Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marv
I bet Chuck Norris would join if you asked him...

Chuck and me are at odds right now...He will be at the .....

THUNDER JAM V (Snowbirds Warm-up) Grand Slam Series this weekend
Jan 19-20th
Thunder RC Raceway
Nashville,TN

This is the 5th year for the Thunder Jam On-road Championships. We have been invited to join the Midwest Grand Slam Series this year. The Thunder Jam has always been Southeast premier on-road event. Now with the history of the MWGS, the event will continue to grow and be better than ever.

Me and Chuck will giving out the Jr and Sportsman VTA trophies
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-nash3.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-thunderjam5b-1.png  
Old 01-15-2013, 07:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcsuicide
I recommend running 7 or 8 KHz drive frequency. If you run any higher frequency then you may have a problem with your car not being able to push off from a dead stop.
I ran mine at 16khz, but the motor got really hot. Never had any startup issues.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
Chuck and me are at odds right now...He will be at the .....

THUNDER JAM V (Snowbirds Warm-up) Grand Slam Series this weekend
Jan 19-20th
Thunder RC Raceway
Nashville,TN

This is the 5th year for the Thunder Jam On-road Championships. We have been invited to join the Midwest Grand Slam Series this year. The Thunder Jam has always been Southeast premier on-road event. Now with the history of the MWGS, the event will continue to grow and be better than ever.

Me and Chuck will giving out the Jr and Sportsman VTA trophies
Good luck this weekend! I wish my checkbook matched my desire to race.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Has anybody had any luck using this S.P. Reventon ESC with a Novak Ballistic 25.5? Mine just does not want to push the car off from a dead stop.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

If HPI makes this body available separately from the kit, I think it will require and invitation to the VTA party! I'll bet those velocity stacks are good for a few tenths.

http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/109299/
Old 01-16-2013, 11:41 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by beemerfan
If HPI makes this body available separately from the kit, I think it will require and invitation to the VTA party! I'll bet those velocity stacks are good for a few tenths.

Already been discussed in this thread. Notgonnahappen. Not period correct. Never raced in Trans Am.

If they allow that, they'd have to allow the Corvette, which is period correct, and "cooler" than this Mustang!
Old 01-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

HPI by Facebook says that it will be available as a replacement part. Does that mean clear and unpainted? Your guess is as good as mine. I still plan to do one up in race livery without the green lights and possibly without the stacks. Just for my own gratification. Of course thats a no go if I cant get it clear. Its too much trouble to backpour it and make my own.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
HPI by Facebook says that it will be available as a replacement part. Does that mean clear and unpainted? Your guess is as good as mine. I still plan to do one up in race livery without the green lights and possibly without the stacks. Just for my own gratification.
+1!
Old 01-16-2013, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by .crispy

Already been discussed in this thread. Notgonnahappen. Not period correct. Never raced in Trans Am.

If they allow that, they'd have to allow the Corvette, which is period correct, and "cooler" than this Mustang!
+1. Going back to pages 167 and 168 of this thread. Read about what's been said about this HPI '69 Mustang body. The last quote at the bottom is the last word about the '69 Mustang body from RobK.
Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com
This is that new Vaughn Gittin Jr body for his drifter from HPI. Its on their website now. 69 Mustang with a sweet custom spoiler rear end. Assume it will be VTA legal? I imagine they will offer the body clear. If not, at least the RTR version.
Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete
ELEANOR
That is all I have to say about that !!!

I'm not even a ford guy but I'm gonna buy one
Time to go watch gone in 60 sec again
And maybe even BULLITT
Originally Posted by DontChangeUSVTA
Are you sure this is a 1969 Mustang? What is up with those blowers coming out of the hood?
Originally Posted by kwkride
It's very modified with the flares and such, almost a caricature of a '69.
(so it may not be VTA legal)
You can tell that it's a '69 because of the headlights.
Those are fuel injection stacks coming out of the hood.
Originally Posted by FauxMako
The RTR-X Mustang is a show car. Yes, it started life as a 69 Mustang, but that's not really what it is anymore. It's a show car/publicity stunt for the RTR brand.

Hopefully the stacks are separate and can be left off. I don't see why it couldn't be VTA legal. I doubt it has any areo advantages over the HPI 70 Mustang. Greenhouse is about the same. Other than the fender flares, chin and rear deck spoiler it's not that much different.
I don't see what is so radical about it that it wouldn't make the list simply on the merits of being a 69 Mustang. It certainly would not be the first that raced with big fender flares. That set of trumpets on the hood look like they can be left off. Im going to try one as soon as I can.
According to the Historic Trans-Am roster there was a 1969 Mustang that was driven by Dan Gurney.

Minus the headlight covers I think it looks similar enough to the HPI 69 Mustang RTR-X body ...
I think Myron likes the looks of it. Doesn't mean that he will want it on the official list. I plan on getting one. If Rob doesn't approve it then I will probably drift it.

I am fine either way. When the shell comes out I will buy it. VTA or not. Make a killer USGT shell. Even if it is at disadvantage in airflow.

Rescue do you have VTA racing there in Saskatchewan? Do you have bears? Zombies? We have Zombies. They vote.......
Originally Posted by robk
I'm not really inclined to allow the body since it is modeled after a modern rebuild. Even if Parma has less than stellar details on a body, it's not a "pro - touring" redo of a car.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Sorry I missed that entire conversation. Thanks for the recap. It will be interesting to see it painted period correct in VTA livery. You know at least a few are gonna try it.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:50 PM
Tech Champion

I really wish that HPI would retool the mold just enough to get rid of the modern accents and release it as a detailed Stang. But we are a small group compared to bashers who like it like it is. They have to make a living.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:51 PM
Tech Adept

There is not a single Corvette on the Historic US Trans-Am Roster.

There was, however, a 1969 Mustang that was driven by Dan Gurney.

Minus the headlight covers I think it looks similar enough to the HPI 69 Mustang RTR-X body ...
For that matter, the McAllister '69 Mustang (#286) body looks much closer to Dan Gurney's '69 Mustang than the new HPI Drift '69 Mustang does.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Tech Adept

Hey suicide, I agree 100% with your avatar....
Old 01-16-2013, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

The fact is, it is a GORGEOUS, AWESOME, WICKED car! If it is not VTA legal, then we will just have to enjoy it for club racing or USGT. But, enjoy it we will! Here's a website where you can see more of the real thing if you want: http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/1...ift-irwindale/

Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-69mustangvaughngittin-.jpg  
Old 01-16-2013, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwddww34
Has anybody had any luck using this S.P. Reventon ESC with a Novak Ballistic 25.5? Mine just does not want to push the car off from a dead stop.

I'm fixing to try a new SP ESC on a Novak 25.5. Research has told me that you have to unplug the temp sensor wire from the sensor harness, should be the blue one thats the 2nd from left on the motor. I'll post up if it works for me and let you know for sure

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.