Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rdx4vta
How many of you are running the Club Kit from Novak with the ss non-adjustable motor? Likes/dislikes? Should I have held out for the edge kit with the ballistic?
i have the edge/ballistic pair and i love it, fully adjustable, vta legal and fairly priced. being able to time your motor for the gear ratio and track size for a fine adjustment is definitely nice instead of having to constantly swap out gears and dial it in that way. if you are running at one track then it is a different story but if you have to adjust for a different track size and layout alot then having some leeway with gear ratios makes life easier. jmo
Old 12-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

How many of you are running the Club Kit from Novak with the ss non-adjustable motor? Likes/dislikes? Should I have held out for the edge kit with the ballistic?
The ss motor does have adj timing just like the ballistic ,its just not infinite.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
The ss motor does have adj timing just like the ballistic ,its just not infinite.
Nor is it particullarly effective as the range of adjustment is VERY small.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
whoa...who wasnt USVTA legal...?...How in the world am I going to punp USVTA all the time and not have a legal car?...WTF, are you serious...

sorry Grant..but you have me mistaken. There is no way in H377 that my car was illegal...what was illegal?...vented endbells?...well I have no idea whom car you are looking at cause mine does not have them.

and as far as GT dying...thats a "work"...and partial joke..and partial true..when ppl get so upset and find all kinds of issues instead of enjoying the hobby...they make excuse after excuse...well the excuse sux amd the truth is what it is...

the fact is I took it up on myself to try and make everybody happy...and I know it wasnt asked...but I like to think of us VTA racers as some kind of weird family...but when you continue to make issues, you get to a point where enough is enough...and I for one is tired of ppl making such a big deal about this class, in a negative way....ask all the questions you like, but when you come across as bashing...ppl are going to get offended, especially the ones always trying to help it grow(like myself)

Grant I dont have an issue with you...but Im tired of the BS...I really think its time for me to just step back and take a hobby vacation

well here are my 3 winning cars at the GORC, with bodies off..tell me whats illegal on any of them?
Myron,

Defintely not trying to start anything, just getting defensive when you point to "you and others". There are a lot of people at our track that promote and support VTA. Many of us bust our butts to help keep the class, the hobby, and the hobby shop alive.

Not gonna argue about it, I did tech several heats of cars (mostly qualifiers). You were 100% legal for the event. I'll leave it at that.

You proved GT works and works with the tires and bodies within the rules. You were ridiculously fast (that is a compliment), and it was very impressive. Something you have at Nashville, that we do not, it an upper tier of drivers to help the newer ones along. You have top VTA, USGT, TC, and 12th scale folks that can compete at a national level and are there day in and day out to help new folks. We do not, so we do not progress to the same extent or speed.

As I said, I have never bashed the class or people. That is not my style. I have asked many many questions. I ask them in all different threads here, not just VTA. We will not talk about the types of answers I have gotten (not referring to you). VTA may be a family, but it is definitely dysfunctional with a lot of pent up feelings.

Oddly enough, I like you Myron, and I have never had anything but the utmost respect for you as a driver and an advocate for VTA. Your last post was not your normal though, and I will admit I posted back in anger. As I have always said, I post because I care about the class and the future of it and on road RC. I post my opinion, which on a public forum is just as valid as the guy telling me VTA is perfect as is.

Said it before, and will say it again. The day the discussion stops on this VTA thread, is the day VTA is dead as a class because no one cares anymore...
Old 12-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
The ballistic is not infinite. Too much timing and the motor runs backwards/cogs (or so I am told).

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
Just curious, are you sure the timing range is any different? I have not tried to compare as there are no marks, and I turned it to where Melvin told me to, but my impression is that the timing board and other bits are almost the same as the ballistic and you have just about the same adjustment...just nothing to judge it by.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i run the club esc and a ballistic motor and love the combo to me its the best option getting in to vta because it relearns everything everytime u plug it up no adjusting and trying to figure whats what lol its an awsome speedo and u cant go wrong with it
Old 12-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Tech Addict

We started up VTA here at our local track a few months ago. Four of us bought this kit. All four broke within a week.

Luckily the LHS sent them back and Novak replaced them all. Supposedly a bad diode? Anyway, all of us upgraded to the Edge. But we're all still running the SS motor. No issues with it whatsoever. I was told, but don't know what to believe, that the SS motor has more torque(?) than the ballistic and it is better anyway.

I'm glad I upgraded to the Edge. I do like having the limited programming options. Also, even though I can't use it in the race, I like having reverse.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by .crispy
We started up VTA here at our local track a few months ago. Four of us bought this kit. All four broke within a week.

Luckily the LHS sent them back and Novak replaced them all. Supposedly a bad diode? Anyway, all of us upgraded to the Edge. But we're all still running the SS motor. No issues with it whatsoever. I was told, but don't know what to believe, that the SS motor has more torque(?) than the ballistic and it is better anyway.

I'm glad I upgraded to the Edge. I do like having the limited programming options. Also, even though I can't use it in the race, I like having reverse.
Back in July our LHS had an issue with the EDGE/Ballistic esc. They got 4 in, I was 1st to pick mine from the shipment. Mine is still in my VTA car now, never a problem, and it races at least 3 weeks a month. The other 3 were DOA, motors good, esc bad. He sent them back to Horizon and got 4 more, all DOA. Novak was contacted and said they had a batch get thru that had cold solder joints. Novak made everything up and "in house" tested the next shipment before they went out. Since then numerous Edge/Ballistic systems have been sold there, never a problem since. Yall may have gotten some of that same batch that had the bad solder used to assemble them.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

hey kenny u comeing to race with us friday nite
Old 12-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by thrasher05
hey kenny u comeing to race with us friday nite
Yea gonna try my best. We gotta get as much seat time in as possible to get ready for ThunderJam next month I was able to pull off a 3rd place finish in VTA at Thunder last sunday, got the 'ol T2'07 pretty dialed.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

ill have to miss that one
Old 12-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by alloyslash
Yea gonna try my best. We gotta get as much seat time in as possible to get ready for ThunderJam next month I was able to pull off a 3rd place finish in VTA at Thunder last sunday, got the 'ol T2'07 pretty dialed.
not bad theres some fast guys there i got to a 8.1 last friday i made some changes hopeing to see a high 7 or 8 flat
Old 12-05-2012, 05:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

You guys see the new AE shafty? may be a nice new base car especially since it has a rear gear diff

http://www.teamassociated.com/news/l...eady-To-Run%21
Old 12-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
Has the same amount of usable movement as the ballistic
Old 12-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Typing bad. Wrenching good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.