R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-10-2014, 06:32 AM   #5911
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
i'd like some feedback on 'drivers'. those lexan inserts look lame. our good buddy Barry runs a rubber ducky. what other non-lexan "toys" would be "legal" for serious vta racing??
Just discussed. Read back about two or three pages.
.crispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:39 AM   #5912
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .crispy View Post
Just discussed. Read back about two or three pages.
oh..sorry, dont know how i missed that.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:44 AM   #5913
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigMBA View Post
This.

VTA is not a class about getting the best stuff. It's a class about getting the best out of the stuff you have.

And that's the fun part.

amen to that
flag72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:06 AM   #5914
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
oh..sorry, dont know how i missed that.
Start at post #5774.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:41 PM   #5915
Tech Addict

I was looking on line to find some photo documentation for authentic Trans Am paint schemes when I stumbled across documentation of 911 Porsches and Alphas running in the Trans AM race (Mid Ohio 1969 to name just one) along with the typical muscle cars (Camaros, Mustangs, Firebirds, Javelins, 'Cudas etc.). Really would be cool to see a Trans Am RC Porsche out there bashing it out with the rest of the American muscle cars! I know its not an approved body, but why not?
John Wallace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:17 PM   #5916
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My understanding of that is they were in a separate class which was run at the same time. GTU maybe. I think you can find it in the old thread. The link to which is in the first post on this thread. You will have to dig for it but it's in there.

There have been some that campaigned for the Porsche to be a legal shell as well as the Alfa Romeo and the Datsun 240z. Also in the old VTA thread. I have heard of clubs that ran with M chassis cars wrapped in GTU shells mixed into the VTA field, but scored separately. I don't know how to set up RC Scoring Pro to do that. It does sound like fun.

I have wanted VTA to be things that it wasn't through the years, counting bodies and wheels that I wanted to be allowed, but then Robk announced the birth of USGT. That really eased the pain for me.

Last edited by snoopyrc; 01-10-2014 at 09:55 PM.
snoopyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:37 PM   #5917
Tech Addict

think it was like up to 2.0l and over 2L

Check it out >>> www.RaceVTA.com <<<
moparSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:13 PM   #5918
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The GTO and GTU (and GTP) classes were from the IMSA (International Motor Sports Association)

The Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) developed the Trans American Sedan Championship in 1966. Originally the series was open to FIA Group 2 Touring Cars and it featured two classes, Over 2.0 Liter and Under 2.0 Liter, with both classes running together.

I don't know about RCScoring Pro, but I know in Autoscore you can drag cars into a heat or main from more than 1 class - and it can score them separate.
...will the SWT be revived? Time will tell, but we ARE returning to the VELODROME in 2016
SWTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:15 AM   #5919
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post

M chassis cars [?]
Like the HPI Cup Racer cars (or what they called true 1/10th scale)? See mine below sandwiched beween my Trans Am Camaro and my F1. Would love to put a 25.5 in that and 100+grams and run with the Trans Am guys. That would be fun and realistic from the pictures I saw from the Mid Ohio Race.
Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-dsc_0071-porsche-web.jpg  
John Wallace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:33 AM   #5920
Tech Champion

That sounds like fun. To do a race like that. I don't know of many clubs that could pull that off every weekend, but a once in awhile race could happen, I think. The track I used to have was big enough to run a dozen cars or more, but I ran out of space on the drivers stand. What's awesome is that today's radio's can handle that and still not too much of a chance of glitching.

But that opens up a new can of worms. What would the rules be regarding the GTU class? Would they be run on M chassis or the mini touring cars. That would be cool if more of them were available. I think the HPI club racer is discontinued. Don't know about the ABC stuff like the genetic or the mongoose. There are conversions to shrink some of the standard size TC down to the mini. I guess you could use standard sized touring car chassis, but that doesn't go well with the look and I don't think there are many shells available. OK what were we talking about?
Old 01-11-2014, 05:51 AM   #5921
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wallace2 View Post
Like the HPI Cup Racer cars (or what they called true 1/10th scale)? See mine below sandwiched beween my Trans Am Camaro and my F1. Would love to put a 25.5 in that and 100+grams and run with the Trans Am guys. That would be fun and realistic from the pictures I saw from the Mid Ohio Race.
Cup Racer would be ideal for that. The Porsche and 240z shells would work. HPI had another Datsun shell, but I don't know if it was run in the GTU class. Someone made an Alfa Romeo shell for m chassis, but I haven't seen one in years. Don't know about the other small Mazda and Datsun cars that might have run.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:25 PM   #5922
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Just wondering about some setup help for my xray t3 2012 in vta. My issue is it runs great for the first 3 minutes then gets really tight almost like the rear is gripping too much and causing it to not rotate at all after 3 minutes my lap times go down from 8.1-8.3's to like 8.8-9.0's we run 6 minutes heats so 1/2 second per lap equals about 8-9 seconds or a whole lap on our track. Which kinda sucks because i'm just as fast as anyone else for the first 3 minutes then just fall off and barely hold on to 2 or 3 spot.

So my main question is where should i start to stop this? Our track is medium grip carpet. Should i start with roll centres or sway bars or shocks oil,springs, shock angle? My setup is pretty basic 3.0 front springs 2.6 rear with 35wt shock oil 1.2 rear bar 1.4 front bar. Lower arm roll centres are at 0 2000wt rear gear diff front solid axle medium chassis flex shock angles pretty much in the middle stock camber links and spacers.

Any idea where to start would be awesome thanks guys
Justin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:55 PM   #5923
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
That sounds like fun. To do a race like that. I don't know of many clubs that could pull that off every weekend, but a once in awhile race could happen, I think. The track I used to have was big enough to run a dozen cars or more, but I ran out of space on the drivers stand. What's awesome is that today's radio's can handle that and still not too much of a chance of glitching.

But that opens up a new can of worms. What would the rules be regarding the GTU class? Would they be run on M chassis or the mini touring cars. That would be cool if more of them were available. I think the HPI club racer is discontinued. Don't know about the ABC stuff like the genetic or the mongoose. There are conversions to shrink some of the standard size TC down to the mini. I guess you could use standard sized touring car chassis, but that doesn't go well with the look and I don't think there are many shells available. OK what were we talking about?
I'm ready. Let's rock!

Old 01-11-2014, 06:23 PM   #5924
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jonesy112

I remember that car.....

RC America - X-Ray - Team EA Motorsports - RockStar Paint - Apex RC Proshop - ProOne Tires
Jonesy112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:33 PM   #5925
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy112 View Post
I remember that car.....
Top heavy. Corners are so grabby that I couldn't drive off a rail if it was at a 45 degree angle. Shelf queen now.