R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #5491
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Its amazing what that blue and that meatball do for that Mustang. Also how did you like the build on the Spec-R? Was the quality of the parts good? Did it go together well? Has anyone tired the VBC VTA car yet? The Ghost?
Old 11-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #5492
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I thought the build went smooth. I had it finished in @ 5 hours. The plastic seems of good quality. There was a fair amount of flash from the manufacturing process that had to be cleaned up with a hobby knife though....But I'm used to building Team Durango kits so I am spoiled....As far as the wing, it is a little cartoonish looking now that you mention it
Old 11-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #5493
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I love how TD laser etches everything. Different color anodizing on little bits. I have Never seen the Durango TC in person, but I have been eyeballing a VBC for VTA and thats what I like about their stuff too. And Yokomo, I wish I could afford their stuff. Even if it's all the same color.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #5494
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
I love how TD laser etches everything. Different color anodizing on little bits. I have Never seen the Durango TC in person
It's coming........
Old 11-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #5495
Tech Master

I just shipped a box of full of these five VTA bodies to a racer up in CT today. Been working on them on and off the last couple of weeks (More pictures in the VTA paint thread if you want to see more).

I just love this class! VTA is the reason I started running on-road. All my son and I had done prior was off-road. Nothing wrong with off-road its fun too for sure, but VTA is well, you know...

The muscle cars in the 60's/70's were awesome at the time and still awesome now. I had a 72 Mustang but its long gone. Being able to own an R/C version of these beasties is just great. I imagine for some guys VTA is just another TC class with a vintage clam shell on top, but for most of us its more.
Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-challenger77samposey01r.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-cudagenerallee03r.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-javelinrwb01r.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-sunococamaro01r.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-parnellijonesbossmustang05r.jpg  

USVTA #144
IndyHobbies.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #5496
ASM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com View Post
I just shipped a box of full of these five VTA bodies to a racer up in CT today. Been working on them on and off the last couple of weeks (More pictures in the VTA paint thread if you want to see more).

I just love this class! VTA is the reason I started running on-road. All my son and I had done prior was off-road. Nothing wrong with off-road its fun too for sure, but VTA is well, you know...

The muscle cars in the 60's/70's were awesome at the time and still awesome now. I had a 72 Mustang but its long gone. Being able to own an R/C version of these beasties is just great. I imagine for some guys VTA is just another TC class with a vintage clam shell on top, but for most of us its more.
+1

I had quit running sedan after many years of seemingly racing somewhere different almost every weekend throughout the state of FL. After about a 2yr or so layoff, I showed up one day to a local race to watch. The VTA class reeled me back in. It brought back a lot of memories as well. I only run VTA...though at times I have thoughts of getting back into sedan. VTA has brought the fun back in it for me.

Though not a Trans-Am car, I did have a 1971 Olds Cutlass S.

2016 ROAR Region 4 VTA Champion
USVTA Member #116
ASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #5497
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

What vta body seems to be the best handling body to date? I am interested in the firebird because no one is running them at my track. I wanted something different. But I read somewhere that the wheels rub on front hood. Anyone else had same experience?
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:25 PM   #5498
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It didn't win - but watching the video from the Halloween Classic race a couple weeks ago, the McAllister Firebird on Rob Brandow's car appeared to be THE Fasted VTA car in the field. *driver hit a couple bumps in the road.
...will the SWT be revived? Time will tell, but we ARE returning to the VELODROME in 2016
SWTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #5499
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
What vta body seems to be the best handling body to date? I am interested in the firebird because no one is running them at my track. I wanted something different. But I read somewhere that the wheels rub on front hood. Anyone else had same experience?
If you are talking about the protoform firebird, I love the looks but for me the nose has been too easy to smash in, even from minor collisions. if you get one, I'd suggest a lot of shoe goo in that area to add strength.

The j71 is my favorite still... it holds up well and handles good too. Looks great, I will probably run one every time from here on out...