R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-19-2014, 06:34 AM   #5971
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

We'll it is true Batman was able to pull out another Thunder Jam win!

It was a great day of racing with Batman, Mike Jones in second and myself Jason Graham in third.

However when it come to the 50 lap breakout race for $50.00 I was able to take the cash home. Started off in the middle of the pack but most of the guys ahead got greedy and broke out. Then came the team mate blocks, (Mike Jones for Cody) :-) the Eric Anderson intentional wrecks with his 12 scale the people who was walking across the track while people were trying to race. All in all it was a fun time and I'm $50.00 richer which will pay for the body I destroyed in the process!
Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-image.jpg  
jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:15 AM   #5972
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post

It was a great day of racing with Batman, Mike Jones in second and myself Jason Graham in third.

However when it come to the 50 lap breakout race for $50.00 I was able to take the cash home. Started off in the middle of the pack but most of the guys ahead got greedy and broke out. Then came the team mate blocks, (Mike Jones for Cody) :-) the Eric Anderson intentional wrecks with his 12 scale the people who was walking across the track while people were trying to race. All in all it was a fun time and I'm $50.00 richer which will pay for the body I destroyed in the process!
oh go ahead and run it still a little heat gun work and its almost as good as new..... Great job and consistent runs by you and the front runners. although I will say the main was a tad crowded on the stand. if given the chance again for that large of a group id better bring a ladder on the stand then Ill get a "heads up" on everyone.
freebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:35 AM   #5973
Tech Champion

I don't mean to pull you away from what you were talking about, but I would be interested in hearing about your technique for working out body damage with a heat gun.

Sorry I couldn't make it to Thunder Jam, but my real car laid down on me and is waiting on an estimated $600+ repair. Still beats having a payment. Glad to hear that it went well.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:01 PM   #5974
Tech Addict

Quote:

I believe you got that J71 for free as a door prize at the Nationals...
.crispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:06 PM   #5975
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow — never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long — you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:29 PM   #5976
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
I don't mean to pull you away from what you were talking about, but I would be interested in hearing about your technique for working out body damage with a heat gun.

Sorry I couldn't make it to Thunder Jam, but my real car laid down on me and is waiting on an estimated $600+ repair. Still beats having a payment. Glad to hear that it went well.
careful attention………. if you've got a heat gun, I'm not sure if a hair dryer would work, gradually heat up the dent or crease moving;waiving the heat on the affected area. your doing this from the outside on the body. The dent will pull back into a memory that it was molded in. you can see the plastic move when applying the heat when you see it moving keep the heat moving never point and stop the waiving movement. Ive got a setting heat gun so i will alternate my setting not to get the plastic to its melting point and burning the paint too. This is the same theory as moving sheets metal with heat. When I say moving I mean small dents and such. There might be a utube video somewhere on that but not sure. you can save that perfect body for another race this way and keep it looking good for along time.
freebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:41 PM   #5977
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Pro tip - try to use the heat gun on a body you don't care about for practice.
* Cee Lo Dizzle, the Secizzle * Red Bull * Team Homies * Pintura de Negro Mate * USVTA #152
CraigMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:32 PM   #5978
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy112 View Post
Dont hold your breathe on it sparky.....Im going to make you work for it if you do.
Quote:
No chance of that this year, I'll be there.
AND THE 2014 THUNDER JAM VI CHAMPION IS......

BATTMAN

for the 4th time in 6 years......
January 21, 2017 Thunder RC Raceway
http://events.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?id=5313
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:27 AM   #5979
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Congrats, Myron!

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:40 AM   #5980
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
AND THE 2014 THUNDER JAM VI CHAMPION IS......

BATTMAN

for the 4th time in 6 years......
What good is a win without the chance to dance in the end field.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:51 PM   #5981
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Will the most current announcements by NOVAK have any impact on the USVTA? (Does anyone know)

I know when ORION did similar a few years ago, it changed our products that we were using for our oval series -

Here is NOVAK's announcement:

INDUSTRY ANNOUNCEMENT
We are proud to announce that Novak R/C has partnered with Hobbico/Great Planes to exclusively distribute our full line in North and South America. This partnership will allow us to focus our strengths in design and manufacturing, while welcoming Hobbico's distribution and marketing expertise.

Hobbico has distributed Novak products for over 25 years, and is the industry leader. We are committed to providing dealers and customers with premier electronic speed controls, motors, and accessories, and have plans for releasing several exciting products in 2014. We will be working more closely with Hobbico on its marketing efforts to keep dealers up to date so they have the information and knowledge to better serve our customers.

This exclusive distributor partnership goes into effect on January 20, 2014
...will the SWT be revived? Time will tell, but we ARE returning to the VELODROME in 2016
SWTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:52 PM   #5982
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I don't see why it would. HPI entered into the same deal and their tires are still the spec for the class.

Carolinas R/C Track Directory - https://sites.google.com/site/carolinasrctracklocator/
DarthRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:40 PM   #5983
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTour View Post
Will the most current announcements by NOVAK have any impact on the USVTA? (Does anyone know)

I know when ORION did similar a few years ago, it changed our products that we were using for our oval series -

Here is NOVAK's announcement:

INDUSTRY ANNOUNCEMENT
We are proud to announce that Novak R/C has partnered with Hobbico/Great Planes to exclusively distribute our full line in North and South America. This partnership will allow us to focus our strengths in design and manufacturing, while welcoming Hobbico's distribution and marketing expertise.

Hobbico has distributed Novak products for over 25 years, and is the industry leader. We are committed to providing dealers and customers with premier electronic speed controls, motors, and accessories, and have plans for releasing several exciting products in 2014. We will be working more closely with Hobbico on its marketing efforts to keep dealers up to date so they have the information and knowledge to better serve our customers.

This exclusive distributor partnership goes into effect on January 20, 2014
I think we will be OK.

It will really take the buyer at Hobbico some getting used to with an increased demand from Tower and GP sides of the Hobbico network.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:45 PM   #5984
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTour View Post

Considering I bought my VTA stuff from Tower, I think were okay. Three years later, same motor.
* Cee Lo Dizzle, the Secizzle * Red Bull * Team Homies * Pintura de Negro Mate * USVTA #152
CraigMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:45 PM   #5985
Tech Rookie

Default When to use a gear diff vs spool

I'm running two SpecR-R1's in our VTA and Stock touring classes at my local club races. I retired my older SpecR-S1 and it is now my spare parts car. Because of this I have an extra gear diff to use as I wish. We race on a large carpet track with crazy amounts of grip. Both cars have a spool up front for now and I have been pretty happy with them. So my question is which car would benefit the most (if any) by switching the front spool to a gear diff?
Ziggo is offline   Reply With Quote