R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-12-2014, 12:09 PM   #7171
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoKrosse View Post
Crispy, I'm only mildly considering the VBC at this point, the Associated chassis is my first choice for all the reasons mentioned. Still want to keep this VTA car manageable financially, and on the 'parts' end of things, so going away from Associated may be defeating that purpose.

Most of my time, $$$ and energy will be spent with the TC6.2, the VTA car will be to keep me active between the 6.2 races.

Thank for your input, it's appreciated.
Then buy a $119 Spec-R S2.

Seriously. I have a Spec-R R1, two S1s and now an S2. Great cars. The S series is perfect for VTA because they are Fiberglass chassis, plastic and steel bits (Not carbon fiber and aluminum). But then you don't have to add weight.
.crispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:36 PM   #7172
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf_ekt View Post
My .02 on this... Parts rarely break in VTA. I've run at least 4 brands of chassis and have yet to snap anything. Even with some decent hits. And practically any car will work, you don't need much in this class.
Ill have to agree. almost a full winter season on carpet with a assoc 6.1 and nothing broken at all. just wore out a set of tires thats all. the 6.1 is a tough car. i would recommend getting a used one.
dragonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:30 PM   #7173
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonracing View Post
Ill have to agree. almost a full winter season on carpet with a assoc 6.1 and nothing broken at all. just wore out a set of tires thats all. the 6.1 is a tough car. i would recommend getting a used one.
It applies to basically any car. The bigger tires absorb shock, the bodies (especially since most everyone reinforces them) absorb impacts, the 25.5's are slow... most anything can survive.

Powered by Hotwings, Rolling Rock, and the urge to race toy cars...
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:08 AM   #7174
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
It applies to basically any car. The bigger tires absorb shock, the bodies (especially since most everyone reinforces them) absorb impacts, the 25.5's are slow... most anything can survive.
that's what so great about this class. cheap rollers and equipment, I got beat this weekend by an old antiquated tc3 and a new 99.00 sakura. but I still had a blast racing them. anything works. and we typically don't see a lot of broken parts.
fermanracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:17 AM   #7175
Tech Elite

DNF... happens to the best of us. Previous time out it was me with the speed control shutting down during the race. The T(ank)C3 worked pretty well last weekend though. And yeah the Sakura worked nicely on it's first run, edged me out in the end. Hey, did you say something about having a 4-Tec ? Bet that thing wouldn't need any weight added Catch you guys at the next round.

Powered by Hotwings, Rolling Rock, and the urge to race toy cars...
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:31 AM   #7176
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fermanracer View Post
that's what so great about this class. cheap rollers and equipment, I got beat this weekend by an old antiquated tc3 and a new 99.00 sakura. but I still had a blast racing them. anything works. and we typically don't see a lot of broken parts.
now ur just exaggerating ... it's $109

ps check ur screws

Quote:
DNF... happens to the best of us. Previous time out it was me with the speed control shutting down during the race. The T(ank)C3 worked pretty well last weekend though. And yeah the Sakura worked nicely on it's first run, edged me out in the end. Hey, did you say something about having a 4-Tec ? Bet that thing wouldn't need any weight added Catch you guys at the next round.
Must be a Novak thing, we fixed that with a JUSTOCK and u had no problems in the main

Check it out >>> www.RaceVTA.com <<<
moparSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:41 AM   #7177
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

There's a guy that is running the knock-off of the knock-off and actually does fairly well.

Behold the $70! special -> http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Car_KIT_.html
mkiiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:45 AM   #7178
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiiina View Post
There's a guy that is running the knock-off of the knock-off and actually does fairly well.

Behold the $70! special -> http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Car_KIT_.html
thats just a rebadged for HobbyKing 3Racing Sakura ZERO Very good and competetive car from a few years back

Check it out >>> www.RaceVTA.com <<<
moparSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:50 AM   #7179
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparSRT View Post
now ur just exaggerating ... it's $109

ps check ur screws
I'm thinking about building a spec-r s2 just so we can go head-to-head. Battle of the cheapo-machines . It's only $10 bux more.