumbnails RC Crew Chief Software-image.jpg  
Old 02-12-2013, 07:40 AM
Tech Addict

Default New Models

Uploaded some new models:

TRF417 V5
Sakura FGX with IFS
AE SC10
Durango DNX408

I will post some on road g test results shortly. Still trying to decide which RPM sensore to use. It's down to the Optical or Magnetic. The brushless motor sensor is definitely out.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:07 AM
Tech Rookie

has the Awesomatix A700EXL logger
Old 02-12-2013, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Uploaded some new models:

TRF417 V5
Sakura FGX with IFS
AE SC10
Durango DNX408

I will post some on road g test results shortly. Still trying to decide which RPM sensore to use. It's down to the Optical or Magnetic. The brushless motor sensor is definitely out.
Yeah the guys who tried this for dyno testing found the Eagletree brushless sensor to be totally useless.

I've been running a Novak Sentry in my TC for the past couple of seasons, this does work very well (I'm also now using it as part of a dyno).

Regarding G-forces in TC racing, I usually see just over 3G lateral round the sweeper at the end of the straight (with some spikes of almost 4G at the start when the tyres are hot and sticky).
Old 02-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

1. I am just starting looking at Shock Dynamics right now. There will be something regarding shocks in the near term.

Regarding diff types and oils. This is a verrrrrry complex subject and would required detailed tire models and lots of research. Certainly will not happen soon and currently is not even on the horizon.

2. I'm doing some track testing right now using an Eagletree V4 Datalogger and GSensor. Very early stages right now but max lateral G I've seen so far is 2.2g. I'm sure more is possible. Acceleration with a 21.5 motor .7g braking 1.2g, lots more possible here too. You have to use some judgement as you will not get max lateral combined simultaneously with max accel or braking.

3. The push/loose bar graphs are indicators showing which direction you are moving the cat balance based on weight transfer. It takes into account roll stiffnesses, CG position and Static Roll centre. It does not consider tires or racing surface.

4. Again toe-in/toe-out effects are tire dependent. If you want to record you settings enter them on the Gearing/Notes tab in the setup page.

To include tire effects would require testing for every tire compound at different loads, slip angles, camber angles and for every racing surface. Professional race teams like F1, IndyCar, ALMS have access to that data. I'm pretty sure we never will

Weight transfer and camber are key to a car that handles well. Focus on determining a front to rear car balance that suits your driving style and camber settings that maximize tire contact patch.
Thanks for the above, so re: point number 3 if for eg entry off power is marked as very loose and car still understeer does it mean that tires are not doing their job well?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.