Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
No sweeper of impending doom or grim sweeper? Hairpin of horrors? WTH!
What about the first turn of shattered hopes and dreams?
Old 04-06-2012, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotrodchevy14
That does look nice. Hope it has better brakes than the cirtix.

Did you say better brakes..? Tons of brakes on this one...0.3s faster by test driver ran on USVTA. ETA early MAY in USA.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by Solara

Did you say better brakes..? Tons of brakes on this one...0.3s faster by test driver ran on USVTA. ETA early MAY in USA.
Sweet! I will have one in my VTA by the end of May.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
No sweeper of impending doom or grim sweeper? Hairpin of horrors? WTH!
i'm sooo bummed I'm not gonna be able to make it this year - bad weekend for me

maybe if Eric gets the over-and-under bridge done for NEXT year, we'll all come back out

(just kidding)
Old 04-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara

same price point as the Cirtix??

I definitely like how the wiring was resolved - my cirtix is a disaster because I had to replace the wires...wish SpeedPassion had a return/exchange program like novak
Old 04-06-2012, 09:53 AM
Tech Champion

Yes, similar price as the Ciritx Club Spec, no surprise steep price increase......
Old 04-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I like the idea of this class but I'm not a "Trans Am" fan. If there was something like this, I'd be all over it.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
I like the idea of this class but I'm not a "Trans Am" fan. If there was something like this, I'd be all over it.

That Porsche Carrera is perfect for the http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...highlight=usgt class.
__________________________________________________ ___________________

http://www.rctech.net/forum/texas-ra...obby-shop.html
Old 04-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Race Length

I just watched a video showing a LRP F1 A-main being run for 20 minute!

The USVTA Scale Nationals [see a couple pages back] is advertising 8-minute qualifiers with 20-minute A-main, 12-minute B-main, & lower mains are 10-minutes. USGT only gets a 15-minute A-main. None of this matches the USVTA rules of 5-minute qualifiers with 8-minute mains.

Are these long qualifiers/mains just a feature of large events to draw more entrants?

Or is there a trend developing for longer heats/mains?

I know that races at my LHS can consume the whole day and long into the evening when a lot of racers show up. The LHS runs 6-minute qualifiers with 8-minute mains. I'm not sure how I really feel. The 8-minute main that I am used to seems long after three 6-minute qualifiers. But, more racing is a good thing.

Unless you are talking about a multi-day event, I can't see these long mains being very practical.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bencason
Are these long qualifiers/mains just a feature of large events to draw more entrants?

I know that races at my LHS can consume the whole day and long into the evening when a lot of racers show up. The LHS runs 6-minute qualifiers with 8-minute mains. I'm not sure how I really feel. The 8-minute main that I am used to seems long after three 6-minute qualifiers. But, more racing is a good thing.

Unless you are talking about a multi-day event, I can't see these long mains being very practical.
I agree. Thursday night races at my LHS start at 7pm and run well past midnight. My wife is getting tired of me going straight to the LHS right after work and coming home the next morning. If the mains started to get longer than 8 minutes, I wouldn't make it home for breakfast on Fridays.

The section of USVTA rules that talks about mains does not say 20 minute mains. Under optional main variations it says up to 20 cars in a main, but not 20 minutes per main.
Originally Posted by USVTA Rules
Race Specification:
- 5 minute qualifiers.
- 8 minute mains.
- Absolutely NO IFMAR-type starts. All heats and mains should be straight-up starts, with random sorts for each heat. Non random sorts should shuffle starting order for each heat.

Optional Main Variations:
- 12-20 car A-mains, depending on car counts.
- Invert qualifying order based on random hat pull (top 6-10 cars).
- "LeMans" type starts where all cars are lined up on an angle to the racing line in order.
- Run track in reverse rotation for mains.
- Rolling starts.
__________________________________________________ ___________________

---->http://www.rctech.net/forum/texas-ra...obby-shop.html
Old 04-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

The USVTA Scale Nationals [see a couple pages back] is advertising 8-minute qualifiers with 20-minute A-main, 12-minute B-main, & lower mains are 10-minutes. USGT only gets a 15-minute A-main. None of this matches the USVTA rules of 5-minute qualifiers with 8-minute mains.

That is only for the VTA SCALE NAT hosting at THE TRACK next week. It is not a new rule or it need to be enforced. The whole USVTA site is there for others to use as reference. It is NOT a ROAR RULE or IFMAR or anything. It is a good reference for the track and others that is new for VTA to have something to start.

From what I know...some other track run 21.5 motor and use 1 cell lipo...some run 17.5 for outdoor big track. The track owner can modified to their own liking to attract racer....

I agreed with you...20 minutes main for club race is not practical....but it will be fun. Also, running backward direction with 20 cars is also FUN.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jerz616
... I for one appreciate the stuff he post, and if it wasn't for him I would never have been able to join VTA. When the whole tire shortage was happening he offered to and gave me his last set of new front tires so I could race. Thanks sharpie.
You're welcome. Glad I could help you get into VTA racing.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Those who have run it at a club level here, have all said the enjoy the longer mains. Now, a club that is getting really good numbers, it may not be a practical thing to do unless you reduce your qualifying times and increase the mains.

USGT is only going 15 Minutes do to batteries. In testing, we saw an average mAh usage of 4000mAh out of 6200 available for the 21.5's over the course of the run.

USVTA cars can make the 20 using 4000mAh cap batteries with no problem.

The USVTA/USGT rule set is and was always intended to give every facility a solid base foundation for their participants to enjoy playing with toy cars.

Regardless, the more realism I intend/attempt to bring to some of these realistic classes at our track for the "scale appearance" classes, the more dramatic things seem to become. Remember last year's banked turn??Maybe,it's just me
Old 04-06-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I didn't mean to say we needed a rules change. For big events, especially multi-day races, it could be a fun thing to try a 20-minute main. I was just surprised at the length.

I started in R/C when we struggled to make 6-minutes in 12th scale with 1400 mah NiCads so 20 minutes is enormous.

Last edited by bencason; 04-06-2012 at 02:50 PM. Reason: spelling error... doh!
Old 04-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
Regardless, the more realism I intend/attempt to bring to some of these realistic classes at our track for the "scale appearance" classes, the more dramatic things seem to become. Remember last year's banked turn?? Maybe,it's just me
I thought last year's Banked Turn was KOOL....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.