Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Old 08-22-2013, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

The story I heard in regards to the Tekin esc is, when placed in "blinky" mode it still had timing added to it.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

There was talk on these threads earlier about how the HPI Plymouth Barracuda was supposedly discontinued.

I noticed that my local Hobbytown had about ten of them in stock yesterday and I've seen them at more than a couple online sources.

I guess the AAR 'Cuda lives...
Old 08-22-2013, 11:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The justo k was allowed as there is no timing software available and it has has enough time on the market to have a good track record of no problems. If the tekin is similar or has no user update capabilties it would be great to have them aboard
Old 08-23-2013, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Idk why people are saying the TEKIN price point is way too high. I agree it should he closer to the $100 mark, but they are not far off. If people are willing to drop in a $120 non-computer adjustable GTB2, then why is it so hard to believe they wouldn't pay the $130 price tag on RS SPEC and be able to tune brakes and dead band on a PC. I like my HW Justock because I can do this. But I was previously a Tekin guy because of quality of product and customer support. If I were getting into VTA I would go with Tekin now, and will probably replace my HW's with Tekin if/when they burn out. They are going to sell alot of these ESC's... but if they brought the price point down only $30, they could probably double their sales numbers.

Just glad to see another US company in USVTA
Old 08-23-2013, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I wouldn't say the price point of Tekin is too high, either. Especially when you compare them to the Novaks on the market. The Tekins definitely hold their value well. Owners are proud of them. Low-featured Novak GTB and GTB2s depreciate more and can be had for fairly cheap. I bought each of mine for $50 or less.

But when a manufacturer comes in to change the game with a significantly less expensive product that works well, then you're going to have people look at the prices of well-established, premium ESCs and say they're too high.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

has there been any discussion the use of 25.5 motors other than novak being able to be used ?
Old 08-23-2013, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thefnshow
has there been any discussion the use of 25.5 motors other than novak being able to be used ?
Oh No!!!! Someone is looking to throw some gas on the fire!!!!!
Old 08-23-2013, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mooby64
Oh No!!!! Someone is looking to throw some gas on the fire!!!!!
Old 08-23-2013, 11:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

just looking to get into vta and not about to read through all 337 pages..so novak strikes again i see
Old 08-23-2013, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thefnshow
just looking to get into vta and not about to read through all 337 pages..so novak strikes again i see
Simple answer is this: The more motors = motors of the week/month or whatever and more drama,

Novak just came out with a new BOSS 25.5 VTA motor and many people with the older ballistic are jumping on that because it's new and it has a vent hole! So people with the old ballistic feel cheated because they don't have a vent hole... So drama = add the option of buying the novak vented end kit to make everyone happy. This is enough drama just based on a little vent.

The new motor has been tested and it is not any faster then the older 25.5 ballistic.

BTW this is part 2 of the USVTA thread if you really have some time feel free to read part 1. LOL
Old 08-24-2013, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Im torn between liking the simplicity of the one motor rule, and wanting more choice for the motor. But when it comes down to it, even with only one motor choice... you will still have the individuals who will buy several and put them on a dyno. So you still have the problem of some being able to compete on a level that most cant. And while it isn't the "motor of the week" problem it still is a problem. I believe that only at the highest level events, and at the most prestigious clubs (or those that think they are that good) would a motor be the difference between a win and a loss. Its just like people worrying which bodies are heavier, its a mind game your playing with yourself. A game you always loose.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Within the same manufacturer, I don't think you see a variance in motor performance for brushless motors. It was definitely a thing with brushed though.
If the motor builders were willing to work closely with the USVTA guys to ensure that the performance of the motors are close I don't see a big deal to let more in.
BUT
Here is the deal though. Novak is being rewarded with being the sole approved motor because they were willing to work with USVTA early on to produce a motor specifically for the class. No one else got on board with it.

In the end I like the one motor rule. There is nothing wrong with the Ballistic motors.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DarthRacer

In the end I like the one motor rule. There is nothing wrong with the Ballistic motors.
+1
Old 08-24-2013, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by DarthRacer
Novak is being rewarded with being the sole approved motor because they were willing to work with USVTA early on to produce a motor specifically for the class. No one else got on board with it.

I understand that Novak was the only motor mfgr. that took USVTA seriously enough to make a 25.5 motor. Over the last 3 years USVTA has grown significantly and has caught the attention of several other motor makers and now they are kicking themselves for not getting in at the ground level.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default USVTA Trophy Race

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...ember-8th.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.