Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Old 03-11-2016, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Troubles Dad
I agree with the bottom line- racers cheat and this is just a frustrating thing, had a local racer tell me that I need to be charging my batteries up to 4.22 volts per cell and all the guys who he was racing against was doing this in the bismark race that he attended, and the funny thing was he did not seem to think it was cheating, as the way I see it, alot of the racing that is going on is at a local level, just makes you wonder why the others they race with do not complain about them
I always laugh at this. The guys who are winning/going really fast aren't doing stuff like this. They drive better, have their cars setup better, and prepare for each round better than most. Sure, they don't have bottom of the barrel equipment by any means, but it's not as special or as close to the limits as so many think.
Old 03-12-2016, 05:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy
I always laugh at this. The guys who are winning/going really fast aren't doing stuff like this. They drive better, have their cars setup better, and prepare for each round better than most. Sure, they don't have bottom of the barrel equipment by any means, but it's not as special or as close to the limits as so many think.
Yeah but does the ESC blink???

Cheaters never win...welllll maybe they do...
Old 03-12-2016, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

cheaters never win period...get over yourself and be competitive with the class and enjoy

as Battman once said...USVTA is bigger than you or me...get out of your own way and respect will follow
Old 03-13-2016, 05:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Travis S

The big thing you need to worry about is guys like Brian MvGreevy taking performance enhancing drugs! We are still waiting on the blood and piss test results from the scale nationals in Indy. Word on the streets is, he is the Lance Armstrong of USVTA.

Taking rc racing to a whole other level! Imagine the testing booths/equipment and medical personnel besides the rc tracks in big events
Old 03-13-2016, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Has anyone used a Tamyia trf416 for usvta? I'm having a huge problem with weight distribution, and the car is handling like crap. I don't have a very good pic, but I have weight underneath the battery and receiver/speed controller. I had to add 110gr to make the car legal. The car is pushy on power and wants to spin out when the front end bites.

Old 03-14-2016, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

Use standard Lipo
Old 03-14-2016, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BigRed
Has anyone used a Tamyia trf416 for usvta? I'm having a huge problem with weight distribution, and the car is handling like crap. I don't have a very good pic, but I have weight underneath the battery and receiver/speed controller. I had to add 110gr to make the car legal. The car is pushy on power and wants to spin out when the front end bites.

What is your setup?
Old 03-14-2016, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

This table from the XRAY T3 Set-up Book is very helpful when I am trying to figure out what changes to try on my car.

Full PDF can be downloaded here:

https://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sh...p?file_id=6143
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-setup_guide.jpg  
Old 03-14-2016, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigRed
Do you have your front sidewalls glued? I can't really tell in the photo.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Travis S
This table from the XRAY T3 Set-up Book is very helpful when I am trying to figure out what changes to try on my car.

Full PDF can be downloaded here:

https://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sh...p?file_id=6143
This is a great guide.

BigRed,
If you post your setup, it might be more obvious what needs to change - most good cars have setups that aren't widely deviating from other cars. If the handling issue is dramatic as you're describing, it should stand out.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The 416 is a baller. It should be a great vta car. Have you checked for anything bend or binding?
Old 03-17-2016, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
cheaters never win period...get over yourself and be competitive with the class and enjoy

as Battman once said...USVTA is bigger than you or me...get out of your own way and respect will follow
Maybe I'm naïve, but I've never understood how grown men, or boys in men's clothing, could fall asleep at night proud to have won a race or trophy by cheating. I just don't get it. What's the point of that? If its a cash race, and you are hard up for money, at least you have a motive (and probably a prior rap sheet), but cheating at RC cars makes you pathetic in my book.

Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-cheatboard.jpg  
Old 03-17-2016, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com
Maybe I'm naïve, but I've never understood how grown men, or boys in men's clothing, could fall asleep at night proud to have won a race or trophy by cheating. I just don't get it. What's the point of that? If its a cash race, and you are hard up for money, at least you have a motive (and probably a prior rap sheet), but cheating at RC cars makes you pathetic in my book.
+1
Old 03-17-2016, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com
Agreed!
Old 03-18-2016, 09:02 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

"If it's worth winning it's worth cheating." - W. C. Fields

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.