Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceDayHobbies View Post
I do not know how they did.
Hopefully this is not legal or a trend.
It will ruin the class.
what kind of proof do you have? any pics of these modified bodies?
Old 05-02-2014, 05:49 PM   #6902
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fermanracer View Post
not trying to be negative
Too bad, you were certainly succeeding.

Any rule changes in any sanctioning body should improve:

- cost containment
- competition
- safety

If it doesn't improve (at a minimum) one of these for all competitors while not negatively effecting the other two, it's a bad change.

Personally, the current program and lack of rule changes is why I love VTA. The car I ran three seasons ago remains competitive with zero changes.
* Cee Lo Dizzle, the Secizzle * Red Bull * Team Homies * Pintura de Negro Mate * USVTA #152
CraigMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:54 PM   #6903
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
what kind of proof do you have? any pics of these modified bodies?
why would they waste their time doing this, wouldn't you just lower your post mounts and trim the bottom. wouldn't your front tires rub in the front.
fermanracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:00 PM   #6904
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigMBA View Post
Too bad, you were certainly succeeding.

Any rule changes in any sanctioning body should improve:

- cost containment
- competition
- safety

If it doesn't improve (at a minimum) one of these for all competitors while not negatively effecting the other two, it's a bad change.

Personally, the current program and lack of rule changes is why I love VTA. The car I ran three seasons ago remains competitive with zero changes.
cost containment really, novak 25.5 motors are 90.00. right and there are 35.00 25.5 motors out there, hw justock is 59.00 retail and novak edge is 99.00. only stating the obvious.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:03 PM   #6905
Tech Champion

Quote:
cost containment really, novak 25.5 motors are 90.00. right and there are 35.00 25.5 motors out there, hw justock is 59.00 retail and novak edge is 99.00. only stating the obvious.
just give it a rest. you don't like it, run another class - or create your own set of rules that is pretty much followed coast-to-coast
Old 05-02-2014, 06:15 PM   #6906
Tech Master

[QUOTE=k_bojar;13232485]just give it a rest. you don't like it, run another class - or create your own set of rules that is pretty much followed coast-to-coast[/ wow ok you have negative comments. see ya
Old 05-02-2014, 06:26 PM   #6907
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
just give it a rest. you don't like it, run another class - or create your own set of rules that is pretty much followed coast-to-coast
like I said not trying to be negative, just bringing stuff to light,
Old 05-02-2014, 06:43 PM   #6908
Tech Champion

Quote:
but you're not.

the deal with the justock is bringing things to light... going on and on about how you think the weight should be changed for blah, blah blah reason - isn't being helpful at all...

just trying to beat a dead horse
Old 05-02-2014, 06:44 PM   #6909
Tech Adept

Quote:
why would they waste their time doing this, wouldn't you just lower your post mounts and trim the bottom. wouldn't your front tires rub in the front.
I don't have any proof. I was told it was happening. That is why I am trying to confirm it was or was not happening,

You would do it because by the rules you have to trim the body on the molded body line. So you can't just lower the body on the posts or it would drag. But if you took a horizontal section out of the middle, you would lower the body even if you used the stock trim lines.

I would love to hear from the rules makers if this is legal or not.
RaceDayHobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:49 PM   #6910
Tech Champion

Quote:
I don't have any proof. I was told it was happening. That is why I am trying to confirm it was or was not happening,

You would do it because by the rules you have to trim the body on the molded body line. So you can't just lower the body on the posts or it would drag. But if you took a horizontal section out of the middle, you would lower the body even if you used the stock trim lines.

sounds like complete BS to me

most likely its someone just complaining because they were beat by someone.

fairly certain it wouldn't be legal. I know if I saw someone at my track, they wouldn't be able to run it
Old 05-02-2014, 06:50 PM   #6911
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
It is just the fact that the same things come up over and over. Normally it's about novak being the only motor allowed or X speed controller not being legal. I don't really know why people are so up in arms about the 1550g weight. Big deal add some weights and get over it. It's not that hard and if you think it's hard you really have an easy life if this is what causes you grief. As said before; a heavy car is easier for new drivers to control. This class is trying to appeal to ALL types of drivers new and old, fast and slow. USVTA seems to be the starting ground for most newcomers. I don't know about you, but I want onroad and RC to grow. We need to make things easier for new people getting into this and allow them to get in with a less expensive car that can still be raced with the top people when they get better and not make them feel like they need to shell out big bucks to compete. Having a class like this with easy to follow and straight forward rules makes it simple for someone to get a car and get racing in this class.
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:53 PM   #6912
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis S View Post
It is just the fact that the same things come up over and over. Normally it's about novak being the only motor allowed or X speed controller not being legal. I don't really know why people are so up in arms about the 1550g weight. Big deal add some weights and get over it. It's not that hard and if you think it's hard you really have an easy life if this is what causes you grief. As said before; a heavy car is easier for new drivers to control. This class is trying to appeal to ALL types of drivers new and old, fast and slow. USVTA seems to be the starting ground for most newcomers. I don't know about you, but I want onroad and RC to grow. We need to make things easier for new people getting into this and allow them to get in with a less expensive car that can still be raced with the top people when they get better and not make them feel like they need to shell out big bucks to compete. Having a class like this with easy to follow and straight forward rules makes it simple for someone to get a car and get racing in this class.
understood travis, I am new to vta so I see your point.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:59 PM   #6913
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:

This is cosmically awesome...just because the tiny kernel of truth has blossomed into something this crazy.

One of the locals has a USGT body he cut down, a modern Protoform Camaro. I'm pretty sure this is what these guys are talking about. IT was absolutely not a trans am body.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:02 PM   #6914
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
This is cosmically awesome...just because the tiny kernel of truth has blossomed into something this crazy.

One of the locals has a USGT body he cut down, a modern Protoform Camaro. I'm pretty sure this is what these guys are talking about. IT was absolutely not a trans am body.
are you sure, Rob?? were you there, you know, checking out the scene and getting a real feel on the pulse or USVTA racing?? or are you sitting in a crystal palace somewhere handing out edicts for rules??

just kidding
Old 05-02-2014, 08:02 PM   #6915
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Just found this on the HobbyWing website at the bottom of the Justock page.

ESC can be loaded with many different firmwares by user himself.

The options with italic font in the above table are the default settings (factory settings)*of the ESC.

(* The programmable items and the default settings maybe changed in different firmware versions without*prior notification.)*

I don't know how long its been there, but it clearly states it is update-able.

In the chart above its states timing is Locke at zero and unprogrammable. But the last statement says programmable items can can changed without notice. I have a HobbyWing but I find that statement disturbing. I am sure its just legal mumbo crap so they dont get sued, and I highly doubt they would change the timing on an old ESC that's sold as zero timing, but its there and it means it can be done. I hate to say it, but there is concern right there.

I would be interested to know hiw long these statement have been on the website. If the ESC was approved with the statements in place, then it can't be said that we were unaware of what the HW was capable of.
SMC - Motiv motors - Savox - Spectrum - Exotek.
The brighter the picture, the darker the negative. USVTA member #112
theproffesor is online now   Reply With Quote