Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
post up the info...
dodgeboy forgot to mention, its September 15/16 - and its not VTA enduro

its the 2012 24 hours du jackson

here's the thread from last 2 years

2011 - 24 Heures Du Jackson presented by Spektrum (October 22-23)

2010 - 24 Heures Du Jackson 09/25-26/2010

1 car (tt01, built day of race), team of guys (6-7 recommended), tamiya 104Bk speedos, lots of tires and lots of battery packs, full car lighting, and kit silver can motors (no red dots) - going head-to-head for 24 hours, rain or shine

it'll make you a man if you weren't one already We've done 4, 6 hour enduro before with multi cars, but there's nothing like 1 car for 24 hours straight...its like 6 months of racing in one weekend
Old 05-16-2012, 11:21 PM   #752
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

What's this I see? Is that a new VTA? It's only there for a few seconds. See it appear on the track 30 seconds into the video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjhvH_-05Jk
wwddww34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:33 PM   #753
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

These look sick..the donahue paint schemes are awesome
Old 05-17-2012, 07:03 AM   #754
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Stanfsu

I love the video with the dog
Old 05-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #755
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've seen video of race cars hitting deer before but it must be the Texas thing as that was a big deer on your track compared to this one David
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #756
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 238 (100%+)

A fellow in my neighborhood was killed racing his Formula Ford at Westwood (now defunct road race circuit on the outskirts of Vancouver, BC) in the '80's. Crested the hill with a blind crest called "Deer's Leap" and, well...one leaped. He caught it under the chin of his helmet (understandably, he must have flinched) and it pretty much tore his head off.

At the switchback at the bottom of the same hill a few years later I was signaled by the turn crew who were holding their thumbs to their temples and waggling their fingers. I thought they were jeering me so I gave a similar sign thumb to my a$$ (was on a motorcycle...you can be FAR more expressive than in a car) as I accelerated up the hill. As I crested Deer's Leap I spotted a moose grazing beside the track with her calf. It was several yards off the track surface, but all I could think of was Terry and why on earth they weren't red-flagging the race. "Nah, we'll give 'em the (we think) international 'hey there's a flippin' moose next to the track' signal". Bloody Cannucks

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:19 AM   #757
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

I know I shouldn't laugh, but the way that deer takes off like 20+ feet in the air is almost a bit comical...

OK, serious question though- What are you guys using to pull the old tires off VTA rims? I need to get some fresh rubber mounted up soon, looking for the easiest / safest method....
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #758
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf_ekt View Post
OK, serious question though- What are you guys using to pull the old tires off VTA rims? I need to get some fresh rubber mounted up soon, looking for the easiest / safest method....
A trash can and a 'reorder' button.

Some people use the acetone method, some the oven, some the boil. I prefer a new assembly. Invariably, one or more of the rims no longer turns true due to high speed meets with the boards. For me, since I get so much use from them in general, there's no use throwing good rubber on bad rims.

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #759
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Cristiano De Matta hit a deer at Road America in 2006. Nearly killed him.

Over the last two qualifying rounds at the local indoor offroad, I have made contact with at least five turnmarshals who either had their backs turned and were running in the driving line, or stepped out into the driving line. To say I was upset about it (and the potential to injure a turn marshal) would be radically under describing the situation.

I have no idea what I would do if I hit a dog. The poor baby.

A local racer has had success recently using a metal can with about a 1/2" of acetone to remove SC tires. I have had luck boiling off tires in a stock pot. If you cut the tires down to the beads (no matter what method you use) , it will work substantially better.
* Cee Lo Dizzle, the Secizzle * Red Bull * Team Homies * Pintura de Negro Mate * USVTA #152
CraigMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #760
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddww34 View Post
What's this I see? Is that a new VTA? It's only there for a few seconds. See it appear on the track 30 seconds into the video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjhvH_-05Jk
Very realistic...I'll take 2...lol
Old 05-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #761
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
A trash can and a 'reorder' button.

Some people use the acetone method, some the oven, some the boil. I prefer a new assembly. Invariably, one or more of the rims no longer turns true due to high speed meets with the boards. For me, since I get so much use from them in general, there's no use throwing good rubber on bad rims.
After having done the acetone method myself twice now, I have to agree. It's a huge pain and a big time sink.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #762
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

I just got done doing a few tires for a local racing friend using acetone and they came out perfect. I plan on doing my fronts when they give up the ghost.
mkiiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #763
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigMBA View Post
A local racer has had success recently using a metal can with about a 1/2" of acetone to remove SC tires. I have had luck boiling off tires in a stock pot. If you cut the tires down to the beads (no matter what method you use) , it will work substantially better.
Great, thanks for input. I don't smack boards much at all, so if they still run true I'm not spending for new rims.
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #764
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwilliams1 View Post
After having done the acetone method myself twice now, I have to agree. It's a huge pain and a big time sink.
How is it a time sink? Pour acetone into paint can. Put wheels with tires on them in paint can. Seal up. Come back 24 hours later. Tires and foams fall off of wheels. Wring acetone out of foam back into can (no sense wasting it). Toss tires and foams. Set wheels aside and let them dry for 24 hours. Total time invested: 15m over a 48 hour period (at most).

3 3Racing Sakura Zeros: Mustang Boss VTA // Lexus LFA USGT // MazdaSpeed 6 TC
Mini M03 & M05
Life is better with a soundtrack
FauxMako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:12 AM   #765
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

It's fun to cut the tire apart. You can see how much you really had left before it exploded!
* Cee Lo Dizzle, the Secizzle * Red Bull * Team Homies * Pintura de Negro Mate * USVTA #152
CraigMBA is offline   Reply With Quote