R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #5551
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
great guys - thanks for the help.
i've been running ORCAs for the past year --- not sure what is the best option for me

John Choi did a FANTASTIC job at the Halloween Classic. Just looking to see if we can improve upon that, if at all. I'm taking a note from the Mike Haynes playbook and will be starting w/ the Parma 10113 - 1970 'Cuda.
I have also been using ORCA in TC and 1/12 and the Hobbywing Justock feels great for me in VTA.
PROMODVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #5552
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
great guys - thanks for the help.
i've been running ORCAs for the past year --- not sure what is the best option for me

John Choi did a FANTASTIC job at the Halloween Classic. Just looking to see if we can improve upon that, if at all. I'm taking a note from the Mike Haynes playbook and will be starting w/ the Parma 10113 - 1970 'Cuda.
that's the last body I ran prior to my go to J71. I just started running that again, and haven't quite gotten the car right. I had too much steering (which I've been working on), but with the Cuda I had the car setup awesome. Was trying a J71 since they last a long time and with all the other chassis' I ran they worked very well. I'll find the sweet spot on this one yet. I also intend on trying my old setup for that body again, and John Choi's setup, to see what I can get out of it.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #5553
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanhighz View Post
that's the last body I ran prior to my go to J71. I just started running that again, and haven't quite gotten the car right. I had too much steering (which I've been working on), but with the Cuda I had the car setup awesome. Was trying a J71 since they last a long time and with all the other chassis' I ran they worked very well. I'll find the sweet spot on this one yet. I also intend on trying my old setup for that body again, and John Choi's setup, to see what I can get out of it.
interesting info about the body. i like one piece bodies --- i'm also looking at the mcallistair pontiac.

i'd also recommend trying Karl's tq+win setup from the classic. it has many characteristics that have helped my car -- like the shock/spring and sway bar setup in tc.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #5554
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
interesting info about the body. i like one piece bodies --- i'm also looking at the mcallistair pontiac.

Yea, I found the Cuda to be very neutral, less turn in. The J71 definitely likes to turnmore.

i'd also recommend trying Karl's tq+win setup from the classic. it has many characteristics that have helped my car -- like the shock/spring and sway bar setup in tc.
Yea, I found the Cuda to be very neutral, less turn in. The J71 definitely likes to turn more.

I have two more wires to finish on my USA spec and I'll be running the same setup in USGT and 17.5. I've been so busy with work, the car has been built since about two weeks after I bought it and haven't finished everything else, but I also didn't want to rush it because I want to make sure it's right. Can't wait to start running it.

I've been very tempted on Mcallister bodies also, but I'd need to talk to Gordon about getting them, or just order for myself and fork over shipping.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:44 AM   #5555
Tech Rookie

have a TEAM LOSI JRXS TYPE R.VTA With lots of parts New upgrades,like BOCA bearings throughout the whole car A BRAND NEW MYLAPS RC4 HYBRID TRANSPONDER,2 NEW TURNIGY 4.0 30-40C DISCHARGE 7.4V LIPOS 1 WITH 30MIN ON IT AND THE OTHER STILL IN THE BOX.NEW JR HI TORQUE SERVO, IT COMES WITH A DIRT BAGZ AND SPEKTRUM DX2S 2.4GHZ RADIO AND RECEIVER ,ALSO A 25.5 BALLISTIC NOVAK BRUSHLESS MOTOR WITH A EDGE SPEED CONTROL , I ALSO HAVE ALL THE MANUALS FOR EVERYTHING I AM ALSO GIVING YOU SOME NEW TOOLS TO GO WITH EVERYTHING.NOT IN THE PICKS IS A MUSTANG G.T.350 BODY AS WELL. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS CALL ME AT 850-207-7715 CALL AFTER 4:00 MON.-FRI. ANY TIME -SAT.SUN. OR TEXT I AM SELLING IT ON EBAY you can look it up by Team Losi Jr Xs Type R 1/10th Scale Expert Racing Sedan With Lots Of Parts Ext. Sorry i am still trying to learn this so i am having a hard time putting in picks lol. price 650.00 or best offer
jpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #5556
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Omaha is the place to be in January!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nebraska...nationals.html

"If God had meant for us to drive through the front wheels, he never would have allowed us to invent the ring & pinion"
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #5557
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Omaha in January? Won't I need an Iditarod team to make it?

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #5558
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutDriver View Post
Omaha in January? Won't I need an Iditarod team to make it?
Nah, I've always considered the winters here to be pretty mild. I don't even put my motorcycle away for the winter.

"If God had meant for us to drive through the front wheels, he never would have allowed us to invent the ring & pinion"
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:35 AM   #5559
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Lol...
January 21, 2017 Thunder RC Raceway
http://events.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?id=5313
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #5560
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I live in Western NC. Someone said "snow" the other day, so we all had to rush the grocery stores and buy all of the milk and bread.

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #5561
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:

FWIW, the 2 piece bodies I've used have held up better than the 1 piece units, and the best body I've used (from a performance standpoint) is the J71. Still have yet to try either of the Firebirds, but should get to try the PF Firebird this coming weekend.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #5562
Tech Rookie

I HAVE LOSI JRXS TYPE R FOR SALE GOT TO GO 550 ON EBAY OR MAKE ME A OFFER. CALL ME AT 850-207-7715 AND WE WILL TALK LOOK IT UP BY Team Losi Jr Xs Type R 1/10th Scale Expert Racing Sedan With Lots Of Parts Ext.
jpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #5563
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters View Post
I HAVE LOSI JRXS TYPE R FOR SALE GOT TO GO 550 ON EBAY OR MAKE ME A OFFER. CALL ME AT 850-207-7715 AND WE WILL TALK LOOK IT UP BY Team Losi Jr Xs Type R 1/10th Scale Expert Racing Sedan With Lots Of Parts Ext.
We got it... You already said this 2 other times now. Put it in the for sale section and bump it 1 time a day per rules. However it is an ebay listing so you prob get it deleted...
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #5564
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis S View Post
We got it... You already said this 2 other times now. Put it in the for sale section and bump it 1 time a day per rules. However it is an ebay listing so you prob get it deleted...
^^^ This. Sick of seeing this dude's ad all over. The hundreds of people that are likely subscribed to this thread likely don't care, either. Where's a moderator when you need one?
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:26 AM   #5565
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

FYI, click on the Triangle icon under the Trader Rating link to report a single post (which I did for jpeters most recent post)