Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I really like tekin because of their support of the military and their awesome customer service. Plus the ease of use of their esc's is great.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Old 01-03-2014, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Make sure to keep stirring so the bottom doesnt burn!!! It really doesnt matter USVTA has its rule set and so do tracks around the country. I am one how would like to see it legal as I already have one in my car(my track runs roar rules) but I have my HobbyWing Justock, Novak motor, and extra weights in my pit box if I ever go somewhere that runs USVTA. I have always believd that the racer should adjust to track rules, not the track trying to appese the racer.

I have also never liked the motor of the week argument. Yes some motors may be faster (D3.5), but if you werent already running consistant laps that were only .2-.3 slower than the fast guys, then no amount of new motor will put you on the podium.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Same here, we run roar vta and like you have everything needed to run usvta rules. Will hopefully be somewhere in the B main at the birds in a few weeks

I dont really remember motor of the week ... but I do remember battery of the week, but that was almost 10 years ago with Nimh
Old 01-03-2014, 11:49 AM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moparSRT
Dont see what the big deal is, it meets all the requirements set by usvta and costs a whole $15 more then the GTB2
Someone once told me "it's just toy cars, bring it and have fun" when I had complaints on USVTA vs ROAR rules at Boylan's Turkey Shoot race. So, with that said, I'm not sure why you'd have a concern on when or if it gets approved. Just take your car to the birds and have fun. Right? You told me that you really liked the Hobby Wing ESC and if all things are equal, what's the difference or the push for the Tekin??

By the way, I remember bringing my car to that race....and winning it too
Old 01-03-2014, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I run Tekin for all of my other esc's plus the footprint of the RS is tiny and on my new tc6.2 space is limited as I'm sure it is on other brands as the new chassis seem to keep getting narrower and narrower

Plus tuning it through my phone would be nice versus having to count the dang lights, easier for quick changes between races if need be
Old 01-03-2014, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Last edited by Brady_21x; 01-03-2014 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Double post
Old 01-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ASM
Someone once told me "it's just toy cars, bring it and have fun" when I had complaints on USVTA vs ROAR rules at Boylan's Turkey Shoot race. So, with that said, I'm not sure why you'd have a concern on when or if it gets approved. Just take your car to the birds and have fun. Right? You told me that you really liked the Hobby Wing ESC and if all things are equal, what's the difference or the push for the Tekin??

By the way, I remember bringing my car to that race....and winning it too
yep were playing with toy cars(except the few paid/sponsored racers), I really like my Justock and have run it for over a year now but would love to spend some leftovers from xmass on some new bling for my ride

Yes I plan on having a really FUN time racing in the B or C main @ the birds ... in order for U to win a lot of us have to lose

U will be kickin butt again @ minnreg on the 12th ??
Old 01-03-2014, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

Dont see what the big deal is, it meets all the requirements set by usvta and costs a whole $15 more then the GTB2
calm down, man. I realize you're trying to run a business and need to know what to stock. but there is a very extensive testing that Robk and the people do - its not just 'its tekin-spec version so it's legal'

they do a ton of parity testing, if there's an advantage, it doesn't make the cut, regardless of who makes it..

why do you think there's only a few speedos on the list and not every ROAR-legal spec/blinky mode speedo??
Old 01-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by k_bojar
calm down, man. ...

why do you think there's only a few speedos on the list and not every ROAR-legal spec/blinky mode speedo??
WOW !! did I push some buttons or what

Thats EASY !! most of the ROAR-legal spec/blinky esc's have boost/turbo settings, something that is not usvta legal
Old 01-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Tech Champion

WOW !! did I push some buttons or what

Thats EASY !! most of the ROAR-legal spec/blinky esc's have boost/turbo settings, something that is not usvta legal
nope..no button pushing here...just saw you question its legality once every couple of days for the last week or so

even after Myron made his post

plus, I've seen this all before - everyone gets all loud and think that'll influence Rob and his guys decisions..

the approvals for USVTA are probably the best around, way better then ROAR
Old 01-03-2014, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by k_bojar
nope..no button pushing here...just saw you question its legality once every couple of days for the last week or so
I asked once on 12-26-2013 which was ignored, and again today ... and looks like im not the only one with that question
Old 01-03-2014, 12:46 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

;-]
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-vta-8.jpg  
Old 01-03-2014, 12:55 PM
Tech Champion

I asked once on 12-26-2013 which was ignored, and again today ... and looks like im not the only one with that question
like I said...

I've been running this class long enough, and seen this before..one guy chimes in and everyone comes out of the woodwork trying to change something in the class (or get something approved without all the proper testing)

when its ready and tested, Rob will add it - so might as well just sit back and relax
Old 01-03-2014, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I swear half this posts on this thread are from people butthurt over "why isn't my XYZ speedo USVTA legal?"

And that sucks because it's an awesome class, and these sort of posts obscure it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.