Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 03:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fermanracer
while your deciding to change rules for esc, why don't you lower the weight rule down to 1500 grams, not to many people use older chassis, and if they do the typically have to add tons of weight to get to 1550 grams. you based your decision on the weight because this would allow people with old chassis to be just as competitive as guys with newer chassis, how many racers you know run older chassis. do they have to add weight. just saying
did you NOT see the comments from Robk and eric whiteside yesterday?!?!?

lemme refresh your memory - Robk's comment about weight http://www.rctech.net/forum/13229783-post6843.html

ercwhtsd's comments - http://www.rctech.net/forum/13229625-post6836.html
Old 05-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

while your deciding to change rules for esc, why don't you lower the weight rule down to 1500 grams, not to many people use older chassis, and if they do the typically have to add tons of weight to get to 1550 grams. you based your decision on the weight because this would allow people with old chassis to be just as competitive as guys with newer chassis, how many racers you know run older chassis. do they have to add weight. just saying
I run a 12 year old TC3 RTR kit. I didn't know what Factory Team meant back then as I was just getting into RC Racing. Anyway, I have to add 14 7g lead squares to make the 1550g minimum weight. My TC3 is dead on the 1550 minimum. Without the lead my tc3 is 1452g.

I'm not complaining about the current rule but I can see where some would complain. Whatever happens with the rules I'd probably leave my TC3 as is at the 1550 limit since I finally have it fairly dialed in.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
did you NOT see the comments from Robk and eric whiteside yesterday?!?!?

lemme refresh your memory - Robk's comment about weight http://www.rctech.net/forum/13229783-post6843.html

ercwhtsd's comments - http://www.rctech.net/forum/13229625-post6836.html
it seems to me they based their decisions on here say and not actual facts, do you know how many people who use old tub chassis have to add weight. you would have pages upon pages of people chiming in. you should do whats good for the common good, not what you believe is right for you. just my 2 cents.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

it seems to me they based their decisions on here say and not actual facts, do you know how many people who use old tub chassis have to add weight. you would have pages upon pages of people chiming in. you should do whats good for the common good, not what you believe is right for you. just my 2 cents.
what are you talking about?? the decision to have EVERYONE add weight is for the good of EVERYONE. Personally, I have to add over 150g of weight to my chassis and I'm running a 3 year-old chassis.

ercwhtsd - is Eric Whiteside, the guy that runs "the track @ harbor hobbies" (home of the scale nationals), so I believe he's not using assumptions.

I know my track has approximately 1/4 of the drivers running older tub chassis - should I get a head count the next time i'm out? last race we had 23ish USVTA guys, and 1/4 of that puts its right around 6

personally, I'm all for the weight since it puts everyone at the SAME DISADVANTAGE, no one chassis has an advantage of not having to add weight

just give it a rest, troll - my guess is the weight this is pretty much moot

unless you can give some concrete evidence where adding weight is bad - and not your assumptions, or what's good for you and not for the whole
Old 05-02-2014, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Default rules

not trying to be negative, I love this class and I'm glad for the basic rules. but just voicing my 2 cents, seems kinda weird to have to add 100 grams of weight in my car, I understand everyone being equal and that's what makes this racing fun. how many racers actually show up with old axis 2's and 4 tecs to race vta, not many. are the people who make the rules showing up to big races and see the current trends. maybe they should. just my 2 cents
Old 05-02-2014, 04:08 PM
Tech Champion

not trying to be negative, I love this class and I'm glad for the basic rules. but just voicing my 2 cents, seems kinda weird to have to add 100 grams of weight in my car, I understand everyone being equal and that's what makes this racing fun. how many racers actually show up with old axis 2's and 4 tecs to race vta, not many. are the people who make the rules showing up to big races and see the current trends. maybe they should. just my 2 cents
I can guarantee Robk and KevinK and a few others (of the rules committees) have been around at the big races....so yes, they'd know what kind of trends are out there

its not about the axis2's or the 4-tecs..its about the TC3/TC4/Tamiya TA chassis - the ones that are were/always popular. those are the ones - not the one-off chassis

Last edited by k_bojar; 05-02-2014 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

After reading all this BS my head hurts!
Old 05-02-2014, 04:24 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Angry

Yep

I think Eric said it the best !!!
The rules are a set of guidelines . Use them how you want at your track
And do what's best for the racers in your area ..
But be prepared to use the USVTA rule set at any track that wants to follow them .
Old 05-02-2014, 04:26 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

putting weight under your electronics is generally the easiest thing to do. i put one layer of wheel weights (cheap ones) under my car in prep for Birds... and ran a tank of a body.

i think the usvta recipe is great.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Let me summarize the past several pages of dialogue:

Everyone moans and wails about weight. This will happen regardless of what the rule is.

Therefore, my prediction is that the rule will not change.

Now, what next?
Old 05-02-2014, 04:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hanulec
putting weight under your electronics is generally the easiest thing to do. i put one layer of wheel weights (cheap ones) under my car in prep for Birds... and ran a tank of a body.

i think the usvta recipe is great.
spoken like the true champion you are
Old 05-02-2014, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by howardcano

Everyone moans and wails about weight. This will happen regardless of what the rule is.

Now, what next?
how about darkside posting up the date for the Southern Nationals?? I have a roadtrip to plan
Old 05-02-2014, 04:36 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by howardcano

Now, what next?
I would like to see 10 min mains
Old 05-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wwddww34
So do you know if any of those guys running cut/reglued/modified bodies ended up in the A-Main? My guess is they spent more time doctoring up their bodies, less time getting practice laps down, and ended up in C-Main at best.
I do not know how they did.
Hopefully this is not legal or a trend.
It will ruin the class.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by k_bojar
how about darkside posting up the date for the Southern Nationals?? I have a roadtrip to plan
Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete
I would like to see 10 min mains
Now these are two very worthy topics for discussion!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.