Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Old 06-30-2012, 06:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

USVTA RACERS...WE HAVE ARRIVED!!!!!!

"here is the deal.

top tier races are allowed in this forum, they will be stuck 3-4 weeks before the event, or after the previous event is over.

the current list is as follows
U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.
Halloween Classic
Timezone granprix
Ko Race
Snowbirds
Roar Nats
Cleveland
iic
reedy race
ifmar worlds"

Thank you RCTech for the chance to be among the top on-road events posted in your forum

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-city-u-s.html

Thank you
Myron Kinnard
Old 07-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Champion

Default 2012 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.

as you all know I plan on putting 100 VTA cars in this event, so as my gift to the 1st 50 VTA PAID entrants before August 1st, I will take off $10 OFF your entry fee..THATS ONLY $25 for VTA....it only applies to VTA, and the 1st 50 entrants

As VTA racers we are in a position to do some really big things with this class. This event is listed next to some major on-road events...WOW!!!....I am asking that every USVTA racer and non-racer to get a VTA car together and support this event. Im willing to do as much as possible to get the 100 car goal, dont be afraid to ask for my help...

Im still working on the hotel and food...so bare with me...but Im going to put the cost as low as possible...so plan to be here and have a good time

thank you for your support and be sure to check here and everywhere for updates and exciting news on the 2012 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.

and dont forget to tell a friend

Thanks again for all the support
Myron Kinnard
Old 07-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
as you all know I plan on putting 100 VTA cars in this event, so as my gift to the 1st 50 VTA PAID entrants before August 1st, I will take off $10 OFF your entry fee..THATS ONLY $25 for VTA....it only applies to VTA, and the 1st 50 entrants

As VTA racers we are in a position to do some really big things with this class. This event is listed next to some major on-road events...WOW!!!....I am asking that every USVTA racer and non-racer to get a VTA car together and support this event. Im willing to do as much as possible to get the 100 car goal, dont be afraid to ask for my help...

Im still working on the hotel and food...so bare with me...but Im going to put the cost as low as possible...so plan to be here and have a good time

thank you for your support and be sure to check here and everywhere for updates and exciting news on the 2012 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.

and dont forget to tell a friend

Thanks again for all the support
Myron Kinnard
Dag, I really wanna make this trip - but unfortunately cannot this year as this is either the same weekend or the one before/after our big 24 hour enduro in NJ

maybe next year

kaybo
Old 07-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well, we had a nice turnout at our local track yesterday. We had 9 VTA cars running of which about 4 of them were new cars to the class, and around 2 of them are actually new racers all together (one of them being a friend that I let borrow my spare car to run with). The first two races were like a demolition derby and the topshaft came apart on my JRXS type R in the first and then a front belt problem sidelined during the second race. The third race went pretty well, was leading all the way to the 4 minute mark at was run into the track marker by some lapped trafic and gave up first but still finished in second place. The heat was really brutal this weekend down here with the heat index around 115-117 mark, so the turnout was fantastic for those temps.

Now I get to run through the car this week and see what else might have got damaged with all of the beating going on with the new guys. Needless to say, that new J71 body of mine doesn't look so new anymore....lol.

Kurtis
Old 07-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by k_bojar
Dag, I really wanna make this trip - but unfortunately cannot this year as this is either the same weekend or the one before/after our big 24 hour enduro in NJ

maybe next year

kaybo
maybe something will free up...
Old 07-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Tech Champion

maybe next year

kaybo
24 Hours? No no! Its all 1/10 scale so an enduro would be 2.4 hours. Thats 1/10th of a day.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
24 Hours? No no! Its all 1/10 scale so an enduro would be 2.4 hours. Thats 1/10th of a day.
true but we do a real 24 hour race race into the dark, thru the night and back into the day - rain or shine... you'd be amazed how well a TT01 survives 24 continuous hours or racing

and you thought only those German guys had all the fun
Old 07-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

true but we do a real 24 hour race race into the dark, thru the night and back into the day - rain or shine... you'd be amazed how well a TT01 survives 24 continuous hours or racing

OMG OMG OMG !!! I WANT TO !!!
I took part of that in Germany few years it was a blast !!!
And the TT01 will survive it with not alot problems, and if there is a problem the TT01 can continue to run with that issue no problem =)

Where do they do that 24 hour race in the US ?
Old 07-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Tech Champion

Sounds incredible and I have seen the pics from the German races. Super cool with the lights and all. I just wonder if I am up to that. Do you start with a new kit? Quick batt changes? Multiple sets of tires? Same shell the whole time? Plasti Dip jammed into every crevace (Rain race only)
Old 07-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by iPearl
OMG OMG OMG !!! I WANT TO !!!
I took part of that in Germany few years it was a blast !!!
And the TT01 will survive it with not alot problems, and if there is a problem the TT01 can continue to run with that issue no problem =)

Where do they do that 24 hour race in the US ?
Jackson, NJ - this year it's mid-september...outdoor, beautifully smooth, curbs, awesome pit, 24 parts shop... it was the home of the 2011 ROAR paved nationals

when I get to my laptop, I'll post the links to the last 2 year's race threads... even though we had to push the race back a month (stupid hurricane), we still had 12 teams show.

build the kit & paint the body 2 hours before the race starts... and non-stop racing for the next 24 hours

silver can motors and Tamiya 104bk speedos and you're set
Old 07-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Sounds incredible and I have seen the pics from the German races. Super cool with the lights and all. I just wonder if I am up to that. Do you start with a new kit? Quick batt changes? Multiple sets of tires? Same shell the whole time? Plasti Dip jammed into every crevace (Rain race only)
new kit each year - built the morning of the race...only specific hop-ups allowed, the last 2 years we ran the kit shocks (non-oil filled)

the first year, we went thru 9 sets of tires - last year, because it was cooler, we only went thru 1/2

no quick change setups allowed - just deans/banana plug/etc

haven't hit rain, but we have a 'shield' in the backroom to be used just in case...only allowed 4 'extra' holes in the chassic for water drainage..

shell that you start the race, has to finish the race - everything else is pretty much legal to be replaced...last year: 2 motors, 1 servo (even though it probably wasn't bad, saver was), 1 speedo (plug battery in backwards)

the year before we had to replace the passenger front twice (damn Rudy and cutting the exit to the back straight) and we had lighting issues (cars have to have front/rear lights or else it has to come off until fixed)

lots and lots of fun...6-7 guys to a team, 6 is about right
Old 07-03-2012, 04:27 PM
Tech Champion

links to last 2 years

2010 - http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...26-2010-a.html

2011 - http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...r-22-23-a.html

sorry for hijacking the thread
Old 07-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Wow, I am truely humbled.

I had no Idea back in 2007 my dream would progress this well and far.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsi...ing-class.html

R/C is behind me now but I like to pop in now and then to see how things are going and i could not be happier.

A big thanks to Scotty at Trackside for trusting and hosting the first races. Thanks also to Doug, Rob and all the other visionaries that kept things progressing and taking the concept National.

I hope you all continue to enjoy VTA.

---MPH
Old 07-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Wow, I am truely humbled.

I had no Idea back in 2007 my dream would progress this well and far.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsi...ing-class.html

R/C is behind me now but I like to pop in now and then to see how things are going and i could not be happier.

A big thanks to Scotty at Trackside for trusting and hosting the first races. Thanks also to Doug, Rob and all the other visionaries that kept things progressing and taking the concept National.

I hope you all continue to enjoy VTA.

---MPH
and we thank you...very much,
Myron Kinnard
Old 07-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hi guys , I have just purchased some new VTA rims and tyres and I noticed the tread pattern to be different to the ones I had many years ago. The old ones were a zig-zag pattern and I remember them being a much deeper groove..............

When did they change and are they better / worse or the same in performance and durability ???

Thanks in advance

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.