R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-10-2014, 09:49 PM   #7546
Tech Addict

I just want to confirm; I can use the Tekin Spec controller in VTA now?
I will no longer be "illegal" for using it?
gdcopbdcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:04 PM   #7547
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Correct, Tekin Spec, RS, RS Pro, RS Gen 2, and RSX... are all legal now!
PROMODVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:34 PM   #7548
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop View Post
I just want to confirm; I can use the Tekin Spec controller in VTA now?
Correcto-mondo vta just got a lot better, no?

Powered by Hotwings, Rolling Rock, and the urge to race toy cars...
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:59 PM   #7549
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE View Post
Correct, Tekin Spec, RS, RS Pro, RS Gen 2, and RSX... are all legal now!
Not just the Tekin Spec, but any of the ESC's listed on this page -->ROAR Approved Non-Timing ESC will be considered legal for USVTA Races.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:13 AM   #7550
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf_ekt View Post
I never tried it until Greg threw his digi program box on it and we went through it all. Once reverse strength was notched up (again reverse itself disabled) it was a whole new deal in terms of brake strength. When I throw the binders on hard it stops, and the motor makes that "I don't like this" sound But yeah it's the way to go. I think I'm going to pull the fan off mine, the motor may need it in the summer but the esc isn't taking much of a hammering with a 25.5 strapped to it.
yeah, unfortunately, I went the route of 'I'm not using reverse, why the heck does this value have to be so high' and set it like 25% or something like that.... man, what weak brakes I had - thankfully, I was running on a smallish track and couldn't really open the car up
Old 06-11-2014, 11:37 AM   #7551
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think the ESC rule is a good idea and it will just make it easier in the long run. Let ROAR do all of the testing. I will continue to run my Justock because it gets along with the Novak motor very nicely. Brakes are a non-issue.

Carolinas R/C Track Directory - https://sites.google.com/site/carolinasrctracklocator/
DarthRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:48 AM   #7552
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As a track owner it has made my job harder. But also as a track owner I wonder how many people will join vta as one of the barriers to joining in on the fun is gone. As a racer I just hope the motor rule holds as I believe as was said having no roar spec on 25.5 motors would make open motor be a nightmare
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:55 AM   #7553
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
As a track owner it has made my job harder. But also as a track owner I wonder how many people will join vta as one of the barriers to joining in on the fun is gone. As a racer I just hope the motor rule holds as I believe as was said having no roar spec on 25.5 motors would make open motor be a nightmare
Agreed
Old 06-11-2014, 01:02 PM   #7554
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I fail to see how itnwouldnbea nightmare with an open motor rule, as roar has now. (Not trying to or looking for a rule change, its good there is a difference betwenn USVTA and ROAR, just asking a ?)

My track runs ROAR, as do many others, and we have never had a motor issue. Everyone runs their favorite brand and we have different winners almost every week. No motor has proven to be faster than the NOVAK. I dont think this class is large enough for more tha one company to put any real R&D into it, so I dont think any motor companies are going crazy with their 25.5 motors
SMC - Motiv motors - Savox - Spectrum - Exotek.
The brighter the picture, the darker the negative. USVTA member #112
theproffesor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:18 PM   #7555
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theproffesor View Post
I fail to see how itnwouldnbea nightmare with an open motor rule, as roar has now. (Not trying to or looking for a rule change, its good there is a difference betwenn USVTA and ROAR, just asking a ?)

My track runs ROAR, as do many others, and we have never had a motor issue. Everyone runs their favorite brand and we have different winners almost every week. No motor has proven to be faster than the NOVAK. I dont think this class is large enough for more tha one company to put any real R&D into it, so I dont think any motor companies are going crazy with their 25.5 motors
after a year of runing roar rules I totaly agree with the Proffesor

Check it out >>> www.RaceVTA.com <<<
moparSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:37 PM   #7556
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

One step at a time gentlemen. The ESC rule change was big. I can't see another big swing in the rules so soon.

Carolinas R/C Track Directory - https://sites.google.com/site/carolinasrctracklocator/
DarthRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:04 PM   #7557
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

If both groups could meet on a weight, that would be awesome. But for now the rule change that allows more brands in the game is huge. A big step in the right direction... This will only help to grow the class.