R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #5386
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 161
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Anybody running the speed passion cirtix speedo and if so how do you like it?
gordondude24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #5387
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 7,651
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordondude24 View Post
Anybody running the speed passion cirtix speedo and if so how do you like it?
Ive run it...really good solid esc....Dave ran one at Snowbirds 2012 and won, and Jason G, runs one and he is always fast with it...
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/RockStar Paint, LLC
THUNDER JAM IX Snowbirds Warm-up
January 21, 2017 Thunder RC Raceway
http://events.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?id=5313
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #5388
Tech Addict
 
moparSRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordondude24 View Post
Anybody running the speed passion cirtix speedo and if so how do you like it?
had it and liked it ... but now using HW Justock, check it out
__________________
2014 IFMAR Warm-Up Pics >>> www.rcactionpics.com <<<

Check it out >>> www.RaceVTA.com <<<
moparSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #5389
Tech Elite
 
wwddww34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 2,555
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Here's some food for thought. With the recent surge in 25.5T offerings from electric motor manufacturers (Reedy, Tekin, Viper, Trinity, Speed Passion, etc.) you have to ask "why now?". Where were these guys in 2009-2010 when the only company who considered USVTA a practical class was Novak Electronics?
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/groups/BananaRaceway/
wwddww34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #5390
Tech Champion
 
SteveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 5,631
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparSRT View Post
had it and liked it ... but now using HW Justock, check it out
+1
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:57 AM   #5391
Tech Addict
 
moparSRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddww34 View Post
Here's some food for thought. With the recent surge in 25.5T offerings from electric motor manufacturers (Reedy, Tekin, Viper, Trinity, Speed Passion, etc.) you have to ask "why now?". Where were these guys in 2009-2010 when the only company who considered USVTA a practical class was Novak Electronics?
09-10 we used 21.5t in usvta, and at that time 21.5 was available from most manufacturers.

Tekin, Viper, Trinity, Speed Passion, ORION, etc. all have 25.5 motors for years now, only the reedy is new.
__________________
2014 IFMAR Warm-Up Pics >>> www.rcactionpics.com <<<

Check it out >>> www.RaceVTA.com <<<
moparSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #5392
Tech Addict
 
bigcracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 589
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

What motors can we run within the rules. Still just novak?
bigcracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:01 AM   #5393
Tech Champion
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,043
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Yup.
__________________
www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:08 AM   #5394
Tech Elite
 
wwddww34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 2,555
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcracing View Post
What motors can we run within the rules. Still just novak?
Novak SS25.5 Pro brushless motor (pn:3425V) Ballistic 25.5 (pn:3625V- stator only pn:S6625) Club (pn:3331) or Boss (pn:3626V).
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/groups/BananaRaceway/
wwddww34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #5395
Tech Addict
 
moparSRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 574
Default

depends on your local rules, usvta any novak 25.5 is legal, under roar any 25.5 is legal.
__________________
2014 IFMAR Warm-Up Pics >>> www.rcactionpics.com <<<

Check it out >>> www.RaceVTA.com <<<
moparSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #5396
Tech Champion
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,043
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I'm sorry. I just assumed that he meant USVTA rules.
__________________
www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #5397
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 7,651
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

whats being said around the water cooler was simple as this..." hey guys have you heard about that slow boring non-real racing class of older chassis and never going to reach anywhere but some lonely track up north and a hillbilly dump down south"..."yeah Ive seen 2-4 ppl talking about it"...well these yahooos want a spec motor for the class"...."well what they want?"...."some lower turn motor like 25.5, slower than the current 21.5, they say they are trying to make the cars very similar to the original formula of 27t and 4 cell"..."those guys must be crazy, it will never sale"..."I told them all we do is concentrate on "REAL" racing classes, not some backwoods club stuff"....."what did everybody else say?"..."same thing, we are not wasting time or effort and take a chance on those hillbillies wanting to go slow"...." well did anybody say anything different?"...."believe it or not, some company thought it was worth doing, bet they lost their Azz on that one...Hahahahaha"...."glad we didn't get into it"..."good thing is , if it ever does get going, we can just jump on the bandwagon".....

any questions?
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/RockStar Paint, LLC
THUNDER JAM IX Snowbirds Warm-up
January 21, 2017 Thunder RC Raceway
http://events.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?id=5313
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #5398
Tech Addict
 
moparSRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
whats being said around the water cooler was simple as this..." hey guys have you heard about that slow boring non-real racing class of older chassis and never going to reach anywhere but some lonely track up north and a hillbilly dump down south"..."yeah Ive seen 2-4 ppl talking about it"...well these yahooos want a spec motor for the class"...."well what they want?"...."some lower turn motor like 25.5, slower than the current 21.5, they say they are trying to make the cars very similar to the original formula of 27t and 4 cell"..."those guys must be crazy, it will never sale"..."I told them all we do is concentrate on "REAL" racing classes, not some backwoods club stuff"....."what did everybody else say?"..."same thing, we are not wasting time or effort and take a chance on those hillbillies wanting to go slow"...." well did anybody say anything different?"...."believe it or not, some company thought it was worth doing, bet they lost their Azz on that one...Hahahahaha"...."glad we didn't get into it"..."good thing is , if it ever does get going, we can just jump on the bandwagon".....

any questions?
lol thats funny
__________________
2014 IFMAR Warm-Up Pics >>> www.rcactionpics.com <<<

Check it out >>> www.RaceVTA.com <<<
moparSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #5399
Tech Legend
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 26,528
Trader Rating: 206 (100%+)
Default

Has any performance advantage been noticed with the variance in C rating that is allowed?

Also, same question when using the Boss motor versus regular one? I would think since it has more cooling could be ran geared a little harder?

Depending on if we go to a USVTA specific track, I am wondering what version of the motor to pickup and if going for the highest C rated lipo would be worth while based on peoples real world experiences.
__________________
< Team Associated RC10B6D>
< Durango DESC410V2, DEX410V5>
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #5400
Tech Regular
 
RussF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Posts: 370
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

One thing to consider is that with USVTA there is a fairly equal playing field and no buying the "motor of the week". I like that. In fact I would like to see only one motor, esc, and battery allowed, but that's another topic. If they add a ton of motors, esc's, batteries and stuff it will become costly and crazy and stop being fun for everyone but fun for those with big wallets. Not to mention a big PIA for the guys maintaining the rules and approving stuff. If you want variety race 17.5, USGT, or mod. Just sayin'.
__________________
SaltLakeMini-Z.com, HowFastAreYou.com
RussF is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] speedsterblade Electric On-Road 5821 11-21-2016 11:39 AM
TeamNovak (U.S Vintage Trans-Am) NovakTwo Electric On-Road 329 12-07-2013 08:48 PM
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing squarehead Electric On-Road 14187 03-21-2012 02:43 PM
U.S. Vintage Trans Am Nationals: April 12th, 2008 squarehead Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 308 05-14-2008 08:56 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:33 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0