Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kawada SV-10 Sigma 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 12:03 AM
sac
Tech Regular

Look's like Kawada has got a Sigma2 limited"blue alumite version" coming out in June sometime.As well as some new carbon parts for the Sigma2 ,those should be out in May.
some of the NEW Sigma2 limited feature's are:
-toe in suspension block set (blue)
-superior hub (blue)
-New motor mount -2.5mm lower
-NEW bulkheads -2.5mm lower
-NEW battery plate for 3700's
- blues shocks
and more .....
will be shown at the Shizouka Show(Japan) in a couple of weeks.
For more info go to www.kawadamodel.co.jp or www.kawadaracing.com(U.S site info will be posted soon!)

picture of the Sigma2 limited "blue"
Attached Thumbnails Kawada SV-10 Sigma 2-kawada_sigma_2limited_bluealu-shizuoka_edition.jpg  
Old 04-29-2005, 12:43 AM
Tech Addict

Hi sac,

Mods here are running with V2 / Trinity / Reedy most of the time. Haven't know of anyone who's running a Kawada mod motor.

I've been running my Sigma 2 on 23T stock lately. Just hope that Kawada will have options for aluminium knuckles on it.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:49 AM
sac
Tech Regular

Default Kawada racing site

GT RACER
I have been busy and have not had a chance to post anything new .Still racing and hows the Sigma2 going for you ?
I have had some people ask me if i know whats going on with the new www.kawadaracing.com site .First the new site is up ,but far from finished at this time.Only the front page is up.People can still order parts and kits from them ,what will happen is the will be directed to the new www.evolutionhobbies.com site and hit "MY STORE" to order from there new online site .(more than just Kawada sold there)Evolution Hobbies is the U.S distributor for Kawada, they also sells other line's thru there online store.
When the new www.kawadaracing.com site is done it will have more info on Kawada produts as well as a easier online ordering site.
The only kits they will be stocking will be the 1/10th Sigma2 and 1/12th m300 rsx kit,as well as parts,new 27t motor and selected Kawada accessories.They will have a limited amount of parts available for older Kawada kits like the Alcyon's .
that it for now ,keep checking www.kawadaracing.com for updates coming soon!!
sac
Old 05-25-2006, 01:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation

I have been reading the threads on the SIGMA 2 and have found them interesting. I have only just bought mine and have not assembled it as yet. Prior to this I have run the RC Lab 7-6 Evo and the 7-7 GT3. RC Lab have decided to call it a day and so I was looking for a new car and decided on the SIGMA 2. I have always run 64 pitch gears. Are people saying that they are not suitable for the SIGMA 2 or that they are not suitable for large mods?
I generally run stock 27 turn, rarely 23 turn and have now changed to 19 turn for club racing. Like Bender I am based in OZ.
Rufus
Still trying to learn how to drive the messages
Old 05-28-2006, 12:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Kawada Sigma 2 outdated

Rufus,

Did you notice that you are the first post in almost a year? Anyways the only place online I know to get parts is Rotor in Singapore.

As for the car, I purchased mine used more than six months ago, it is a smooth running car but not quite as durable as my XRay cars. Also the nature of the spur gear being supported on one side lends itself to some wiggle such that I stripped a very nice $7 spur gear (64P).

For me, this is a nice car to run for fun on practice days. To compete seriously, I'm staying with the T2.

Good luck to you on your Kawada.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Tech Rookie

I had not noticed that. Just getting old and decrepit. It just goes to show how popular the Sigma 2 is. I have a modification to the spur gear adaptor not knowing what the original was like I cannot comment. All I know is that it is a modification to the original.

You mention a place in Singapore where you can get spare parts. Do you know where you can purchase spare parts for a Cross Fire Force F1 car?
Rufus
Old 04-12-2011, 01:22 AM
Tech Initiate

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ots-parts.html here ı sale some parts maybe you need.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Champion

Default Letting go of my Sigma2

I'm letting go of this shelf queen. Need funds for other projects.

Comes with original box with manual and some spares.

PM me if you are interested.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Tech Champion

Default Pics of my Sigma 2

See attached pics.

PM me if you are interested.

Attached Thumbnails Kawada SV-10 Sigma 2-sigma2-1.jpg   Kawada SV-10 Sigma 2-sigma2-2.jpg   Kawada SV-10 Sigma 2-sigma2-3.jpg   Kawada SV-10 Sigma 2-sigma2-4.jpg   Kawada SV-10 Sigma 2-sigma2-5.jpg