Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thats a good point...and plenty to choice from...but alot of guys like brand X or Z, and the same way these esc's got on the list....its only fair if a company is looking to add to the USVTA, we should look at it as a possible.

I am cool with the current list, but being a AE guy, I would love to have a LRP esc on the list...but after testing what they sent(more than 1)...its ZERO for LRP at this time other than the 2 already on the list...and trust me thats a real problem for me...but as much as I love being AE, Im just as much a USVTA guy...and see this as fair as fair can be.

We can add esc's as long as they meet the USVTA standards...so once again Tekin,Orion, and others can get onboard the USVTA wagon
Old 11-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I was in this race with Pete and what he did not mention is that this particular driver came from almost being lapped by me in third to all of a sudden pull away from me and in 4 or 5 laps was on my rear bumper trying for third. Was obvious to quite a few people that his car was more than likely boosted. Sorry to tell ya this Pete but this was not his first VTA race. He was at the first race at my track in plant city and was told then he had to remove that esc from the car for the next race. We will just have to make sure at the next one to get with Tim and make sure that don"t happen again.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

is that hobbywing esc any good. I was thinking of getting one? also is there a big difference between using esc timing and motor timing? why not get rid of all timing?
Old 11-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

WOW Guys just have some fun in vta and don't worry about the small stuff.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Odin544
Same here. But its like watching two trains on the same track headed towards one another. You know what's going to happen but its hard not to watch.
Not much to say but Woo Woo!
Old 11-20-2012, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
I hope the Orion R10 stock will get tested and approved for the vta esc list.
I probably wouldn't put too much hope into seeing it approved. It can be updated via PC to mod non-blinky software:

http://www.teamorion.com/images/prod...5120_setup.pdf
Old 11-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SS LS1
Not much to say but Woo Woo!
Roflmao
ALL abord next stop battery limit street
Old 11-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thunderbt3
I probably wouldn't put too much hope into seeing it approved. It can be updated via PC to mod non-blinky software:

http://www.teamorion.com/images/prod...5120_setup.pdf
Not that I think we really need anymore esc's, but I run the R10 pro RACE model in blinky sedan and it cant be changed at all except for the same stuff the others can. I also have the hobbywing justock, and the R1o pro race has the same adjustments available. No chance for any timing added at all.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just curious.
HPI make three different sets of vintage tires.
So, how come nobody rants about tires?
Old 11-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -Dutch-
Just curious.
Because only one set is legal and everyone knows it
Old 11-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just curious.
Originally Posted by GP40X
Because only one set is legal and everyone knows it

I would assume that the same applies to the ESCs, the motor, the batteries, the chassis and the bodies as well.

My point has been made.

Thank you.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Just curious.
People do. Reading half a dozen pages of the "2nd" USVTA thread just does not go back far enough. When HPI couldn't keep up with demand, there were tons of people trying to jump ship and find other options. Even now, there are questions as to how much tread is required to be "legal". There was also the debate a week or so ago about how to treat the tires, and what was approved and not. Trust me, every part of VTA has been debated...including paint jobs and drivers figures.

I would assume that the same applies to the ESCs, the motor, the batteries, the chassis and the bodies as well.

My point has been made.

Thank you.
Your point has been countered. Also keep in mind, that you do not have the variety in tires that you do electronics, batteries, or chassis' as far as their performance (an HPI vintage tire performs pretty much the same as every other vintage tire...not so with motors, batteries, etc). Let me know when you see a set of HPI rims go up in a puff of smoke for no reason.

I appreciate the point you are trying to make, but unfortunately it does not hold water. By your logic, we should have 1 option for everything. VTA is not about being a spec class (though it very much is one), it is a class to help revitalize onroad RC. You can dig up any old chassis, use a number of inexpensive electronics, through a realistic old school vintage body on it, and go racing. No jelly bean bodies, mod speed intimidation, or flavor of the month electronics. It is supposed to be about similar speed cars where driver skill and luck rule the day. Not saying it always is, but that is the intention.

The disagreements that happen here are because people care about the class. When people stop complaining (in any form or RC this is true), it is because VTA is dead...and that is much much worse.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DontChangeUSVTA
We don't need any more stinking ESC's. There are already 14 to pick from.
Who are you to decide how many esc's should be approved, just because you picked a rediculouse screen name doesnt meen your oppinion is any better or more important than anyone elses.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

For the Florida guys- talk is cheap lets get ready to rumble this coming Sunday at Minregg (At the Turkey Shoot).Been waiting a month to race.Just curious who that guy is that Pete is talking about.I'll bring my printed rules with me .
Old 11-21-2012, 05:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have a question but I have a ASSC. t4 and run it in VTA it is all stock and was wonder if there are and chassis mods out there like a whole new carbon set up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.