R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-03-2014, 08:11 AM   #6946
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mopar whats the purpose of whining? Thats all that seems to come out of you and professor. If y'all don't like what robk has then move to USGT or ROAR VTA. I personally love what robk has going with USVTA it brings in new racers like myself along with my dad which would have never thought about racing if it wasn't for the laid back and enjoyable atmosphere that goes with USVTA. Ya'll are just trying to form it into another TC class which I don't want to see happen. When potential new guys get on this thread particularly they end up being run off because of all the whining about wanting rule changes. Theres other class for you guys but its not here obviously with USVTA. Lets get back to the intent that robk has and I want for this class and bring in new people of racing.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:12 AM   #6947
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddww34 View Post
10 min mains? No. No. You can't even get your heart going in 10 minutes! It's impossible to break a sweat in 10 mins. We are running 15 min mains here in Texas. That's right, it's fifteen. 15 is the key number!
Woooow 15 min main that's a lot of laps
How many cars are you running in the A main
Old 05-03-2014, 08:49 AM   #6948
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

In regard to the Speed Passion motors cost, it has been my experience that their 21.5 motors require a timing board other than the one that comes stock. With this in mind, add about $20 to the price you find on their site for a board to make the motor competitive.

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:12 AM   #6949
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutDriver View Post
In regard to the Speed Passion motors cost, it has been my experience that their 21.5 motors require a timing board other than the one that comes stock. With this in mind, add about $20 to the price you find on their site for a board to make the motor competitive.
Does your 21.5 have adjustable timing or is it one of the first with locked timing ?
Im very happy with my SP 25.5, racing roar VTA for the last year it has been just as fast as anything out there with the stock black timing board

Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-dscn5457.jpg  

Check it out >>> www.RaceVTA.com <<<
moparSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:21 AM   #6950
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have the same endbell as your pics. I have the stock board, a +20, and a +30 board for my 21.5 motor. I'll have to give the SP 25.5 a shot for when I run a track that uses ROAR VTA rules.

Scott

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:22 AM   #6951
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparSRT View Post
Does your 21.5 have adjustable timing or is it one of the first with locked timing ?
Im very happy with my SP 25.5, racing roar VTA for the last year it has been just as fast as anything out there with the stock black timing board

mopar give it a rest, some of these guys only act like bickering old ladies cause that all they have in life. these heated topics go back 1500 pages, don't waste your time. this is a discussion forum, not a bitch session.
fermanracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:44 AM   #6952
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks fermanracer. This is a great class I think we can all agree on that or there wouldn't be this much bickering about it.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #6953
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

How is your actual VTA racing going this weekend. We race on Friday nights in Indy and it was a good night. The track director setup up a very technical layout, which kept the racing close in the mains.

I was having transponder issues with my tub TC4, however another racer stepped up and let me use his tub TC4 (that I helped setup) in the B-main. Car handled great and I was able to win and get a bump-up to the A-main.

In the A-main I was able to borrow a different racer's TC4 (which I also helped setup). I got a great start and got as high as 2nd place. The car was a bit tight due to really soft rears (too much Paragon). I dropped back to 4th but was able to battle back and take 3rd by a nose. 2nd place was a TC3 (that I also help setup) and 1st was a Tamiya TA-05.

I was able to show both racers that their "old tub chassis" cars were capable of finishing on the podium, which put a smile on their faces. Plus it was fun & a bit nerve-wracking trying to see just how good I could finish.

(FYI my tub chassis TC4 weighs over 1550 grams in part due to running 5 year old electronics & 2+ year old Novak 25.5 - and it is still capable of A-main qualifying at big events).

----------

We can endlessly debate rules/changes or we can get out to the track and help everyone have some fun racing VTA. I hope you had the choice to do the latter this weekend instead of the former.

Last edited by IndyRC_Racer; 05-03-2014 at 03:45 PM.
IndyRC_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:25 PM   #6954
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer View Post
How is your actual VTA racing going this weekend. ....
Busy building and painting, decided to put my old tubs on the shelf and try something new, picked up a 3Racing XI Sport for under $120 Racing it next weekend, cant wait

Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-dscn5460.jpg  

Check it out >>> www.RaceVTA.com <<<
moparSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:41 PM   #6955
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer View Post

We can endlessly debate rules/changes
You can add pointless, as they aren't broken and aren't going to change.

Quote:
or we can get out to the track and help everyone have some fun racing VTA. I hope you had the choice to be the latter this weekend instead of the former.
^This.
* Cee Lo Dizzle, the Secizzle * Red Bull * Team Homies * Pintura de Negro Mate * USVTA #152
CraigMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:28 PM   #6956
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
I think USVTA would get a lot more interest if more of the old series cars became 'magically' available
I dont believe i said anything about "magically" appearing.I simply said i would most likely return to vta if a dart were to be made..I didnt say i want my tc3 to weigh less or my trinity motor to be legal, or my tekin rs spec or my 9000 c lipo
Old 05-03-2014, 04:40 PM   #6957
Tech Master

Just saw this on Facebook. What a beauty! 1969 Corvette new from Vaterra. No, it's clearly not VTA legal, but those of us who run VTA because we love that era of car will appreciate it.

http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2014...v100-s-lineup/

Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-image.jpg  
USVTA #144
IndyHobbies.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:03 PM   #6958
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com View Post
Just saw this on Facebook. What a beauty! 1969 Corvette new from Vaterra. No, it's clearly not VTA legal, but those of us who run VTA because we love that era of car will appreciate it.

http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2014...v100-s-lineup/

Thats a pretty car
Old 05-03-2014, 08:14 PM   #6959
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodchevy14 View Post
Thats a pretty car
Unfortunately, it looks like it would last about 1 race day for most folks. Nice shell though.

yeah. i know.
mikel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:20 PM   #6960
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel33 View Post
Unfortunately, it looks like it would last about 1 race day for most folks. Nice shell though.
True, I can picture it now, sliding across the asphalt on its roof...bye bye pretty