R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-09-2014, 09:03 AM   #7771
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooba View Post
Is the ROAR approved label good for all USVTA racing or just the Halloween Classic?
USVTA rules now allow any ROAR-approved ESC, as well as the ESCs previously listed in the USVTA rules.
howardcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:07 PM   #7772
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Speedo is pending approval, I guess I gotta buy a new speedo to replace my new speedo.
Driving through hell and back! Phoenix Raceway, Afghanistan 10'-11'.
Loco4G63T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 03:39 AM   #7773
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardcano View Post
USVTA rules now allow any ROAR-approved ESC, as well as the ESCs previously listed in the USVTA rules.
addendum to what Howard said ... With the ROAR Approved [no timing] software version for that model ESC.
John Wallace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:20 AM   #7774
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wallace2 View Post
addendum to what Howard said ... With the ROAR Approved [no timing] software version for that model ESC.
Of all people, I would be the one that should have remembered to mention this. How embarrassing!
howardcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:58 PM   #7775
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just started racing USVTA, what is the average ride height you folks run on asphalt tracks? I've got a Spec R S1
Old 08-17-2014, 11:23 PM   #7776
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyU View Post
I just started racing USVTA, what is the average ride height you folks run on asphalt tracks? I've got a Spec R S1
5 mm
Old 08-18-2014, 09:10 AM   #7777
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyU View Post
Depending on the roughness of the surface, I run between 5 and 6 mm of clearance. Whatever it takes to keep the body/chassis from rubbing the ground and no more.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:52 PM   #7778
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

In USVTA, minimum ride height is 5mm. Go as high as you'd like, but 5mm is the lowest you can legally go.

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:33 PM   #7779
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Best motor

I'm looking for a new motor for my USGT and want the best. I currently have a Tekin but I was told that there are others that are better suited for this. Money or name are not really an issue and we are not that stricken at my track, so give me some suggestion.
Losi 22-4 - MMP - Tekin Gen2 5.5 * Losi SCTE - RX8 - Tekin Pro4 4600 * 22SCT - MMP - Tekin Redline Gen2 6.5T * Losi 22B 2.0 - Tekin RS - Novak 8.5T * TC6.2 * TC6.1 VTA * Wraith - CC Sidewinder - HH TorqueMaster 35T * E-max - Rustler - Slash - 1/16 Revo
Adonis_mp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:31 PM   #7780
Tech Regular

You'll have to look at the rules but there are only certain motors you can run. Locally the Novak boss is the motor to have
Old 08-31-2014, 08:39 PM   #7781
Tech Regular

Don't have any restrictions on GT except ROAR approved, but even that doesn't get checked often.
Losi 22-4 - MMP - Tekin Gen2 5.5 * Losi SCTE - RX8 - Tekin Pro4 4600 * 22SCT - MMP - Tekin Redline Gen2 6.5T * Losi 22B 2.0 - Tekin RS - Novak 8.5T * TC6.2 * TC6.1 VTA * Wraith - CC Sidewinder - HH TorqueMaster 35T * E-max - Rustler - Slash - 1/16 Revo
Adonis_mp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:50 PM   #7782
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonis_mp View Post
I'm looking for a new motor for my USGT and want the best. I currently have a Tekin but I was told that there are others that are better suited for this. Money or name are not really an issue and we are not that stricken at my track, so give me some suggestion.
You'll have more luck in the usgt thread, this one is pretty much trans-am. I'm not going to start a 21.5 motor argument in this thread so I will just recommend you try the other thread.

yeah. i know.
mikel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:59 AM   #7783
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

So this thread has been rather dead lately and its time to liven it up for a couple days. What I am proposing is a philosophical one. I am not advocating for any type of rule change. The rules are great the way they are. This is just to ask what everyones opinion on this matter is. Also USVTA is already taken steps to address this issue by having proand sportsman VTA at the Southern Nats. So lets begin.

Sponsored drivers in what even the founders consider an entry level class. Even if not said outright they set the rules up to be entry level. Keeping weight high to allow older and/or cheaper kits. Keeping the battery MAH low to keep price down. And until recently allowing only very limited ESC's to be used. There is nothing wrong with this rule set, it does help bring new people into the class. But those new people can be very easily imtemidated by a driver that has sponsors for his ride. Whether its chassis, battery, or any other sponsorship, its more than what a new guy with a TC4 has getting everything on his own and trying to compete.

Now to be fair some of those sponsored drivers take the time to help the new guys or anyone else at the track for that matter, and have a great attitude. But I have also seen sponsored drivers to some of the worst people on the track attitude wise and the only thing they bring in for their sponsors are wins, not goodwill.

So what does everyone think. Do sponsored drivers in USVTA, help or hinder the class?
SMC - Motiv motors - Savox - Spectrum - Exotek.
The brighter the picture, the darker the negative. USVTA member #112
theproffesor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:59 AM   #7784
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

So this thread has been rather dead lately and its time to liven it up for a couple days. What I am proposing is a philosophical one. I am not advocating for any type of rule change. The rules are great the way they are. This is just to ask what everyones opinion on this matter is. Also USVTA is already taken steps to address this issue by having proand sportsman VTA at the Southern Nats. So lets begin.

Sponsored drivers in what even the founders consider an entry level class. Even if not said outright they set the rules up to be entry level. Keeping weight high to allow older and/or cheaper kits. Keeping the battery MAH low to keep price down. And until recently allowing only very limited ESC's to be used. There is nothing wrong with this rule set, it does help bring new people into the class. But those new people can be very easily imtemidated by a driver that has sponsors for his ride. Whether its chassis, battery, or any other sponsorship, its more than what a new guy with a TC4 has getting everything on his own and trying to compete.

Now to be fair some of those sponsored drivers take the time to help the new guys or anyone else at the track for that matter, and have a great attitude. But I have also seen sponsored drivers to some of the worst people on the track attitude wise and the only thing they bring in for their sponsors are wins, not goodwill.

So what does everyone think. Do sponsored drivers in USVTA, help or hinder the class?
SMC - Motiv motors - Savox - Spectrum - Exotek.
The brighter the picture, the darker the negative. USVTA member #112
theproffesor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:23 AM   #7785
Tech Addict

You can say that again...
.crispy is offline   Reply With Quote