R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-30-2013, 02:43 AM   #4951
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
I believe that "consistency and transparency" is exactly what makes USVTA the fastest growing R/C race class in the USA, . Anybody can just Google "USVTA Rules" and find a very complete and consistent rule set that leaves no question about what it takes to race USVTA. Ernest talks about how nice it would be if all the race sanctioning bodies could all RUN THE SAME EXACT RULES. Those of us who race USVTA all across the USA already know how nice that is.
M O N E Y drives the direction of the RULES - and the PRODUCTS that are built and Sold.

USVTA (for On-Road) T.O.U.R. (for OVAL) are not "Organizations" (as a R.O.A.R.) is.

No true "SANCTION"
No "Profit" or $$$ Making in their general plan
Non "Insurance" Providing
and Not w/o controversy and/or conflict.

Ernie may say what he says - but like ALL MFG's - they HATE when "organizations" create rules that are fixated on ONE Brand of a product (That is unless it's THEIR product)

R.O.A.R. can't do that - so their "THOUGHT" is that they will create a level playing field w/ the use of RULES and GUIDELINES that ALL MFGs can adhere to. (Problem is - THEY ALL want to find GRAY Areas to exploit for Performance Advantages - OVER and OVER and OVER again.)

W/O this - the market will grow stagnant - sales will fall - companies will go OUT of BUSINESS - Hobbyshops and Tracks will close - and so on, and so on.

WE Need the $$$ (Spent in the other classes of R/C) to assure classes like USVTA can continue.
...will the SWT be revived? Time will tell, but we ARE returning to the VELODROME in 2016
SWTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:29 PM   #4952
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Body

Has anybody weighed the bodies? I just got a mustang body and its half the weight of a 68 Camaro.
AARON YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #4953
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

We tried that, although never wrote it down. Thing we noticed was that different runs of the bodies seemed to have different weights.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:01 PM   #4954
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to JimmyMack12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG View Post
Has anybody weighed the bodies? I just got a mustang body and its half the weight of a 68 Camaro.
From what I've been told, the ProtoForm Javelin is the lightest of the VTA-legal bodies.
JimmyMack12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #4955
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Are we really trying to get light weight bodies for VTA. I understand it will raise the cg a little, but every chassis but the older tub chassis needs weight added. I had to add 320 grams to my HPI Pro4 to get it to 1550. I am not worried about one body weighing more than another.
SMC - Motiv motors - Savox - Spectrum - Exotek.
The brighter the picture, the darker the negative. USVTA member #112
theproffesor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:30 PM   #4956
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theproffesor View Post
Are we really trying to get light weight bodies for VTA. I understand it will raise the cg a little, but every chassis but the older tub chassis needs weight added. I had to add 320 grams to my HPI Pro4 to get it to 1550. I am not worried about one body weighing more than another.
Ditto. I add so much weight in the form of dry wall tape and Shoe Goo that having a lightweight body means nothing to me.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #4957
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG View Post
Out of all the VTA bodies the HPI #7494 1968 Camaro is made out of the thickest plastic, 0.030" I believe, so it would be the heaviest and most durable VTA body. All the other HPI VTA bodies are made out of thinner plastic so they weigh less and are also less durable.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #4958
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I actually love the Javelin body, but have trouble using it because it doesnt' weigh anything. Maybe he was trying to find out what bodies weigh, so he could get a heavier body.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:15 PM   #4959
Tech Addict

Default Weight

Thank you I think I'm going to try the challenger next.
AARON YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:33 PM   #4960
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTour View Post
M O N E Y drives the direction of the RULES - and the PRODUCTS that are built and Sold.

USVTA (for On-Road) T.O.U.R. (for OVAL) are not "Organizations" (as a R.O.A.R.) is.

No true "SANCTION"
No "Profit" or $$$ Making in their general plan
Non "Insurance" Providing
and Not w/o controversy and/or conflict.

Ernie may say what he says - but like ALL MFG's - they HATE when "organizations" create rules that are fixated on ONE Brand of a product (That is unless it's THEIR product)

R.O.A.R. can't do that - so their "THOUGHT" is that they will create a level playing field w/ the use of RULES and GUIDELINES that ALL MFGs can adhere to. (Problem is - THEY ALL want to find GRAY Areas to exploit for Performance Advantages - OVER and OVER and OVER again.)

W/O this - the market will grow stagnant - sales will fall - companies will go OUT of BUSINESS - Hobbyshops and Tracks will close - and so on, and so on.

WE Need the $$$ (Spent in the other classes of R/C) to assure classes like USVTA can continue.
+1
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:14 AM   #4961
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

any of you Tamiya guys have a decent TA05v2R setup for racing in a parking lot? kinda sealed and fairly flowing track?

thanks
Old 07-31-2013, 09:21 AM   #4962
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddww34 View Post
After reading a blog entry by Ernest Provetti where he talks about discombobulation with all the racing rules amongst ROAR, EFRA, FEMCA, BRCA, JMRCA and IFMAR (See quote).

I believe that "consistency and transparency" is exactly what makes USVTA the fastest growing R/C race class in the USA, . Anybody can just Google "USVTA Rules" and find a very complete and consistent rule set that leaves no question about what it takes to race USVTA. Ernest talks about how nice it would be if all the race sanctioning bodies could all RUN THE SAME EXACT RULES. Those of us who race USVTA all across the USA already know how nice that is.
YES SIR + 1
most just want to about them and change them around to better serve themselves
Old 08-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #4963
Tech Master

Can anyone tell me what VTA legal batteries are out there that have the nubs on the bottom of the pack? I need the nubs to keep my battery from sliding around in the chassis.

Thanks,
Chad
Scrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #4964
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

what chassis are you using?
January 2017
Thunder RC Raceway
DARKSIDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #4965
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrad View Post
Can anyone tell me what VTA legal batteries are out there that have the nubs on the bottom of the pack? I need the nubs to keep my battery from sliding around in the chassis.

Thanks,
Chad
Use some velcro.
misplacedtexan is offline   Reply With Quote