Community
Wiki Posts
Search

APS 3-in-1 Dyno Charge

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 11:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Does anyone know what the mAh range is for this charger?
Old 03-30-2005, 05:30 AM
Tech Regular

Offhand I don't, but I have seen mah as high as 4200 on my IB3600 cells at peak.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Had mine go as high as 4600 so I realy don't know what the maz is but 4600 is good enough for me....LOL
But what I think your asking is hat is the highest mah you can put in..Let me get back to you on that one.
Stephen <><
Old 04-09-2005, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

i have had mine less than 2 weeks now. all it does is blow fuses now? the 15 amp and 20 amp have blown..replaced both and it still does nothing? trips my power supply and if hooked up to a car battery it blows the 15 amp fuse? anyone else have this problem?
Old 04-10-2005, 06:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Not positive on this one, but I think the instrucions specifically say NOT to hook this charger to a battery. I would hold that back when attempting to get warranty service.
Beyond that, I have no experience with any problems other than stiff buttons.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by UCHEATULOSE
i have had mine less than 2 weeks now. all it does is blow fuses now? the 15 amp and 20 amp have blown..replaced both and it still does nothing? trips my power supply and if hooked up to a car battery it blows the 15 amp fuse? anyone else have this problem?
Since it is still under warrentee send it in. I believe SchumacherUSA is the distributor and service center for APS but I could be wrong, I am too lazy to go out to the garage and look at the instruction manuals.
Sounds like something is wrong with the charger unless you are trying to charge both your E-Maxx packs at the same time. There is a 10cell max so unless you are going creazy with the charger, send it in for repair.
I have not even heard of anyone having a problem except the buttons being hard to push. But hey they do get better as time goes on.
Hope this helps,
Stephen <><
Old 04-10-2005, 07:09 AM
Tech Addict

Yea that sounds like operator error or a defect in maufacure. Mine has never done that.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default aps 3-1 charger input requirement.

I have a converted computer psupply. output is only 11.8v.
My 3-1 works fine for all functions except charging. Just wont do it period. Always says low voltage or something to that effect.
Anybody have an adjustable ps they could lower the voltage on and let me know if it is just my unit with a prob. My pulsar works fine off the 11.8v output.

My first one had the fuse blown on delivery. I didn't want to open it for warranty void issues.
Steve @ speed tech made good immediatly.

It seems if you have a battery hooked up to it before turning on the psupply it will blow the 15a fuse. I think it does say not to do that in the instructions--- don't remember

thx,

basement not finished

fk05 almost-- well -- started to seal the chassis so almost started!
Old 04-11-2005, 03:21 PM
Tech Addict

get one of these power supplys. I have the 25 amp one and it runs two Aps chargers at the same time. http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamps/3747.html
Old 04-11-2005, 04:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Or you could go to Radio Shack and get this one. http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...ct%5Fid=22-510 I use it on two chargers. (I saw a post somewhere that its the same as the Samlex). Looks the same but not sure myself. Anyway it works great with amps to spare.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Insane
Or you could go to Radio Shack and get this one. http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...ct%5Fid=22-510 I use it on two chargers. (I saw a post somewhere that its the same as the Samlex). Looks the same but not sure myself. Anyway it works great with amps to spare.
How about this power supply? Looks so cool!

Old 04-11-2005, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

I use the APS never had a single problem with it.

And if I do... the designer of the unit is pretty regular at the local track.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

I've had mine now for about two months, and I'm quite happy with it. I run it off a Iota 30a power supply (it's butt ugly, but for only $122 with tax...), along with my LRP Pulsar charger, two Trinity battery fans, and a Novak Smart Tray. I ran the whole rig off of my Yamaha 1000is generator this weekend, plus I had three additional chargers, two soldering irons, one extra Smart Tray, plus my portable DVD player all going without a hitch. No problems with blown fuses or "low" voltage.

Yes, the buttons are a little stiff, but I figure that they'll "softer" over time. My only beef is that I wish the leads to the battery were in the front on the unit, instead of in the back, like most of the other chargers out there. Also, the leads seem a bit shorter that the other chargers that I have.

Over all, I'm happy that I got it. It has a nice, compact design. The "no-load" motor dyno, temp probe, motor stand, and "pulse" motor break-in are all a plus. I've heard a lot of guys complain about it not having a discharge mode, but most of the racers that I know are using Smart Trays, Real Time, Deans, etc. to dischage their batteries anyways. I'm too busy charging up batteries to want to use it to discharge them.

My brother likes it so much, he's been dropping hints about how much he'd love to get one as a birthday gift next month.

TC

CoBroRa/TAOB
Old 04-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

instruction in hand. only thing it says not to do is hook it up to a car battery charger. i sent it in today with my lhs. i hear there service is awesome. thats all i can ask for in a company. i have a much more charger and power supply on the way. life is good,lol.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If this charger looked just a bit more like a woman, I would make sweet love to it.

Seriously though, I've been using it cut comms and charge batteries for the last two weeks now, and it's just plain wonderful. The RPM thing is pretty useful too, if nothing else, to compare changes you make to your motors while tuning them. I wouldn't compare the numbers to anything else (except maybe other motors on your charger) though.

As for discharging, who has time to use their charger for that? It's pretty much running constantly to charge batteries or mess with motors, and would probably require a second charger to use either for discharging. I'd just as soon get an equalizing tray or two.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.