R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-26-2012, 11:51 PM   #1
Tech Adept
Default Arrowmax Driveshafts

Hi there

I have recently purchased some arrowmax esc driveshafts. They came pre assbled and I was just wondering what peoples experience of these shafts were like and if I should dismantle them and rebuild them or they are ok to stick in and run?

Bony85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:55 AM   #2
Tech Initiate
Send a message via Skype™ to asalk

They are ok. I used it a couple of months in my xray t3. After a big crash middle part is broken. Unfortunately there are no spares available.
asalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #3
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I have them in a T3'11 as well. My first impression was that they were exactly like the Xray ones. Seemed to be very well put together and of great quality.

On the bench they were exactly what the doctor ordered as they reduced the wheel hop/grinding to nil.

On the track they lasted about 3 minutes of a 4 minute heat. I was pretty disappointed. I gathered up the bits and near as I can tell a pin sheered on a hard wall hit (not the first hit as I do tend to smack the wall a bit). I contacted arrowmax and was in touch with their customer service department. I sent some pics of the parts and they determined them to be faulty and sent me a new set.

When I compared the new set to the old they were exactly the same but I did find that the original ones failed cause the grub screw backed out and the pin came out, not a sheer as I thought.

I put some xray ECS pins in the old ones as they are the same dimensions and put them back on the car. Happy to report that they held up to my beating the snot out of them.

Time will tell how they hold up but so far I am impressed. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a cheaper alternative to the xray shafts as long as you rebuild them before throwing them on the car.

Order some extra pins while you are at it. They work for me.
Better than Randy, Adam said so!

Second thought...I don't trust Adams, they make up everything!

"Leave it to Steever", custom paint masks, decals, and paint.
Meradin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:36 AM   #4
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have a set of them in both the cars I own now. I rebuilt them before I put them in. The setscrews are not tight basically the way they come assembled, so at the very least I would re-tighten the setscrew, and put a small dab of blue threadlock on it. I also took them apart to put some black grease on the shafts, and I put some heatshrink over the coupler. I have had mine in for a few months now in stock and mod touring cars, and I have had zero issues with them. They have not gained slop anywhere, and still look brand new.
Mike Gee

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote