R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #8101
Tech Addict

Maybe you need to spend less time on the keyboard complaining about the rules and more time at the track having fun!!!

I've been racing USVTA for the past year and the same guys who wine about the rules, are part time racers at best!!!

I guess this hobby has something for everyone, even the bench racers.

https://www.facebook.com/ValkariaRcraceway/
chiefj48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 09:37 PM   #8102
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefj48 View Post
Maybe you need to spend less time on the keyboard complaining about the rules and more time at the track having fun!!!

I've been racing USVTA for the past year and the same guys who wine about the rules, are part time racers at best!!!

I guess this hobby has something for everyone, even the bench racers.

Is this directed at me?

USVTA Member #168. Florida local.

Powered by Hotwings, Rolling Rock, and the urge to race toy cars...

Last edited by nf_ekt; 12-01-2014 at 09:57 PM.
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 10:17 PM   #8103
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm a bit tired of reading the same posts by the same people asking that the same things need to be changed in USVTA. The current rules work for the MAJORITY of people racing this class at the MAJORITY of the tracks that race this class. If USVTA isn't doing well at a given facility, I would have to assume the problem is something other than the current rules holding it back.

Personally I feel that some of the discussion on this thread detracts from a very healthy class that is far from being broken or in dire need of rules changes. That is not to say that USVTA is perfect. However the class as it exists today does create good racing using just about any chassis, which was one of the original goals of the class.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't have any discussion about USVTA rules. But it would be nice for a change if the discussions were a bit more balanced instead of thinly veiled attempts to change rules in the favor of a few (vocal) individuals. I would also like more people to realize that for every rule change made (in any class) that it could have a direct negative affect on class participation (either in the short or long term).
Old 12-02-2014, 06:05 AM   #8104
Tech Addict

If discussion on a forum detracts from a healthy class, you don't have a healthy class to begin with.
.crispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 06:57 AM   #8105
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by .crispy View Post
If discussion on a forum detracts from a healthy class, you don't have a healthy class to begin with.
There's nothing wrong with a discussion, I've been reading this thread for a year and the same part time racers make the most noise about the rules.
The rules are the same for everyone!!!!!
If you don't like the rules, DON'T run the class!!!!
It's that simple!!!!
The biggest difference between USVTA and roar VTA is the weight, battery, and motor. I've raced both classes and the USVTA car handles better IMHO.
Every time I've raced USVTA the guys on the stand are laughing, and having FUN!!!!
Old 12-02-2014, 07:01 AM   #8106
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf_ekt View Post
Is this directed at me?

USVTA Member #168. Florida local.
I Don't know, is it????
Old 12-02-2014, 07:22 AM   #8107
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

USVTA put TC racing back on the map in my area, and it brought USGT and 17.5 along with it.

Carolinas R/C Track Directory - https://sites.google.com/site/carolinasrctracklocator/
DarthRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 07:40 AM   #8108
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer View Post
I'm a bit tired of reading the same posts by the same people asking that the same things need to be changed in USVTA. The current rules work for the MAJORITY of people racing this class at the MAJORITY of the tracks that race this class. If USVTA isn't doing well at a given facility, I would have to assume the problem is something other than the current rules holding it back.

Personally I feel that some of the discussion on this thread detracts from a very healthy class that is far from being broken or in dire need of rules changes. That is not to say that USVTA is perfect. However the class as it exists today does create good racing using just about any chassis, which was one of the original goals of the class.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't have any discussion about USVTA rules. But it would be nice for a change if the discussions were a bit more balanced instead of thinly veiled attempts to change rules in the favor of a few (vocal) individuals. I would also like more people to realize that for every rule change made (in any class) that it could have a direct negative affect on class participation (either in the short or long term).
We tried VTA at our track. It lasted about 4 races. When you can put a Tamiya silver Can J in a car and run it with VTA and finish in the top of the running order, it's just not appealing.

Some of the bodies were cool, but to have all the rules to make it legal, and for it to be that slow is just not what we were looking for as a class.

I did not race in this class personally, but I do wish it would have taken off. Even people that stopped by to watch did not really care for them due to the speed of the car.

It would help get people to understand you can't just throw a 13.5T in a TC and expect to run with the crowd.

Seems some think it's a stepping stone class ( myself ) while others think it should be a full blown race class with all the big names.

Maybe a different tire and motor rules will help. Those tires are quite costly.

" Tamiya RC's have soul, the others are just plastic parts "
Metalsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 07:56 AM   #8109
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

and I loose my smile again....

I truly am not the nicest person in the world...but for the love of all things what is wrong with you ppl.

ITS A TOY CAR RC HOBBY CLASS THAT HAS RULES. RULES THAT PPL HAVE TAKEN THE TIME TO MAKE AND DAMN NEAR PERFECT IN A FEW SHORT YEARS. WTH IS WRONG WITH THAT.

Why are ppl always looking to mess with a class that 99% of the racers are happy with. And why only here?...Nobody bugging ROAR to change 17.5 TC or 12th Scale, or 2wd Buggy or any of the established classes that have been around for years. And if they are "deaf ears"...so why constantly want change of this and that to suit your personal needs.

Ive got more time and eneregy...not to mention money into the USVTA/VTA/USGT than just about anybody with exception of a hand full. And why am I not wanting a bunch of changes?...CAUSE I LIKE THE CLASS...its really that simple...I enjoy the classes and they work and the majority of the true USVTA USGT racers like it just the way it is. Is there room for upgrades and improvements?...yes....but only after real testing and research by the ppl who care what happens to the class. And not by those who just want their favorite company to get a piece of the USVTA pie.

any questions?....oh never got mine answered....whats the benefit of an open motor rule?...anybody?....no...good....

so for those that race USVTA...how much azz did you kick at you track this past weekend. Heard Cleveland had a good event...
January 2017
Thunder RC Raceway
DARKSIDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 08:02 AM   #8110
Tech Addict

I think the speed is one of the main attractors to the class. Vintage looking cars running nose to tail where a bad line through one corner can make all the difference, really puts an emphasis on being smooth. True scale racing.

Nothing scale about 17.5 mod. Just whoosh down to one corner, stop, turn on a dime and blaaaaaah down to the next. Doesn't look like any real racing series I've ever seen, and I've seen them all.
.crispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 08:25 AM   #8111
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Quote:

+1 indy

would be nice to see the roar vta class step up to 1550 g and 5000 max on battery this would be better then the USVTA changing its rules to accommodate the few . and would help level the playing field
I MEAN AFTER ALL USVTA STARTED THIS.. THEY roar vta SOULD HAVE TO GET ON THE TRAIN OR SIT IN THE STATION >>>>> JUST SAYIN....
Old 12-02-2014, 08:35 AM   #8112
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:

you hit the nail on the head... its the same people always coming in here and wanting something changed to match THEIR needs - not realizing that there is a much greater good the rules of this class is designed for..

you like the ROAR rules, follow them - if you like the USVTA rules, follow them... but why do you feel the need to make USVTA change to match ROAR?? when in all honestly, I haven't seen a ROAR VTA class (at a nationals/regionals/etc) since 2011/2012 - not counting all the tracks that 'follow' the ROAR vta rules...

I missed reading this thread for a couple of days - and wow, didn't miss much aside from people bitching about the class rules
Old 12-02-2014, 08:51 AM   #8113
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalsoft View Post
We tried VTA at our track. It lasted about 4 races. When you can put a Tamiya silver Can J in a car and run it with VTA and finish in the top of the running order, it's just not appealing.

Some of the bodies were cool, but to have all the rules to make it legal, and for it to be that slow is just not what we were looking for as a class.

I did not race in this class personally, but I do wish it would have taken off. Even people that stopped by to watch did not really care for them due to the speed of the car.

It would help get people to understand you can't just throw a 13.5T in a TC and expect to run with the crowd.

Seems some think it's a stepping stone class ( myself ) while others think it should be a full blown race class with all the big names.

Maybe a different tire and motor rules will help. Those tires are quite costly.
if you change the tires and motors, you're not running the class... that's why the RCGT/USGT class exists...

how can people stopping by to watch judge the speeds to be too slow?? was this way back when there was a restriction on gearing limits?? most of the time, I see times for USVTA that are slightly less then a lap time for a 17.5 class - and to most observers, they can't tell the difference...

if you're all about speed, or lapping the entire field - then yes, this class isn't for you or anyone at your track... but if you like close racing (racing where the race is lost if the last turn AFTER the has expired), then THIS IS THE ONLY CLASS for you... don't matter if big names run it or the local joe blows -this class is what racing should be all about
Old 12-02-2014, 08:54 AM   #8114
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete View Post
+1 indy

would be nice to see the roar vta class step up to 1550 g and 5000 max on battery this would be better then the USVTA changing its rules to accommodate the few . and would help level the playing field
I MEAN AFTER ALL USVTA STARTED THIS.. THEY roar vta SOULD HAVE TO GET ON THE TRAIN OR SIT IN THE STATION >>>>> JUST SAYIN....
AGREED
SMC - Motiv motors - Savox - Spectrum - Exotek.
The brighter the picture, the darker the negative. USVTA member #112
theproffesor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 09:16 AM   #8115
Tech Addict

Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't USVTA going to be run at the Snowbirds this year??

I'm guessing someone took notice of how popular USVTA has become!!!
Roar VTA??? Not so much!!!