Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

If anybody is interested. I have VTA setupin F/S section. Speedo/motor combo, wheels/tires, body. All near new and never ran stuff.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:13 AM
Tech Rookie

I like to have a sharp looking car but lets face it.. racing shit happens.. and as long as the wheels are not weakend and only cosmetics is affected it's pretty much a non issue.. save a set of new wheels and tires for concours... a pristine body for that as well... just thinking out loud.. I'd be more worried the wheel would be weakend than any cosmetic issue...

Old 06-21-2013, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default NEW

New VTA motor!!!

http://teamnovak.com/products/images..._vta1200px.jpg
Old 06-21-2013, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://teamnovak.com/products/index....roducts_id=519
Old 06-21-2013, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Cooling vents ?? All I see is one
Old 06-21-2013, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

I like it! They did not go overboard with vent holes everywhere. The motor name matches my VTA body, Boss 302 Mustang.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Nice that they continue to support VTA, but for cooling just remove the center ring. done.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

maybe I missed something, but I thought cooling vents were not allowed in the rules? I realize that would mean we "modified" a motor, but does this allow others to create cooling vents on their motors now? Otherwise, we're looking at an option that the class was trying to prevent. Buying a new motor because it has an advantage over another. I run my novak through different temps and there is a difference when there is heat there.

Is this officially USVTA approved, or is novak labeling it as VTA for those that don't follow the rules to a T? Is this replacing the old motor? Just wanna know, as we're trying to grow the class.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Don't know much about it. I just assumed that they made a sport version like they did with the T3. It was the same deal as the other kits where it's the same design but with less expensive materials. They are not as good as their more expensive counterparts no matter if it's the T4 or the Spec-R or the Sakura, but VTA does not expose the limits of the cheaper materials so it works pretty good. I think Serpent even has a cheaper version of the S411. Not sure if the BD7 Sport is out yet or not.
It's called the CSO touring car. VERY similar to the T4, so much so that 90+% of the suspension parts are direct transfers if you ever need parts. Arms etc are direct replacements.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by oceanhighz
Is this officially USVTA approved, or is novak labeling it as VTA for those that don't follow the rules to a T? Is this replacing the old motor? Just wanna know, as we're trying to grow the class.
I believe that the older Ballistic enbells (with no holes for ventilation) are being discontinued. So all the new Ballistic (and Vulcan) endbells being made for Novak will have the vent holes already in them. Thus the new VTA motor. The only difference between the Boss VTA motor and the older Ballistic VTA motor is the holes in the endbells.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wait for it. ..........
Old 06-21-2013, 11:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So is it legal or not(Boss VTA)????
Old 06-21-2013, 11:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BullFrog
So is it legal or not(Boss VTA)????
Technically, per the current rules, no. However, it may just be a matter of time before the rules are updated to reflect legality for this new motor.

Motor Specifications:
25.5 brushless with 2C LiPo: Novak SS25.5 Pro brushless motor (pn:3425V) or Ballistic 25.5 (pn:3625V- stator only pn:S6625) Club (pn:3331) ONLY combined with any hard-cased 2C 7.4v LiPo pack up to and including 5000 mAh capacity. Novak motors are the ONLY motor allowed at this time. All house track rules regarding LiPo usage apply. Only physical motor timing advance is allowed, however Ballistic motors must not be advanced beyond the last line of the timing range sticker. 12.3 mm rotor diameter only (no "tuning" rotors are allowed, only stock Novak rotors allowed). Using ceramic bearings in the motor makes you a dork. No modifications or optional parts allowed on motor can, endbell, stator, or rotor. No cooling holes or other changes allowed to motor. Fans and external clip on heatsinks are allowed, but integral type heatsinks/fans including but not limited to those that require motor disassembly to mount are illegal.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Before everybody gets crazy, I was contacted by Novak a while ago to let me know they would be coming up with a new motor. Their intention is to keep performance the same, and to keep the new motors on a par with the older models.

As far as the cooling holes, the reason the rule was made was people who wanted to either #1 machine or hand modify motors or secondarily buy aftermarket parts for their motors. That is 100% not the intention of the class. The idea is to take a motor from the package and install it and race. We don't need 6 tuning rotors and a ton of confusing options.

As of this second, today, the motor is not legal, but that is because it has not been evaluated yet. I hope that will happen very soon.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I just want to take this opportunity to thank USVTA and RCGT for getting me back into touring cars. Last time I had one, the RS4 Pro was top of the line and everyone raced bodies that looked like cars that were on TV, or that you would see at the local streetracing hangout. When the Stratus bodies started coming in with the dish wheels and "custom" paintjobs, it was a BIG turnoff for me, and a couple of the guys I used to go to the local track with. So, I just got bored with it and left the hobby for awhile. After a divorce, and life, I wanted to do something that was fun again, now that I have much more disposable income, and time. I looked online at the HPI site and saw all the new stuff and this thing called RCGT. Then doing more research, I discovered USVTA. Totally reminded me of all the cool looking cars that came from the 60's and 70's and the RCGT class reminded me of what made touring cars so cool when I had my RS4 Pro. To this day, I will not spend a dime on a "dish" wheel, no matter how good it makes the car perform, but, I will buy a $100 set of aluminum wheels that match a set of BBS wheels I saw on a CLK touring car on BTCC. I hope the rules of body, and wheels bleed off into other classes of Touring car racing, maybe then, will I enter into a modified TC race. For now, USVTA and RCGT will be my money pits. Again, thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.